Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Have you checked out the PS vita headphones? They were like $10. Went up to$30 or so. Can find them in packaging on eBay for cheap tho iirc

They are really good for the price (I think I paid <$15).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders posted:

What did all those ordinary humans do to make the magic shapechanging monster thing angry anyway?

Exist

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

devil may knack

knack may cry?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looks more like Knack of War tbh

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

knackfinitive edition

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I just beat HZD, do I play Metal Gear V or Uncharted 4 next?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

E2M2 posted:

Uncharted 4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

E2M2 posted:

MGSV

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Nah, take a break between open world games. MGSV is a huge thing. Uncharted 4 is like, what a dozen hours? Less?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

play crash bandicoot

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

E2M2 posted:

Trick question. Beat it again on NG+.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Awesome! posted:

play crash bandicoot

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

E2M2 posted:

Get Crash Bandicoot instead. Thank us later.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did the price of the Vita headphones that people always recommend increase, or were people just selling them for under retail before word got around tht they were pretty decent.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I think they were like $20+ initially but dropped with the vita's popularity lol

But yeah now back up because people found out they're

I have no idea if any of that is true

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Mr President posted:

Get Crash Bandicoot instead. Thank us later.

Not that interested in crash bandicoot. Plus I already open both mgv and uc4. Don't really wanna buy more games to put in the backlog.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I bought these a few weeks ago:
https://www.amazon.com/Titanfall-Of...Btitanfall&th=1

Sound is great and mic is nice too. It also has bonus style points for being a TF2 related headset so there's that.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

E2M2 posted:

Not that interested in crash bandicoot. Plus I already open both mgv and uc4. Don't really wanna buy more games to put in the backlog.

Trade them in for Crash

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
In all seriousness uncharted 4 was last years jam and MGS5 is like a decade old, jump on the crash wagon

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

In other news:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkyforgePS4/comments/6lp0mh/anyone_got_any_more_of_that_x42/

Theres currently a event on SkyForge PS4 where the end item made your character 4200% more powerful.

The event require a lot of grind and perhaps is not attainable with normal gameplay, but only with some serious poopsocking + 60$.

And now the game company have made the item x31 times less powerful, making all the whales angry.

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jul 7, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tei posted:

In other news:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkyforgePS4/comments/6lp0mh/anyone_got_any_more_of_that_x42/

Theres currently a even on SkyForge PS4 where the end item made your character 4200% more powerful.

The event require a lot of grind and perhaps is not attainable with normal gameplay, but only with some serious poopsocking + 60$.

And now the game company have made the item x31 times less powerful, making all the whales angry.
What the hell does any of this mean?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

F2p games suck

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

F2p games suck

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

What about Paladins or that other moba where you play has a god? Then theres Warframe and Planetside, that are epic.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Paladins is a shameless and disgusting attempt to cash in on overwatch.
The other two are Ok

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Warframe is trash, my man. Not as bad trash as Skyforge though.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

I thought Planetside was rear end on the PS4?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The other two are Ok

Paladins and Battleborn seem like they started development as MOBAs until it was obvious that Overwatch was going to be the next big MP sensation and altered their trajectories midway through development to be more like that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
That's definitely not the case for Paladins, because Hi-Rez already had a MOBA at that point.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Policenaut posted:

In best to worst imo

Dark Souls
DS2/Scholar (1st place in multiplayer though)
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne
Lost Kingdoms
Lords of the Fallen

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 7, 2017

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

As F2P games go, I actually rate Let It Die, at least for the first 20 or so floors. Then it gets grindy as gently caress. You need particular materials to upgrade your weapons and armours, which is fine at first. Then they require coloured metals of which there are four types, and 4 levels (blue, green, black and red). Each boss/subboss has a chance (it feels a little south of 50% but thats just my impression) of dropping one specific metal every time you kill them. So bosses on floors 1-10 drop a specific blue metal, 11-20 drop green, 21-30 drop black, 31-40 drop red). If you kill the floor 23 miniboss and he drops metal it'll always be candle wolf black metal for example. There are chests on particular floors that have a chance of giving you a random metal of the appropriate colour or below, but they can be time consuming to reach and have a chance of dropping a half broken weapon or a schematic for something you've already unlocked. Early on levelling your gear takes a bunch of crafting junk you find on more or less any floor, and maybe 1 or two of a specific metal every other upgrade. After you upgrade a weapon to +4 the next upgrade moves it up a tier.

