Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Lin rfa deals were "fixed" in this cba

The matching team gets the average salary now instead of the balloon years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-cristiano-felicio-bulls-rebuild-spt-0707-20170706-story.html

quote:

Loyalty can still exist in sports.

Two years after the Bulls gave Cristiano Felicio a summer league opportunity out of nowhere, the Brazilian big man made restricted free agency negotiations easy on the only franchise he has known.

"I had my head set that I wanted to stay with the Bulls," Felicio said on a Thursday conference call. "When they offered me, I didn't blink. I didn't do anything. I just told my agent I would accept."

With the free agency moratorium ending Thursday, the Bulls made official the four-year, $32 million deal Felicio verbally agreed to at 11:01 p.m. Friday — the minute free agency began.

Coincidentally, that's the last day Felicio said he saw fellow restricted free agent Nikola Mirotic, who like Felicio had been working out daily at the Advocate Center.

The Bulls and Mirotic haven't bridged the gap in their negotiations. And while both sides want Mirotic in Chicago, the possibility of him signing an offer sheet with another team grows.

oh please god yes Bulls, let Mirotic walk.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

THANK YOU GOD!!!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/883109949064318976

Beautiful

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

what does sean marks know about leonsis' finances??

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

how did the lin contract end up being resolved? did the lakers have to pay him the huge poison pill amount when they traded for him?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/zachlowe_nba/status/883109949064318976

The hell

Edit: the hell

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Give me cash in my hand

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hahahaha

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Give the Nets loving Otto Porter, Grunfield

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

lmao jesus

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

loving lol I had no idea you could put that in an offer sheet, so the Wizards would pay Porter what, 13 million by October 1 every year?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

how did the lin contract end up being resolved? did the lakers have to pay him the huge poison pill amount when they traded for him?

No it was just a normal contract since knicks didn't match

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

kiimo posted:

How could you not immediate know it was 45

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Leonsis is going to be pissed.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

The olynyk contract is fair and good respective to the market

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

gently caress kelly olynyk i hope his loving head falls off

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Shine on you crazy diamond

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

So that part is only in the contract as a middle finger to Washington, knowing they'll match?

They should put other funny and ridiculous things in it as well

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'm going to kill myself

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

seeing as year to year revenue (enough of it to easily make payroll) is relatively guaranteed I dont see why it would be difficult for any team to pay some salaries up front. Assuming they don't have cash on hand, I assume many banks would likely give them a line of credit. It's not really a risky proposition.

I do like it tho as a sticker shock move trying to gently caress with the wiz

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Olynk is a good theoretical fit to Whiteside if Olynk wasn't a piece of crap player

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

12million or so aav seems like rotational big money

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

No it was just a normal contract since knicks didn't match

wait so the team that signs a player to an offer sheet doesn't have to actually follow the offer sheet if the team he's an rfa with doesn't match? so there's no downside to the offering team for putting in stupid bullshit like the lin backloading or this porter prepayment thing?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Hesi Pull-Up Jimbo

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

This is Marks' Mona Lisa.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Oh, I guess bad contracts are still alive and well.

Was Olynk an RFA for Boston or did they not pick up an option year?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

straight up brolic posted:

Leaking literally everything

Which probably includes completely made up poo poo that makes the failure of every single potential deal look entirely like the other team's fault

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Boston renounced his rights as a part of signing Hayward, I believe

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

It's really annoying to have to incur your biggest expense before you draw any revenue.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

They didn't pick it up to clear room for Hayward iirc

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

nachos posted:

I'm going to kill myself

Sorry brother, but your team has won a title recently so you need to fall on that grenade.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lockback posted:

They had to let him go completely to make room for Hayward (And still do, by trading at least Smart's salary)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

wait so the team that signs a player to an offer sheet doesn't have to actually follow the offer sheet if the team he's an rfa doesn't match? so there's no downside to the offering team for putting in stupid bullshit like backloading or this porter prepayment thing?

Lin was a weird case "the arenas rule" since he wasn't on a rookie scale deal. The arenas rule had had weird non identical salary functions .

Porter and most important rfas are rookie scale and those deals are reciprocal or identical.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

They renounced him to clear room

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

If my team signed Kelly Olynyk instead of bringing back my boy James Johnson I am going to be proper mad

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/883113938853953540

Next level from Riley, salary dumping a player to himself and still saving cash, take that Morey

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

euphronius posted:

Lin was a weird case "the arenas rule" since he wasn't on a rookie scale deal. The arenas rule had had weird non identical salary functions .

Porter and most important rfas are rookie scale and those deals are reciprocal or identical.

Houston ended up owing him a bunch of money the lakers didnt have to pay but it didnt count against the cap

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Olynk stinks but I would definitely not want to pay 30 year old James Johnson coming off the first double digit scoring season in his entire career what he's probably going to try to get.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

MourningView posted:

Olynk stinks but I would definitely not want to pay 30 year old James Johnson coming off the first double digit scoring season in his entire career what he's probably going to try to get.

This is true but I am still MAD, I like my 5 James Johnson highlight dunks a season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/883114883323240448

• Locked thread