Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

the perceived enemy of my internet friend is my sworn blood enemy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

the enemy will not hesitate to use every tool at their disposal against us, so why should we be not laugh when they find themselves falling victim to those same tools?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Schadenfreude is fine, but don't mistake it for good praxis, because like you just said, it is going to be used against enemies of capital far more than racists and nazis.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

a cyberpunk goose posted:

I feel like the centrist left really gets off on feeling "right" or vindicated even at the expense of their platform and good of the country. There is almost a perverse "I told you so" gloat going on about Trump's election, and the gloat is so overwhelming that they can't possibly realize that it's ultimately their responsibility to figure out a message and a platform that really resonates with real, working people -- not the people buying tickets months in advance for Hamilton.

The centrist left almost seems happy that Trump is in office and it freaks me out.

Everything in the last week has been a rewriting of "no, conservatism cannot fail, it can only be failed" but with third way neoliberalism. I seriously didn't expect the PUMA crowd to come out to play, and it really highlights that conspiracy theories aren't just for one side of the political spectrum.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Serf posted:

doxxing is good when it happens to bad people and bad when it happens to good people

it's always bad, but in the case of "bad" people my concern is for the doxxers mental health

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I think the cum boys and the dry boys should just combine their shows.

The "Comfortably Moist but also kind of Sticky Boys" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

little munchkin posted:

it's always bad, but in the case of "bad" people my concern is for the doxxers mental health

i mean cnn does seem to be hitting the skids right now...

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Who is the fuckface who appears in-between segments talking about the kid who got invited to the White House for building a clock, and then again where he's talking about the value of his time? John Whelan or Wayland or something like that? He is one of the most annoying speakers I've ever heard in my entire loving life. He sounds like everything that comes out of his mouth is written by the guys who script promos for WWE wrestlers.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Halloween Jack posted:

Who is the fuckface who appears in-between segments talking about the kid who got invited to the White House for building a clock, and then again where he's talking about the value of his time? John Whelan or Wayland or something like that? He is one of the most annoying speakers I've ever heard in my entire loving life. He sounds like everything that comes out of his mouth is written by the guys who script promos for WWE wrestlers.

think it's Ben Shapiro but not sure. Same one who complains about rap lyrics?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
No, I'd know Ben's castrato voice anywhere. This guy's voice sounds normal but he pads every sentence with as much meaningless verbiage as possible. His "time" rant is midway through episode 85. (I can't link you to a Soundcloud because it's a premium episode)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Serf posted:

doxxing is good when it happens to bad people and bad when it happens to good people

I mean if the person did something actually bad sure, but this is literally CNN threatening to doxx somebody who made a gif of Donald Trump doing a wrestle move on Vince McMahon with Vince's face replaced with the CNN logo.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I mean if the person did something actually bad sure, but this is literally CNN threatening to doxx somebody who made a gif of Donald Trump doing a wrestle move on Vince McMahon with Vince's face replaced with the CNN logo.

yeah it owns

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
It makes CNN look bad so yeah I guess it does own.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Darkman Fanpage posted:

He also made a picture of all the Jewish people on CNN with little stars next to their names.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

prefect posted:

He also made a picture of all the Jewish people on CNN with little stars next to their names.

Oh lol

coathat
May 21, 2007

There should be a holiday where we get to shoot cnn with rocket launchers

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

https://www.adl.org/blog/analysis-of-reddit-user-claiming-responsibility-for-president-trumps-cnn-video

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
On the one hand I hate CNN. On the other I hate the kekistanis. Honestly I think'll just sit this one out.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i think its cool + good to see our enemies fighting each other. cnn getting owned by the people they helped create is fuckin awesome

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This new Premium podcast is one of the goddamn all time greats.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Le Saboteur posted:

This new Premium podcast is one of the goddamn all time greats.

Are they reviewing another lovely blockbuster?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Did anyone actually read the gif guy's apology where he admits to being literally addicted to trolling? lol

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Mr Hootington posted:

Are they reviewing another lovely blockbuster?

no it's better

quote:

Adam's back. This is one of the most fun episodes we've done recently. We talk about Blink 182, watch Clay Higgins' Excellent Holocaust Adventure, discuss the shoddy state of late night "political" comedy after Jay Leno, and read not one but two Virgin Apologias, from Steven Crowder and Ben Shapiro.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I drive 30-50 minutes each way depending on traffic because the rental situation in the city where I work sucks bad, and if I could get on a train with other proles and just split the difference with 40 minutes of vegging out self-medicating with my phone without worrying about the uncertainty of a 10-year-old beater car as a paycheck-to-paycheck prole, I would do it in a heartbeat.
Same.

