Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Is it bad that my first thought was 'Don't put a plant in change you dumb piece of crap that'll poison it'.

Edit: Ed Balls would know that you also have to water it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

a real chump posted:

ui could be a big rear end rock that turned into a bear tho

left axe was also hilariously broken for a long rear end time

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

a real chump posted:

ui could be a big rear end rock that turned into a bear tho

epic flail albion class

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

zegermans posted:

The only true MMO server is tranquility.

sullon zek bitches

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Tom Gorman posted:

if i say wurmy + lammy does that bring the nerds out of the woodwork

does that phrase make you

feel something in your life

wyrmslayer was the coolest looking sword and the worst piece of poo poo imaginable

hope you got 255 STA and somehow can't get a better 1hs if you want to use that crap

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Matoi Ryuko posted:

epic flail albion class

reaver?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

has literally no one else itt heard of says law :thunk:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

zegermans posted:

The only true MMO server is tranquility.

it's Real Life

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

why do they have a pic of thai baht

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
i played a level 50 on each realm but when mids god the savage, i played that until the game died.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

consumed by normies posted:

their money was all thaied up in it i reckon :shrug:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Yeah lol I remember thinking albion got the shaft in that update

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
hibernia was objectively the worst tho

cept maybe when they let lurikeen be mooses

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

a real chump posted:

i played a level 50 on each realm but when mids god the savage, i played that until the game died.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

there was actually a werewolf class in the Evil realm that was, well, it wasn't very well balanced because they were massively vulnerable to super common stuff depending on the form they took at the time

The only thing worthwhile about the class was the Guild Master's form which prettmy much belonged exclusively to a player called Broccoli who was a friend of a programmer. Then he got sick and passed on, but it was in the sequel as opposed to to the original when I played with him previously so I hadn't actually really interacted with him for years and it was quite distant and yet quite sad.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

a real chump posted:

hibernia was objectively the worst tho

cept maybe when they let lurikeen be mooses

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

there was also the disciple or we but that was late daoc and i had long quit by that point

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
im not ashamed of being a big rear end nerd

i probably should be tho

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

a real chump posted:

i probably should be tho

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I played all of this on Gamestorm

I also played a metric shitload of Air Warrior an Air Warrior 3D and have an insane amount of glowing memories of those games

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Schnorkles posted:

there was also the disciple or we but that was late daoc and i had long quit by that point

Had a friend who wouldnt shut up when they added a Heretic class.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

a real chump posted:

i probably should be tho

we're all dorks here

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

My dad's in the hospital right now getting two toes removed, because he's a smoker with diabetes, and they're going to do surgery on an artery in his neck

Tomorrow I'm finishing up making a profile for a startup funding website for my animal adoption website. The only thing I have left to do is make a demonstration video. I worked on it for a year for practice with web development and running a web server. Someone said to me "if you don't have investors, it's just a hobby. If you don't have investors and you're working alone, then the competition's just going to look at your site and copy everything you've done in seconds flat." I have a day job now working remotely for $10/hr, but I was just hoping that Silicon Valley money might come as easily as it does over in "The fall of unicorns: iThread". If no one ever looks at it when I finish the profile, I'll at least be glad to close that chapter of my life and try another website idea.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

My fluency in pre-graphical MMOs has been a flag for me being a supremely sad an opinionated person for a long, long time and I have come to terms with it

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm doing p good. I had a four hour job interview today that I aced all the interpersonal parts of but flubbed the technical parts of because I didn't really prepare for it (and even if I had prepared for it I wouldn't have known the deep details of SQL syntax). so I'm just gonna gently caress off and enjoy my weekend and not worry about what I'll hear from them next week

I kinda crave trash junk food like hot pockets but all I have here is beer

how y'all doing?

the cool thing is the technical parts don't matter because any interviewer is gonna care 500x more about the interpersonal parts than whether you've memorized stuff you can easily Google. which is what we all do anyway. your leadership doesn't know poo poo - this is a fact. mostly you'll get hired if you weren't insufferable as a person they had to interact with.

my interview for the job i currently have was a panel of dorks making me write javascript on a whiteboard with a timer and poo poo and i failed miserably but I got the job because I talked about monster hunter with the lead guy for like 20 seconds after it was over.

i'm still a lovely JS dev.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Michael Bayleaf posted:

we're all dorks here

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/883187573434327044

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Michael Bayleaf posted:

sullon zek bitches

all of the pvp servers were nuts. Every day was such a wild ride. I liked shaman and ranger because of the early game meta. having sow or snare was really nice

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
more tetris starting

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

alien hunters or alien hunters the difference is v important

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The best thing to happen in WoW is when the Game Masters of the Moonguard RP server massacred everyone in Goldshire with demons and hell fire because of all the cybering going on there.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tom Gorman posted:

the cool thing is the technical parts don't matter because any interviewer is gonna care 500x more about the interpersonal parts than whether you've memorized stuff you can easily Google. which is what we all do anyway. your leadership doesn't know poo poo - this is a fact. mostly you'll get hired if you weren't insufferable as a person they had to interact with.

my interview for the job i currently have was a panel of dorks making me write javascript on a whiteboard with a timer and poo poo and i failed miserably but I got the job because I talked about monster hunter with the lead guy for like 20 seconds after it was over.

i'm still a lovely JS dev.

god I hope this is true because I really nailed all the parts where eg they didn't ask me about abstract vs. instanced classes and I was like "uhh ..."

maybe i should have brought up overwatch more

ty for making me feel slightly better though

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

consumed by normies posted:

perhaps they are bitcoins

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

ScrubLeague posted:

more tetris starting
sgdq always seems to alternate between really sad people doing the most boring poo poo and mildly interesting people doing okay runs, and the game itself seems to have no impact on that

they need a filter on sad people

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/883188895738806272

Arizona is a white supremacist stronghold like Oregon is right

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

rudatron posted:

sgdq always seems to alternate between really sad people doing the most boring poo poo and mildly interesting people doing okay runs, and the game itself seems to have no impact on that

they need a filter on sad people

tomorrow evening is really good though

mario relay race, fusion 0/100, then super metroid low% run

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Mike Pence can't even mention Buzz Aldrin without also CUUUMMMMIIINNG :thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQuXUy6-zlY&t=25s

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

A Handed Missus posted:

Mike Pence can't even mention Buzz Aldrin without also CUUUMMMMIIINNG :thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQuXUy6-zlY&t=25s

can u imagine mike pence moaning "buzzzzzz" while a horse cums in his butt?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

a real chump posted:

i probably should be tho

Things could be much worse.

You could be a MESS, like Jeb!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

lmao at like, setting aside time to watch other people play video games

no but see this time he does mario 2 without ever using a pow block it's edge of your seat poo poo guys

• Locked thread