By the time you are trying to get your weapons to an appropriate tier for taking on floor 30 and above each level some of the weapons are asking for 2-4 of a specific black metal PER UPGRADE, so to upgrade (for example) the longsword to the red metal tier you wouid have needed a total of 8 black candle wolf metals, then you need I think 2 candle wolf red to actually make the upgrade to "actually useful above floor 30". It just gets over the top. Its a shame, because to be honest if they made a few minor changes (scaled back how much coloured metal you need for upgrades, reduced the cost of retrieving a fighter from a high floor, made the pvp raiding opt-in) then LID would actually be a game I'd happily pay for. As a free to play game those elements are super annoying.

To me, whats really odd is that until recently you couldnt even pay money to skip the grind which is what I had initially assumed made it so severe. Games been out ages but they only started directly selling packs of coloured metal about a week ago. At, I might add, a really ridiculous price point. I'm willing to throw the developer a wee bit of cash because of the amount of time I've spent on their free game, but the metal packs are just a rip off and I dont want to support that. Up til then what they mainly sold was "death metals" which could be used for a few things in game (as a continue, to speed up a timer or to expand storage) but did nothing to help the grind. I'm only one sub boss away from fighting the final boss, but to finish I'm going to need to grind for metals to make my leg armour, torso armour and helmet, plus my best weapons are sitting at the low end of competitive for the upper 30 floors, so thats more grinding if I want an easier run to the top...

Anyway, long story short, while free to play games are often terrible, the first half of LID is solid. One of the rare free games I wish wasnt free because with a better economy (of coins and time) it'd actually be something quite special, but with the ftp bullshit dragging it down not so much.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

So Knack is God of War now? Good.

Also Sony Gold chat: I've had mine since whenever Destiny came out and use them almost every day. The earmuff covering has pretty much worn through exposing the passing underneath but overall they've held up well.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I still have the gold headset. Bought it in 2014, still works pretty well. No issues. Can't complain.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

SiKboy posted:

As F2P games go, I actually rate Let It Die, at least for the first 20 or so floors. Then it gets grindy as gently caress. You need particular materials to upgrade your weapons and armours, which is fine at first. Then they require coloured metals of which there are four types, and 4 levels (blue, green, black and red). Each boss/subboss has a chance (it feels a little south of 50% but thats just my impression) of dropping one specific metal every time you kill them. So bosses on floors 1-10 drop a specific blue metal, 11-20 drop green, 21-30 drop black, 31-40 drop red). If you kill the floor 23 miniboss and he drops metal it'll always be candle wolf black metal for example. There are chests on particular floors that have a chance of giving you a random metal of the appropriate colour or below, but they can be time consuming to reach and have a chance of dropping a half broken weapon or a schematic for something you've already unlocked. Early on levelling your gear takes a bunch of crafting junk you find on more or less any floor, and maybe 1 or two of a specific metal every other upgrade. After you upgrade a weapon to +4 the next upgrade moves it up a tier.

By the time you are trying to get your weapons to an appropriate tier for taking on floor 30 and above each level some of the weapons are asking for 2-4 of a specific black metal PER UPGRADE, so to upgrade (for example) the longsword to the red metal tier you wouid have needed a total of 8 black candle wolf metals, then you need I think 2 candle wolf red to actually make the upgrade to "actually useful above floor 30". It just gets over the top. Its a shame, because to be honest if they made a few minor changes (scaled back how much coloured metal you need for upgrades, reduced the cost of retrieving a fighter from a high floor, made the pvp raiding opt-in) then LID would actually be a game I'd happily pay for. As a free to play game those elements are super annoying.

To me, whats really odd is that until recently you couldnt even pay money to skip the grind which is what I had initially assumed made it so severe. Games been out ages but they only started directly selling packs of coloured metal about a week ago. At, I might add, a really ridiculous price point. I'm willing to throw the developer a wee bit of cash because of the amount of time I've spent on their free game, but the metal packs are just a rip off and I dont want to support that. Up til then what they mainly sold was "death metals" which could be used for a few things in game (as a continue, to speed up a timer or to expand storage) but did nothing to help the grind. I'm only one sub boss away from fighting the final boss, but to finish I'm going to need to grind for metals to make my leg armour, torso armour and helmet, plus my best weapons are sitting at the low end of competitive for the upper 30 floors, so thats more grinding if I want an easier run to the top...

Anyway, long story short, while free to play games are often terrible, the first half of LID is solid. One of the rare free games I wish wasnt free because with a better economy (of coins and time) it'd actually be something quite special, but with the ftp bullshit dragging it down not so much.

