Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
I think Ancient Evils is fine, it just should never be combined with Cultists or other sets which can add a similar amount of doom in one encounter draw phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Prairie Bus posted:

Re: train scenario, I wonder if more players makes it more difficult than normal. I've played it with two and three players and that extra encounter card each time can really hurt given how quickly the agendas advance and all the cultists and doom nonsense.

My roommate just found out that we made it way more difficult on ourselves because we've been playing under the assumption that when the agenda advances from Doom the only Doom tokens that clear are the ones on the agenda itself but tokens on other cards (monsters, spells, etc) stay there forever :downs:

Arvid
Oct 9, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

My roommate just found out that we made it way more difficult on ourselves because we've been playing under the assumption that when the agenda advances from Doom the only Doom tokens that clear are the ones on the agenda itself but tokens on other cards (monsters, spells, etc) stay there forever :downs:

We made this error as well, made things quite a bit harder. We also thought the agenda deck advanced immediately after the doom threshold was reached, this only happens if an effect specifially says so, so you do actually have some time to reduce doom by killing cultists and such in some cases.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/6/29/the-secrets-of-time-and-space/

Nice lil Rogues boost.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Would work nicely with Chance Encounter too.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

There's some serious power coming out in the next pack (and if anyone's done the 5th mission, you'll likely agree it's well deserved).

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
So the Red Gloved man is LoTR's Gandalf?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

So the Red Gloved man is LoTR's Gandalf?

While being a bit less ubiquitous​ due to the whole experience cost.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I'm still trying to get a copy of Miskatonic Museum, anyone have a hook up?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm still trying to get a copy of Miskatonic Museum, anyone have a hook up?

Just keep an eye out, the reprint just moved into "shipping now"

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

When you add a Story Asset to a deck, does it stay with the investigator's deck for the rest of the campaign or can you switch it between Scenarios? We just finished Blood on the Altar and there's one Asset that we can't decide who should use it.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
It will stay with that character.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What's the purpose of Exceptional keyword cards being double the price to purchase? Is this just so that cards can cost 6-10 points in the future?

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

They cost 2x, but count 1x for purposes of deckbuilding level restrictions.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ahh duh. I've been looking over the rules for deckbuilding level restrictions in the rules when it's actually on the player cards. Thanks!

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
2 new Seeker cards revealed, an ally who allows you to redraw an encounter card by dropping a clue (seems like a waste of the Ally slot, except that he costs 1 and has 2 health, 2 sanity), and a 5-XP-cost card that can reveal 1 clue from all locations in play. Huh.

bobvonunheil fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 7, 2017

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Dr. William T. Maleson would be decent in a Roland deck. Draw a Treachery, drop a clue, redraw into an Enemy, then kill the enemy and pick your clue back up.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
He's also really good at helping Daisy not die. More hitpoints and cancelling the treachery effects that threaten 3 physical damage. The opportunity cost is rather large, ofcourse. But I don't think Milan Christopher is the no-brainer in Daisy he is in Rex.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Yeah, Maleson is pretty great. I'd actually like him in Rex too, as the clue cost is essentially negated whenever you're standing in a place with odd number of clues.

I'm also thinking of some possible jank with regards to Deciphered Reality. The obvious use is to keep last clue in each location on big scenarios, to scoop up later with the card, but I'm wondering about possibly abusing it for solo play. As in, with one investigator there's a lot of locations holding only one clue, so you could zip around (hello, in-faction Pathfinder) and then gather everything in bulk.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So I'm looking to sell off my Arkham Horror Card Game. Everything has been played only once. I have:

1x Core box
1x Dunwich Legacy Box
1x Miskatonic Museum
1x Essex County Express
1x Curse of the Rogarou
1x Carnivale of Horrors

Would like to sell everything together. Send me a PM if interested.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Anyone tried Dark Horse on a standard low cost Ashcan deck?

One extra attack when spending resources on the axe seems nice

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Can anyone give some feedback on this Zoey deck?

Zoey Samaras
Packs: Core Set (2)
Assets
2x .45 Automatic (Core Set)
2x Beat Cop (Core Set)
1x First Aid (Core Set)
2x Machete (Core Set)
1x Zoey's Cross (The Dunwich Legacy)
1x Liquid Courage (The Dunwich Legacy)
1x Kukri (The Dunwich Legacy)

Events
2x Evidence! (Core Set)
2x Dodge (Core Set)
1x Dynamite Blast (Core Set)
2x Drawn to the Flame (Core Set)
2x Emergency Cache (Core Set)
2x Taunt (The Dunwich Legacy)
2x Shortcut (The Dunwich Legacy)

Skills
2x Vicious Blow (Core Set)
2x Guts (Core Set)
2x Overpower (Core Set)
2x Unexpected Courage (Core Set)

Treacherys
1x Random Basic Weakness (Core Set)
1x Smite the Wicked (The Dunwich Legacy)

It's paired up with a Daisy deck and supposed to keep stuff off her while doing some very light clue finding. We got stomped in the first adventure of Dunwich but a big part of that was both of us drawing weaknesses second turn and the Janitor being literally the last card of the encounter deck.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Fat Samurai posted:

No but it looks dreamy. Probably just need some reliable way of flushing resources on investigate checks as well

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Scrapper and/or Keen eye?