Listened to their bit on the moronic Jacoby article yesterday. In my old apartment I was actually in the situation Jacoby describes--I could take one of three different routes to work. And they all sucked! One went past the hospital, one went through downtown, the other was to take the Interstate even though that was going backwards to go forwards. There is no freedom involved in rolling the dice and trying to guess which route will have the least construction and minor accidents holding up traffic.

Now I live 25 miles out of town and my commute is only a few minutes longer. I would so much like to just drive to where my road meets the highway and take a bus or rail down into the city.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I knew that Cajun guys voice sounded familiar and then was reminded he was the cop in those terrible black crime videos. I can't believe he's a member of Congress now.

Serf
May 5, 2011

as someone who grew up on a farm, mass transit is awesome. i love going to atlanta and riding the marta

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Yeah, its same thing with me growing up in a town with only like a lovely bus system in Ontario then going to Toronto its like mass transit heaven but people who live in Toronto hate it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

emdash posted:

no it's better

That does sound like a good episode

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
wow holy poo poo i knew crowder was garbage but that day laborer video just kinda makes me wish that union worker did more than smash his loving face in that time

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Not only is Boston's mass transit system one of the very few in the entire country that's actually good, but Jacoby is a rich whiny pissbaby if he lives within a 10 minute walk of a green line station that's also relatively close to downtown.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Steven Crowder was Brain on the PBS show Arthur. What.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Breadallelogram posted:

You literally could not come up with a factoid that was equally as confusing and distressing as this.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

WHAT

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
One of the voices of show for like a season.

lol

quote:

a bear of Senegalese descent,[2] and celebrates Kwanzaa.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

What's this, a rebuttal of Matt Christman's game episode on the same podcast? (One that's lighthearted and non-confrontational as well)

(Also the guy being interviewed is a Saudi lefty so I can picture Felix go "HUH!" at it as well)

Kunster fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 6, 2017

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Chexoid posted:

You literally could not come up with a factoid that was equally as confusing and distressing as this.
i thought this was already known

~EVERYDAY WHEN YA WALKIN DOWN THE STREET YOU YELL AT SOME BEANERS TO GO BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM~

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The fantasy world Steven Crowder has built for himself is amazing

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Antti posted:

I already forgot the exact crack but it was like "He's a Sega video game character from the 1990s and he collects earned income tax credits" and I started laughing in the bus like a moron.
Topher Spiro is like an old Sega/NES name written by Japanese guys who don't know many English names, they just have an idea of what European names sorta sound like. Like "Sypha Belnades."

a cyberpunk goose posted:

I feel like the centrist left really gets off on feeling "right" or vindicated even at the expense of their platform and good of the country. There is almost a perverse "I told you so" gloat going on about Trump's election, and the gloat is so overwhelming that they can't possibly realize that it's ultimately their responsibility to figure out a message and a platform that really resonates with real, working people -- not the people buying tickets months in advance for Hamilton.

The centrist left almost seems happy that Trump is in office and it freaks me out.
Oh yeah, the media has had a love-hate relationship with Trump since he became a serious contender. I've always believed that they contributed to his success because they thought that with Trump, they could have their cake and eat it too. I believe their thinking was that there was no moral dilemma in putting Trump on TV to get ratings, because they were just giving him enough rope to hang himself. That turned out to be wrong.

The commentariat loves Trump because he allows them to pretend that they stand for something beyond maintaining their status and salary (and this goes for the #NeverTrump Republican pundits as well as centrist Democrats). Everyone gets to take a brave public stance against his racism, sexism, jingoism, and sociopathy and pretend that they aren't racist, sexist, poor-hating warmongers. Like, we joked that the Democratic primary was a race to the bottom to see what vile reactionary stance the establishment Democrats would defend next, in order to defend Hillary and vilify Sanders. But that just kept right on going after Trump was elected, so that they could avoid facing up to the repudiation of their worldview, blame everyone but Clinton and the DNC for the Party's failures, and "oppose" Trump. Open contempt for the poor, cheerleading the loving CIA..often they just say the opposite of whatever Trump is saying. Anything and everything is on the table because they never believed in anything.

...And the commentariat hates Trump, because he detonated their obsession with norms and decorum and the illusion of meritocracy, which I won't go over because Chapo has done it already.

Take the recent Chait article--he genuinely doesn't understand why a demonstrated failure to correctly analyze or predict anything disqualifies him from commenting on that particular topic. In his mind, he won at the meritocracy, and he now has membership in a social class that entitles him to be a "public intellectual" until he croaks.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 7, 2017

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

He also tried to get 4chan to doxx a guy.

http://archive.is/LxvYh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Race Realists posted:

wow holy poo poo i knew crowder was garbage but that day laborer video just kinda makes me wish that union worker did more than smash his loving face in that time

It's like as if he saw those old Ari Shafir "Amazing Racist" videos that Ari is embarassed of now because he wasn't good at being funny at the time and thought to himself "this is pretty good, but what if instead of trying to be funny I just got really mad and threatening?"