Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Ice cream cake is like 80% ice cream, 20% gross pseudo-cake. It doesn't count.

Also you're all mad, cake is best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

The picture is of a cup cake. The worst form of cake. Clearly cake is the wrong choice.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

zolthorg posted:

Cake is objectively superior and going to be loving buried because of Marina
i'll stick to my principle of losing every Splatfest because I actually pick what I like

The simple facts:

Cake is better with ice cream

Ice cream is just as good with or without cake

Therefore - Ice cream is clearly superior.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Ice cream is also better with cake, though. Because then you can chop the cake up and mix it with the ice cream and just have a great time.

Honestly, I think each of them is improved by the other. But if I have to choose, it's cake or death.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
You can eat cake all year long.

Ice cream in winter? Uhh, if you're into it, I guess. But there's no Christmas ice cream.

Ergo, cake would be my choice. Too bad I'm waiting for my Splatoon bundle...

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rexroom posted:

Oh please, Marina is your typical demure exotic non-person that infantile men like to romanticize about. "Oh, oh, she's more to our taste, unlike Pearl, who is a bitch like all the other squidgirls", grunt the virgin losers in unison.

I dunno what is keyfabe and what is genuine insanity here :froggonk:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't hate Pearl like some of you, but it's an undeniable fact that DJs are cooler than MCs

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't hate Pearl like some of you, but it's an undeniable fact that DJs are cooler than MCs

what about MC Hammer?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I won't know if I like Pearl or Marina better until I've played enough to get a feel for their actual personalities, but design-wise I like Marina a bit better.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Oh please, Marina is your typical demure exotic non-person that infantile men like to romanticize about. "Oh, oh, she's more to our taste, unlike Pearl, who is a bitch like all the other squidgirls", grunt the virgin losers in unison.

You can't shame me out of loving Marina.

Give me a Marie x Marina group, Off the Sister.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/welcomeUNKNOWN/status/883074090067734529

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I'm excited for the bubble blower weapon.

Also seems like there were toned down versions of bubbler and kraken in the 1 hit armor and the hamster ball.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Pearl's design looks great in motion on stage. It's when she's standing still that issues arise.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I care for neither

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Only proves that the person who writes all the dumb/amazing puns in Nintedo's localisations hasn't been fired yet.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

its cool that they made the new squid idol duo into a sort of MC and DJ thing, that's going to make for some awesome music. Say what you will about Pearl but she's got talent.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i love both pearl and marina

give me their amiibo already

also eliter 3k when, cmon :<<<<

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Did the Splatoon 2 Moray towers have the ink railing in previous videos? Either way seems like a nice change if it gets you to a good position vs snipers.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ConanThe3rd posted:

...Honestly?

On a more constructive point, has there been any actual figures for splatoon? Nenoroids, Figma, that sort?

There are World of Nintendo figures in stores for Inkling Boy and Girl. I have the Inkling Girl figure, which here is a picture of her in scale with some Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black figures.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

But seriously though is making the in-fiction oppressed species a POC a good idea or a bad idea?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

inferis posted:

But seriously though is making the in-fiction oppressed species a POC a good idea or a bad idea?

Neutral idea.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

inferis posted:

Nintendo use POC as shorthand for 'exotic' a bunch but who knows if it's deliberate or malicious/thoughtness.

Either way the game looks dope as gently caress and I can't wait.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

inferis posted:

theyre not oppressed they're enemies to inkling society.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

mabels big day posted:

theyre not oppressed they're enemies to inkling society.

I thought it was like the wars are all history and the squids are fighting to commemorate wiping them all out

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

After Splatoon 2 and Callie's clear diplomatic outreach program to the Octolings they'll all become good buds.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

or it could be Pearl Marina Apartment on : Al Marsa Street, Water Front - Dubai

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Isn't one of the other band members (XABY, I think) a male Octoling?

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

also im glad they opened up port mackerel up a bit, when i saw the name pop up in the direct i started to thrash around on the floor but it looks like theres plenty more space to move around in

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Blank Construct posted:

Did the Splatoon 2 Moray towers have the ink railing in previous videos? Either way seems like a nice change if it gets you to a good position vs snipers.

Yes it did. Something new they did show was the sponge cubes added to Port Mackerel. If they're gonna add more single player stuff to old maps, those teleporting beacon things they showed briefly in the new singleplayer looked really cool.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The Squids and the Octoling will finally know peace when they come together to wipe out those dirty, filthy Salmonids.

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

Adder Moray posted:

The simple facts:

Cake is better with ice cream

Ice cream is just as good with or without cake

Therefore - Ice cream is clearly superior.

Who the gently caress eats cake with ice cream that's retarded.

Team Cake

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

inferis posted:

Not sure, but if the single player mode has her do a heel turn, it would be...unfortunate.

That is what I am hoping for.
VVVV

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 7, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SyntheticPolygon posted:

After Splatoon 2 and Callie's clear diplomatic outreach program to the Octolings they'll all become good buds.

this is very clearly going to be the single player plot

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rexroom posted:

Ice cream in winter? Uhh, if you're into it, I guess. But there's no Christmas ice cream.

Alaska eats more ice cream per capita than any other state. I will fight for my people.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Rexroom posted:

Egg nog ice cream exists and it is delicious.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
to anyone siding with cake:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Comparing 1 to 2 shows quite a leap...

https://twitter.com/Dystify/status/883001854006890496

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The real monsters are the ones who put cake in a bowl then pour milk on it.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Vile creatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Yay, managed to get ahold of a Switch today, just in time to guarantee Splatoon 2 at launch! :dance:

Hadn't been actively keeping up on development as much this time around, outside of the Switch/E3 presentations and whatever direct they announced Salmon Run at, since I wasn't expecting to have one at launch. Anything else of note outside of those and today's Direct?

Wendell posted:

Yeah, I don't think the hosts should be representative of a side if it means everyone will always just pick the non-brat option!

But enough about Callie and Marie, what about the new idols?

• Locked thread