Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I think hes on ice until the big thing the demons are planning happens, he was expecting a flower through the heart but whatever was revealed to him made him terribly confused.

Safe to assume he didnt get flowered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Ytlaya posted:

So I guess Norman is actually dead in Promised Neverland? For a long time I kept expecting there to be some trick involved, but I can't imagine any way that he could have avoided dying in his situation.

He'll probably be back to show us what happens to men who cooperate with the demons.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Speaking of I would like some clarification on that whole demon matter sometime this epoch.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hopefully well get some exposition on the next few chapters.

(Tho honestly i wouldnt care at all if the reason for demons is straightforward and simple or mind bendingly confusing, so long as the mind games keep happening.)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 4, 2017

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
If you don't see a body, it's safe to assume there's a reason for it.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Sadly, people in fiction only ever really die when you see it happen. Anyone presumed dead is bound to show up again, always. Unless the series gets cancelled before the author gets there.

If an author actually goes through with killing a character off-screen, the audience always gets mad for some reason, despite them clamoring for "less clichés" (see Attack on Titan).

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

TriffTshngo posted:

If you don't see a body, it's safe to assume there's a reason for it.

I hate that this is right. I suspect Norman is being groomed to be the big bad of the series. It's been beaten into the reader by now that some humans are special and are not to be eaten, and while we've only seen the women used as breeders and caretakers, we don't actually know what happens to the exceptionally high scorers. It would not be surprising to me if this came down to some high level eugenics program where the very best are groomed to be leaders. It's been flagged to some extent that there's something more special about them that they shouldn't be damaged in any way; if they were just eating their brains that would not need to be the case.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:siren: A new Silver Spoon just dropped on Manga Stream :siren:

Phone posting so I can't link it, but this came out of nowhere. Would've put it in its thread but that's long since archived.

bondster
May 6, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

:siren: A new Silver Spoon just dropped on Manga Stream :siren:

Phone posting so I can't link it, but this came out of nowhere. Would've put it in its thread but that's long since archived.

Link in question: http://readms.net/r/silver_spoon/121/4390/1

I remember hearing it was coming out of hiatus in the last couple of weeks, and its really nice to have it back :unsmith:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I got volumes 3-5 of Assassination Classroom today and just finished up that field trip arc! The field trip guide was really funny and we finally got a hint of Koro Sensei's past is when Karasuma asked him if the ex-girlfriends Koro Sensei has are "from when you had just two arms and two legs".

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is the assassination classroom guy currently working on anything right now?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

it doesn't seem like it and between Neuro and Assassination Classroom he didn't do anything for three years bar one or two one shots.

I really like Karma and goddamn this principal is such an rear end in a top hat, I hope they win this baseball game and rub his nose in it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dr stone still cool as gently caress
Best faces in jump rn.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Best faces in jump rn.

I mean you're half right.

Souma has the best faces in jump like full stop.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Best faces in jump rn.

yea it's great and I hope it's doing well enough to not get cancelled

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Dr Stone is so good. For some reason I found that page when Senku was looking really happy at the other guy being a science dude really heartwarming.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea it's great and I hope it's doing well enough to not get cancelled

AFAIK it's sat fairly comfortably in the mid-card for a while now which sort of suggests that its in no danger or being canned or milked to death.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hopeford posted:

Dr Stone is so good. For some reason I found that page when Senku was looking really happy at the other guy being a science dude really heartwarming.

I'm really glad the story didn't take the easy path of the sorcerer being an idiot and Senku disproving him through science.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's an idiot, but he's a science idiot and he figured out all of that on his own. he might have lost the 'sorcery battle', but he very clearly won senkuu's respect.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I read the first chapter of Dr. Stone and it was fine is it worth reading? I liked it well enough but my lasting impression was "are you really telling he was conscious for 1000 years"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think Dr Stone is really good so far

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dr stowns

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I read the first chapter of Dr. Stone and it was fine is it worth reading? I liked it well enough but my lasting impression was "are you really telling he was conscious for 1000 years"

A man's determination to confess to his crush is stronger than a mere thousand years.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Well that's a pretty positive response and rather nicely I have all the online VIZ issues that it's been running in! It's story by ES21 guy and Art by Sunk-Ken Rock guy? If that's the one I'm thinking of I'm pretty excited about the story because that guy made me really excited about American Football which I've 0 interest in and doesn't even air here.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dexo posted:

I mean you're half right.

Souma has the best faces in jump like full stop.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

First chapter is pretty fun I guess! Interested to see what the major plot points are going to be moving forward.

re faces

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I enjoyed catching up on Dr. Stone very much! There's no thread for it so I was going to put together a thread for it unless that's a terrible idea!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
U19 got another chapter or two of marginally less potato-quality translations.

The leader of the NotKidsNextDoor is like the only good character in the series. I actually found his entire arc that was explained in one chapter because the series was getting axed pretty affecting- good chapter title too, "How to live".

Shame about the rest of it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I made a thread for Dr. Stone I hope that's ok, friends :shobon:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

U19 got another chapter or two of marginally less potato-quality translations.

The leader of the NotKidsNextDoor is like the only good character in the series. I actually found his entire arc that was explained in one chapter because the series was getting axed pretty affecting- good chapter title too, "How to live".

Shame about the rest of it.

The whole todo with the kid who was genetically matched with the love intrest would have been great in a comic that wasn't running in a fuckpit like WSJ.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 7, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man Kids next Door was a good show.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Man I'm trying to get into Robot x Laserbeam, but I might be too prejudiced against golf. Not that I don't like golf, just that I'm having so much trouble buying that a dude is calling himself "THE EMPEROR" and trying to appear super creepy. Like, it's just such a chill sport that the big personalities don't seem to fit. I'm like "What about golf attracted this type of person?"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I dropped Robot X Laserbeam after a couple of chapters but like golf aside, it didn't really seem like that great a sports series.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

It's by the Kuroko author, but it's much harder to make golf interesting to read about than basketball. There's not so many different things to do or complex interactions within and between teams. A good golf story would rely on subtleties of tension and characterisation that don't really fit the hyperbolic sports manga style.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I'm liking blue flag https://bato.to/comic/_/comics/ao-no-flag-r21565

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Hell yeah just shove that pure uncut melodrama right into my face.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Hopeford posted:

Man I'm trying to get into Robot x Laserbeam, but I might be too prejudiced against golf. Not that I don't like golf, just that I'm having so much trouble buying that a dude is calling himself "THE EMPEROR" and trying to appear super creepy. Like, it's just such a chill sport that the big personalities don't seem to fit. I'm like "What about golf attracted this type of person?"

Read King Golf instead. It does a much better job of it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Peel posted:

It's by the Kuroko author, but it's much harder to make golf interesting to read about than basketball. There's not so many different things to do or complex interactions within and between teams. A good golf story would rely on subtleties of tension and characterisation that don't really fit the hyperbolic sports manga style.

This is the putt that killed off the dinosaurs.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hopeford posted:

it's not great but the concept of golf hooligans was really funny to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I have zero appreciation or fondness for golf but I'm enjoying it mostly because of how absurd all these sports manga cliches feel when applied to as quiet and respectful a sport as golf. If it were 100 chapters deep into serialization or something before I noticed it I probably wouldn't have bothered but since I caught it early it's fun enough to keep up with every week.