Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Anyone who buys Madden the year a new engine or console generation is released is a sucker.

I'm sure I'll have bought a used copy by September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Contributing to the NFL I see

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Can't wait to hear you retards whine about sim stats or whatever dumb poo poo

Oberst
May 24, 2010

real_scud posted:

No poo poo, but people love to whine even moreso about poo poo they've no clue about simply because it's EA.

A company with a bad reputation tends to get less respect and understanding??? :monocle:

Also, nice meltdown

Oberst
May 24, 2010

This game is going to be bad, but I'm still going to have fun making you guys kiss the rings for another year

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Nice Meltdown

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Oberst posted:

IN WHAT WORLD DOES KHALIL MACK GET <2 SACKS A SEASON FOR THE REST OF HIS CAREER

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Just your 99 overall middle linebacker here to let you know I'm 33 and I never made the pro bowl in my entire career

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Volkerball posted:

IN WHAT WORLD DOES KHALIL MACK GET <2 SACKS A SEASON FOR THE REST OF HIS CAREER

Sorry your favorite player is bad

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Metapod posted:

Sorry your favorite player is bad

He wins DPOY like 9 times and retires with a higher legacy score than tom Brady every time I'm not the Raiders. :(

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Oh so you suck at the game

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Uh no, the game is broken. Duh.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Oberst posted:

What about counting incomplete (forward) passes as fumbles?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
What is and isn't a completed pass is the most realistic thing in Madden.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I took the browns to the Superbowl on a 3 loss season once

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
there was an absurd amount of restarts

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

Contributing to the NFL I see

Generally it's kinda lovely to buy used games since Gamespot doesn't pay devs. :eng101:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
What sliders you guys use for franchise? Is it just the IS community poo poo

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Eifert Posting posted:

Generally it's kinda lovely to buy used games since Gamespot doesn't pay devs. :eng101:

But then neither does EA for most of the time the devs spend working on the game so

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Have there been any gameplay videos released yet?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Eifert Posting posted:

someone already paid the devs so fygm

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Epi Lepi posted:

Have there been any gameplay videos released yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP04HsxGWRs

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Dralun posted:

What about counting incomplete (forward) passes as fumbles?

U dumb, old man

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm gunna get Madden for the frst time since Madden 25 on 360. Is the GOAT edition worth it or no? I haven't ever played that card poo poo so I'm not sure if I should spring for it or not. I imagine I will play that card game probably sine it seems super popular but previously I stuck to offline franchise.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Waroduce posted:

I'm gunna get Madden for the frst time since Madden 25 on 360. Is the GOAT edition worth it or no? I haven't ever played that card poo poo so I'm not sure if I should spring for it or not. I imagine I will play that card game probably sine it seems super popular but previously I stuck to offline franchise.

If you're the type that is going to spend money on the cards anyway then sure. That's the only difference though.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Do you need to spend money on cards? I'm not gunna sperg full goon and min max all my bullshit like...I'll play for fun and maybe buy less than 5 packs. .

Is the discount on the included packs significant?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Waroduce posted:

Do you need to spend money on cards? I'm not gunna sperg full goon and min max all my bullshit like...I'll play for fun and maybe buy less than 5 packs. .

Is the discount on the included packs significant?

You don't need to but you'll be pretty far behind people who don't unless you spend a bunch of time doing the challenges to make coins (depending on how lucrative those end up being this year). According to the first site I found it's $50 worth of stuff for the extra $20 so it's a good deal IF you're the type of person to spend money on stuff like MUT, but if you're not sure about it probably go regular edition.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Don't play card modes

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It amazes me that madden managed to make football fans essentially Pokémon catd traders

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Papes posted:

Don't play card modes

This is good advice to listen to.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I usually only play long term offline single player franchises...for instance I'm about 9 years into my current fins franchise in Madden 25 but i thought since goons and everyone plays MUT I would try

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm on year 9 as well.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I never get more than 5 or 6 years into a franchise before teams have hosed themselves with huge contracts. The raiders usually can't afford to keep 30 players under contract by 2022.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

zimbomonkey posted:

I never get more than 5 or 6 years into a franchise before teams have hosed themselves with huge contracts. The raiders usually can't afford to keep 30 players under contract by 2022.

I turn the cap off to deal with this.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I'll make the league thread in a week or two.

I dont care about the general game thread

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I pre-ordered this for PS4. I would like very much to play with goons in leagues and FUT/MUT (not sure what the difference is)

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Oberst posted:

I'll make the league thread in a week or two.

I dont care about the general game thread

Get to work damnit.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I'm going full whatspeakyou retard rulesmonger rn

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
so like do certain cards carry over? like i saw some rookie premier cards and poo poo like that.....can i get 17 and run through challenges or whatever to get better cards for MUT?

also, i got the GOAT edition, what player do you think would be the best? I'm leaning toward CB or MLB....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Waroduce posted:

so like do certain cards carry over? like i saw some rookie premier cards and poo poo like that.....can i get 17 and run through challenges or whatever to get better cards for MUT?

also, i got the GOAT edition, what player do you think would be the best? I'm leaning toward CB or MLB....

Only the RP cards carry over. It is probably too late now to get any of them if you are starting from scratch, I haven't played since December but have been reading up on MUT the last few weeks, I think the sets for RP players cost like $1.4 million coins to complete, they are the only thing that has any value in '17 at this point I believe.

GOATs are only 84 overall. I think you get an elite CB and a Gronk (probably elite) after playing for like an hour, so keep that in mind, plus can get Marino from that new story mode.

• Locked thread