I played LiD for a couple weeks on launch, I would absolutely without shame pay $60 for it if it was just a Souls style game.
They really need to release a box set of the soundtrack, which is really the best part of the game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mootallica posted:

I thought Planetside was rear end on the PS4?

Planetside 2 work well in the PS4. No slowdown or anything.

The problem of Planetside 2 is that the community pushed for lanes, and that create huge zergs that the netcode can't handle. So they have setup a overzealout optimization where you can only see if they are almost in your face. People have stupid opinions. Thats the problem of Planetside 2. At release it was possible to have small, medium and huge battles. But after the lane system everything was zerg vs zerg, or zerg vs small groups.

I loved to backcap bases and render zergs useless.

I mean, I love a good zerg like any serius PS2 player, but not all the time, not everywhere.

Planetside 2 also have bipolar disorder. The design team kind of made some awesome design, but others looks goofy. So sometimes Planetside is the prettier game for your PS4, and sometimes it look butt rear end.

I loved the game and played a long time with a group of people. But one day I kind of stopped playing. Did not liked some of the things, and I have already played Planetside more than 1200 hours, so is kind of enough already.

Liver Disaster posted:

I played LiD for a couple weeks on launch, I would absolutely without shame pay $60 for it if it was just a Souls style game.
They really need to release a box set of the soundtrack, which is really the best part of the game.

I like LiD. I only have played the first 4 levels or something, but is relaxing to me to go around, breaking tubes on monsters faces. Is well done that way. Very chilling game. I have no idea how it feels in normal levels. Kind of different game how I play it.

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 7, 2017

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Everyone here was despairing about the difficulty of Road to Nowhere in Crash 1 but to be honest the real wall was Native Fortress. I lost countless lives on that level but only died like twice on Road to Nowhere. In general I think Crash 1 has an uneven difficulty curve, a lot of the later levels are fairly easy with the occasional extremely difficult level (The High Road lived up to expectations). A big factor is that the hitboxes for the turtles are very, very unforgiving.

Having said that, I think the difficulty in Crash 1 is fairer then what I've encountered in Crash 2 so far. I'm about halfway through Crash 2, but every 'run towards the camera' level has had way more trial and error unavoidable deaths compared to crash 1. So far in these levels in Crash 2 I have seen jumps where you have to change direction midflight with no warning, boost pads that direct you straight into enemies, and jumps that direct you into electricity walls with little time to react. In Crash 1, the 2 boulder levels always gave you enough time to react. Also the polar bear riding levels have this weird thing where it redirects you based on the curvature of the level path, making it easy to oversteer into an obstacle.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Tei posted:

I like LiD. I only have played the first 4 levels or something, but is relaxing to me to go around, breaking tubes on monsters faces. Is well done that way. Very chilling game. I have no idea how it feels in normal levels. Kind of different game how I play it.

Probably the best f2p game out there... until you get to the top ten floors or so. The grind is real. The gameplay until that point is really fun.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Weird Sandwich posted:

Everyone here was despairing about the difficulty of Road to Nowhere in Crash 1 but to be honest the real wall was Native Fortress. I lost countless lives on that level but only died like twice on Road to Nowhere. In general I think Crash 1 has an uneven difficulty curve, a lot of the later levels are fairly easy with the occasional extremely difficult level (The High Road lived up to expectations). A big factor is that the hitboxes for the turtles are very, very unforgiving.

Having said that, I think the difficulty in Crash 1 is fairer then what I've encountered in Crash 2 so far. I'm about halfway through Crash 2, but every 'run towards the camera' level has had way more trial and error unavoidable deaths compared to crash 1. So far in these levels in Crash 2 I have seen jumps where you have to change direction midflight with no warning, boost pads that direct you straight into enemies, and jumps that direct you into electricity walls with little time to react. In Crash 1, the 2 boulder levels always gave you enough time to react. Also the polar bear riding levels have this weird thing where it redirects you based on the curvature of the level path, making it easy to oversteer into an obstacle.

Crash 2 at least tosses extra lives at you like candy, and most of the trickier parts are sole gotcha moments amidst regular obstacles. You're also wrong about the Bear/Boulder levels, because those are very lenient about your tapping mines or getting slowed down in general. Nevermind the boost pads. Crash 1 also had you jumping blind across multiple narrow pillars.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The other two are Ok

Paladins was in development at roughly the same time as overwatch and some of the similar characters and abilities showed up in Paladins first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
I'm glad someone else is feeling like crash 2 is harder than 1. I pretty much breezed through 1 with some road blocks, but I'm on the 4th floor of 2 and haven't been this close to throwing a controller ever.