Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

wow I never thought about it that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
it makes sense that the center is accurate because its the middle part and thats equals and also u do things in the middle and stuff like target ranges where you shoot in the middle of the paper or whatever, the center part because thats how you want to be accurate and on the dot and it takes science to do that makes you think :thunk:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/883064021296926720

lol the video of the "left is the best" graffiti guy

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

TheBigAristotle posted:

Yeah, this won't come back to haunt him.

It really won't, we'll all be dead before he gets the chance to reminisce

Life comes at you fast meme ready and waiting for the other shoe to drop on this guy

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nbcbayarea/status/883104172790472704

wonder how this would work in the trump age

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

alright ive finished making these 1000 scale models of my dick(w/ included microscope so you can see it) now to wait for the demand to come rolling in

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oiled and Ready posted:

Eric is actually the 2nd best, his charity work for st judes was legit and good as gently caress until donny got involved and jacked the course fees etc way up

He's just ugly as sin so it's hard to remember he ran the only real Trump family charitable organization (which is now not real)

It's tough because he did raise a bunch of money for them, so much they named a wing after him. But also like .5% of the funds were your standard crooked Trump slush fund.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
This is worth a read, first hand account of what the right wing in America do when someone mildly outs one of them as a weirdo with hang ups about Jews.....

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/07/06/hanassholesolo-anti-semitic-posts-215344

quote:

It took only a few minutes to figure out that HanAssholeSolo, the person behind President Donald Trump’s most retweeted tweet, had also used racial slurs and posted derogatory comments about Muslims. Then, there was the one that caused all the problems: a thread titled “Something Strange About CNN…can’t quite put my finger on it…,” with a graphic of dozens of the network’s talents with tiny blue Stars of David.

Shared more than 300,000 times, and the subject of debate over whether it inspired violence against the media, HanAssholeSolo’s animated GIF reengineered Trump’s 2007 WrestleMania appearance into a living, breathing political cartoon in which the ostensible leader of the free world clotheslined a man with the CNN logo for a face and then proceeded to beat him with his fists. Allies argued it was a joke and all in good fun, but the post I uncovered painted it in a new, more sinister, light.

My reporting on the Stars of David meme quickly went viral. At this moment it’s been shared more than 14,000 times by the likes of CNN’s own Jake Tapper and MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough, who’s had his own run-ins with the president as of late. In the past, when a post or story of mine has garnered that much attention, I’ve always dealt with the inevitable criticism and harassment that follows. Sure enough, it wasn’t far behind.

Before the hour was up, I was receiving messages from the usual customers: anonymous accounts with Pepe avatars and bios declaring themselves “ethnonationalists” and “white identitarians.” Despite my Southern Baptist upbringing, they assumed I was Jewish because I’d uncovered anti-Semitism, and so the threats and memes predictably featured pictures of Adolf Hitler, scenes from the Holocaust and other anti-Semitic garbage. I was peppered with the usual slurs and insults before a user calling his or herself “Pepe’s Imam” told me: “There’s a civil war coming, leftist. Memes are the least of your problems.”

Over the past few weeks I’d heard plenty of talk about a new civil war, this one supposedly the looming violent clash between left and right. Since last year I’ve been threatened regularly, including an incident in which somebody circled my house at 4 in the morning, and so I’ve kept a close eye on extreme right-wing communities. In their posts and on the subculture’s favorite media outlet InfoWars, I’d heard talk of that conflict, but now the rhetoric seemed universal.

I returned to the Reddit forum where HanAssholeSolo had been posting, a subreddit called The_Donald in which extreme supporters of the president rail against the “MSM,” or the mainstream media, and journalists like myself. They’d already spun my outing of their confederate as part of the larger conspiracy against them and the man they call “God Emperor.” By following their posting histories, I found plenty of mentions of that civil war, as well as subreddits like Physical_Removal that focused on “removing” problematic members of the media and liberals.

In the past few hours I’d been getting plenty of threats about going on a “helicopter ride” and cartoons of people being hurled out the doors of an airborne chopper. Here I found it was all a reference to the murderous Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet’s practice of tossing his victims into the sea. The posters there, and in my Twitter feed, seemed to take a great deal of pleasure at the thought of replicating that atrocity in modern-day America.

Other threats appeared on related sites, particularly on 4chan, the wild west of internet forums. Here, in reference to my reporting, they talked openly about “the Journocaust,” a term some used in place of the civil war. The fantasy seemed to be open hostilities in which journalists, academics and liberals could be hung in public, an event some called “The Day of the Rope” after a plot point in William Pierce’s The Turner Diaries, a 1978 novel about a fictional race war some in the extreme right hold as a holy book of sorts.

One anonymous member counseled on how to intimidate and threaten me without running afoul of social media moderators and the authorities. Another posted excerpts from a short story about killing journalists with lines like, “the media lies, the media dies” and “a traitor in front of a camera is still just a traitor.” Yet another said death was too good for journalists and “they should have their flesh twisted from their bones.”

And then, this:
I mean, he’s not wrong. If I could slit his flabby neck and dump him in a ditch somewhere without getting caught, I absolutely would in a heartbeat.

Same goes for pretty much any shitlib whiny or fake-news propagandist. The only thing stopping me is that it would be inconvenient, and the fact that the law enforcement apparatus is still semi-functional.

