Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Moatillata posted:

He must have skipped quite a bit

King Burgundy puts the scum count at 6 total, spends the next day coordinating how the day vigilantes can kill off players as fast as possible. His justification of Taste as a target is "he stole my vote!" Spends the entire day talking up Added Space for ???speculating about the setup????

He's scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Added Space posted:

Mailed in my night action, got a brief reply "Sorry, you were frozen."

I got the same message.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

The Ninth Layer posted:

King Burgundy puts the scum count at 6 total, spends the next day coordinating how the day vigilantes can kill off players as fast as possible. His justification of Taste as a target is "he stole my vote!" Spends the entire day talking up Added Space for ???speculating about the setup????

He's scum.

I'm not gonna disagree with you there, especially with his lack of vote on quid

However I was referencing that bif and king b had quite the slapfight earlier in the game

That's why bif laffoed

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also that is why I was asking how many deaths until lylo

I am feeling uneasy about our situation

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

Also that is why I was asking how many deaths until lylo

I am feeling uneasy about our situation

Yeah same

I think 8 scum has gotta be the worst case scenario, which would leave us with 6 right now, out of 15 alive

If we mislunch today and its 14, two townie deaths with NO scum deaths would do it.

So Quid, if you aren't scum gently caress you buddy

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

But like I said I think 8 is worst case

Might be less, I hope

Also Quid probably is scum

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think Bif is scummy too. She's clearly put a lot of work into the game and is one of the most active players, which I think is great. But she's also clearly cataloging the game and has also directed discussion toward killing players "efficiently," which I think would be a scum concern in this game (the faster you can kill people, the sooner you can end the game). This is work I think scum would want to do anyway to put themselves out as a town leader. I'm also not crazy about how the Asiina day went down and think it could have been orchestrated.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah same

I think 8 scum has gotta be the worst case scenario, which would leave us with 6 right now, out of 15 alive

If we mislunch today and its 14, two townie deaths with NO scum deaths would do it.

So Quid, if you aren't scum gently caress you buddy

Yeah but with a nk which is possible
Puts us at 13 alive with either 6 scum or 5 scum which is mylo right?

In which case my point is it is extremely advantageous for scum to protect their buds at this point, especially since every scum team in ff has had some pretty badass powers and they may be able to clinch it sooner than we think

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I have a really difficult time believing that we started this game with eight scum. That seems like way too many.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Also, to go back to this:

Moatillata posted:

One sec poque

I also want to point out despite his crusade against contentless lurkers KB has declined to drop a vote on quid also mmt

Isn't KB's vote still gone today? (or so he says anyway?)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I think Bif is scummy too. She's clearly put a lot of work into the game and is one of the most active players, which I think is great. But she's also clearly cataloging the game and has also directed discussion toward killing players "efficiently," which I think would be a scum concern in this game (the faster you can kill people, the sooner you can end the game). This is work I think scum would want to do anyway to put themselves out as a town leader. I'm also not crazy about how the Asiina day went down and think it could have been orchestrated.

Meh at least you got a bit more excuse to think this way after witnessing, as mod, my excellent performance in your game

(gimme that crown Pod)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I wouldn't be surprised if MTT is also lurking scum.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IllegallySober posted:

Also, to go back to this:

Isn't KB's vote still gone today? (or so he says anyway?)

Oh God yeah you're right I'm an idiot

He did vote for added space though

Sorry king b

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

:agreed:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tired Moritz posted:

Is that her MO like it is for Asiina?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
##vote quid

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The case on Jamuraan seems to be another "bad use of night actions" case. I haven't been crazy about some of the cases he's pursued but I've also seen town Jammy get pretty worked up in a suspicion and he comes off like that here for me.

I think the case on Quidnose is good, also there's the Infinitum day cop thing that everyone dismissed as lying. Would vote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IllegallySober posted:

Is that her MO like it is for Asiina?

I don't know, but last time I saw her play town she was throwing out great insightful cases even on D1. I'd expect her to be able to do at least a bit of the same even in this crazyass game, just from reading people even if she had to ignore all the role madness.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

also there's the Infinitum day cop thing that everyone dismissed as lying.

I hate you all

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
She's lurked as town before it's not a dead ringer like for quid

Her lack of engagement is troubling but I'm gonna put that aside for the time being pending her checking back in and addressing some of the questions about her

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Moatillata posted:

She's lurked as town before it's not a dead ringer like for quid

Her lack of engagement is troubling but I'm gonna put that aside for the time being pending her checking back in and addressing some of the questions about her

The answer is kind of the depressing realization that I'm burned out on Mafia. Every time I sit down with the intent to catch up on this game, it just feels like too much, and if anything I feel like a hypocrite lurking through a game after several where I was leading the charge calling people out on it.

I'm going to start at the beginning of this game day and take notes from there but if people have direct questions they want answered I'm here.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

The answer is kind of the depressing realization that I'm burned out on Mafia. Every time I sit down with the intent to catch up on this game, it just feels like too much, and if anything I feel like a hypocrite lurking through a game after several where I was leading the charge calling people out on it.

I'm going to start at the beginning of this game day and take notes from there but if people have direct questions they want answered I'm here.

Yeah are you scum mmt?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

Yeah are you scum mmt?

I am town.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Hmm :cheers:

Not sure how many times I can expect this to work

Thanks

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If MT had followed up the "I am town" post with another one saying (not really) I would have laughed too hard to ever vote for her

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Murmur Twin posted:

I saw that earlier you posted your jobs and the last one to unlock was Summoner. Have you done anything with that job during this game day?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

If MT had followed up the "I am town" post with another one saying (not really) I would have laughed too hard to ever vote for her

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

:eng99:

IllegallySober posted:

I saw that earlier you posted your jobs and the last one to unlock was Summoner. Have you done anything with that job during this game day?

There's nothing to do during the day with that job but my plan is to Ramuh tonight.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Down for Quid.

##vote Quid

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's -1 fyi.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm here to drop the hammer.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

I don't have Red Mage

I have forgotten to use my night action basically every night :/

I would vote for Quid for this post but won't put him at -1 just yet. It looks like he's just avoiding fakeclaiming.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yeah, Quid is probably the best choice tonight.

idk if I should hammer though?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oorah ##v##unvote vote Quid

:redhammer:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

MAFIA EDIT ##unvote ##vote Quid

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Oorah ##v##unvote vote Quid

:redhammer:

https://youtu.be/SwS6OkgUXKE

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:f5h:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Real talk I'm getting pissed that people are acting like the case on jammy is solely base death on night actions when I've documented multiple actual posts that are scummy

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Quidthulu - Scum aligned - Chemist/Dragoon/Monk/Samurai - was lynched on day 4!

It is night 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Quidthulhu (8): Jamuraan, Bifauxnen, Moatillata, IllegallySober, Poque, Mithross, Poque, Poque, Max, The Ninth Layer
Jamuraan (3): Kashuno, Tired Moritz, Yorkshire Tea, Kashuno, Kashuno
Yorkshire Tea (1): Added Space
Added Space (1): Mithross, Moatillata, Bifauxnen, King Burgundy, Max, Kashuno, Quidthulhu, Bifauxnen, King Burgundy, Moatillata, Mithross, Kashuno, Max
IllegallySober (0): Moatillata, Moatillata
Tired Moritz (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
King Burgundy (0): The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer
Poque (0): IllegallySober, IllegallySober

Not Voting (2): King Burgundy, Murmur Twin

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 06th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 34 minutes.

:siren: Day 4 - Forest (All Chemists gain a Maiden's Kiss and Antidote today) :siren:

• Locked thread