I’m surrounded by people who feel the same way. Shitlibs have dehumanized themselves in our eyes. We simply don’t give a poo poo about them, don’t consider them human.

Trump’s stupid meme didn’t do anything to reinforce that belief. Decades of constant browbeating, whining, lying, and despicable deception by leftists and their media establishment are what did it.

I learned last year the best strategy is to be open about this kind of stuff and expose it however possible. On my Twitter feed I prepared screenshots of the offending rhetoric while critics accused me of lying. The left is the violent group, they told me while linking to stories about clashes with antifascist groups. In the same thread, as they claimed I’d made the whole thing up, the anti-Semitic materials and threats were piling up.

Things didn’t slow down.

The Daily Stormer, the most popular Neo-Nazi publication in America, set its sights on me and declared my agenda as “Jewish.”

Then, former imperial wizard of the Ku Klux Klan and recent U.S. Senate candidate David Duke, one of the leaders in white supremacist thought, weighed in and said people like me had “promoted the mass collective guilt of Whites and laughed about it,” a charge that seemed to open the door for more white supremacists to come after me.

Paul Joseph Watson, second banana over at Alex Jones’ conspiracy empire InfoWars, criticized me for discussing the harassment, criticism that then led to Jones’ army to join in.

While Neo-Nazis and 9/11 Truthers sent more memes and threats, people kept talking about the original GIF that’d started the whole mess. Wrestling is fake, they said. A choreographed fight that’s nothing more than some harmless fun.

I kept thinking about HanAssholeSolo’s posting record. His rampant use of racial slurs. His talk of wanting all Muslims eliminated. The CNN meme with the Stars of David. That wrestling GIF that, upon first glance, might appear to be tongue-in-cheek, but, with closer inspection, hides something much, much darker.

HanAssholeSolo has apologized, and vowed never to post that kind of hateful rhetoric again. But as I discovered, there are thousands more like him—and they’re not sorry

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

way too many words man

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WSAZnews/status/883104793710833664

:wow:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This is worth a read, first hand account of what the right wing in America do when someone mildly outs one of them as a weirdo with hang ups about Jews.....

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/07/06/hanassholesolo-anti-semitic-posts-215344

sounds like thousands of them need to be doxxed

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

how many minorities did she shoot to get that honor

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The really poo poo thing about the Russian hacking and Donny Smoothbrains being (at best) skeptical that it exists, is that if they were at all gunshy about the consequences of directly loving with voter rolls or poo poo like that, they will have absolutely noooooo problem doing it next time now that they know there's an entire half of the nation up to and including large chunks of the House and Senate that will shield them as long as the outcome is Trump.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/883104562332225540

this dude just looks straight up like a goblin

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/883104553142550529

turtleman may go full cuck

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

:smugjones:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Krauthammer has been slowly melting for the past decade

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
https://twitter.com/nicoleperlroth/status/883103549596545025

rick quit fuckin around at coal mines

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

why is everything about them round

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm happy that Russian media will release embarrassing pictures of trump

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! GOODNIGHT!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
u see a tortoise on the sand being cucked and ur not helping

why is that?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Internet Webguy posted:

u see a tortoise on the sand being cucked and ur not helping

why is that?

what is cucked??

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

plz do not insult gul krauthammer

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Durrrr. Duuuuuur. I'm a douchebag.

Ha, jokes on you lying media. I'm only pretending to be a douchebag to make you look stupid.

Stupid idiots, I actually am a douchebag. Double-secret reversal. God I'm so smart a puppetmaster.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/883106379430494208

he hires the best people

just the best

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Rick at the nuclear reactor controls, adjusts glasses
"okay gang, i got a D in meats so this will be cake"

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

PostNouveau posted:

It's tough because he did raise a bunch of money for them, so much they named a wing after him. But also like .5% of the funds were your standard crooked Trump slush fund.

NPR told me that was only after Donald overrode him and effectively took over his own son's charity because Eric wasn't being a good enough sheister

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

plz do not insult gul krauthammer

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/883107560806645761

haha what

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

Rick at the nuclear reactor controls, adjusts glasses
"okay gang, i got a D in meats so this will be cake"

congrats to rick perry for reopening the black lodge

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

they're not wrong, its all CNN ever talks about

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

alright ive finished making these 1000 scale models of my dick(w/ included microscope so you can see it) now to wait for the demand to come rolling in

Ohhhhh, it sounds interesting. Did you number each individual dick?

If so, I'll buy!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Krauthammer is one of the wonderful people in the world who looks as evil as he is

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Epic High Five posted:

Necromancers any fun?

It's a much more active playstyle than D2. You command the skeletons and golems, but I'm having a blast

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

more like craphammer

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

sure until you realize when trump says "the west" he means all white folk and includes them.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

fartles crapspammer

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

they already had the perfect response

simpsons did it

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Business Gorillas posted:

also while dunking on chubby 12 year olds for being pepes is hilarious, i can definitely see myself being a pepe if i was 12 rn and if you say otherwise you're probably lying

they are the exact sort of maladjusted weirdos i dunked on in online gaming all thru my teens sorry bg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

lol if you're still looking for the easy way out at this point

its been half a year man, nuclear death isn't coming

youll have to live through the lovely and boring apocalypse like the rest of us

KJ Un is gonna come through for Baloogan, just you watch

• Locked thread