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

Check this out: if you splash Forbidden Knowledge in, you can pop it after using the axe, tank the horror with Peter Sylvestre and take another pumped-up swing with it.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Are you folks ever able to pull off these combos? Granted I haven't played anything but solo for a while, but I never feel like I have the time to try to assemble combos and need to just keep moving forward.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

Radish posted:

Can anyone give some feedback on this Zoey deck?

Zoey Samaras
Packs: Core Set (2)
Assets
2x Beat Cop (Core Set)
1x First Aid (Core Set)
2x Machete (Core Set)
1x Kukri (The Dunwich Legacy)

Events
2x Evidence! (Core Set)
2x Dodge (Core Set)
1x Dynamite Blast (Core Set)
2x Emergency Cache (Core Set)
2x Taunt (The Dunwich Legacy)
2x Shortcut (The Dunwich Legacy)

Skills
2x Guts (Core Set)
2x Overpower (Core Set)

Treacherys

It's paired up with a Daisy deck and supposed to keep stuff off her while doing some very light clue finding. We got stomped in the first adventure of Dunwich but a big part of that was both of us drawing weaknesses second turn and the Janitor being literally the last card of the encounter deck.

My wife and I are playing a Dunwich game with Daisy/Zoey! Your deck is very similar to ours but we left Shortcut in Daisy's deck so we could make room for Rite of Seeking to help Zoey hoover up the low-Shroud locations as she has such a good base willpower.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

bobvonunheil posted:

My wife and I are playing a Dunwich game with Daisy/Zoey! Your deck is very similar to ours but we left Shortcut in Daisy's deck so we could make room for Rite of Seeking to help Zoey hoover up the low-Shroud locations as she has such a good base willpower.

That's a great idea with Rite of Seeking, thanks! Shortcut being in Daisy's deck might be ok since as long as someone is getting to Zoey or vice versa the effect should be largely the same. Do you think having that, Evidence, and Drawn to the Flame is too much or is that what you need to succeed since at the end clues are what pushes the game along?

Zerf
Dec 17, 2004

I miss you, sandman
Do you really want Taunt in that deck? Me and my SO are playing Zoey/Rex, and it was something we cut from an existing deck, since with 2 players only, I think the card does too little.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I have it to save activations and in case Daisy got swarmed somehow but I have no idea how important that is in actual game play. What did you end up cutting it for?

Zerf
Dec 17, 2004

I miss you, sandman

Radish posted:

I have it to save activations and in case Daisy got swarmed somehow but I have no idea how important that is in actual game play. What did you end up cutting it for?

Don't know exacly which cards that replaced it, but here's the list (we did some last-minute swaps, maybe one Dynamite for another Prepared for the worst?):

Zoey Samaras, Pair With Rex [Dunwich]

Zoey Samaras
Packs: From Core Set (2) to Undimensioned and Unseen
Assets
2x Physical Training (Core Set)
2x Beat Cop (Core Set)
2x Machete (Core Set)

Events
2x Evidence! (Core Set)
2x Dodge (Core Set)
2x Dynamite Blast (Core Set)
1x Prepared for the Worst (Blood on the Altar)
2x "If it bleeds..." (Undimensioned and Unseen)

Skills
2x Guts (Core Set)
2x Overpower (Core Set)
2x Quick Thinking (Undimensioned and Unseen)

Treacherys

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
In my experience with two player, taunt is often a dead card but when it does come up it can be absolutely vital.

When we finally switched it out for something else it would have prevented us from losing the very next mission we went on if we had it instead of the new card.

Both aloof and the machete's requirement to engage enemies for bonus damage make it important.

It's also practically free to play with Zoey.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
New rundown on two of the characters in Path to Carcosa

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Are character cards considered cards for gameplay purposes? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but given FFG history and things like ID cards in Netrunner not counting as cards I want to clarify.

Edit: Also the writers don't remember how Direct Damage works when pointing out the interaction between Sophia (In Loving Memory) and True Grit.

PJOmega fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 18, 2017

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

PJOmega posted:

Are character cards considered cards for gameplay purposes? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but given FFG history and things like ID cards in Netrunner not counting as cards I want to clarify.

Like for the purpose of the new Guardian's ability? Yeah, it counts as a card. The article talks about him taking damage himself to trigger his ability. Also the RR has several references to the Investigator Card being under your control or being a player card. (See: Activate Actions, Clues, and Appendix IV.)

PJOmega posted:

Edit: Also the writers don't remember how Direct Damage works when pointing out the interaction between Sophia (In Loving Memory) and True Grit.

Yeah, that was pretty jarring. I think they just meant to convey that it functionally gives you +3 health, but it reads dead wrong.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm playing in a campaign with Rex, Skids and Daisy (Rex focusing on clues, Daisy focusing on support with books) and Daisy managed to identify the Strange Solution.

Does that mean that both Daisy and Rex can now upgrade their Strange Solutions, or is it restricted to just Daisy and Rex has to do it too if he wants access to the upgraded versions?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Hmm, I love playing super aggro decks in LotR, but I'm trying to figure out who could pair well with Mark Harrigan.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Hmm, I love playing super aggro decks in LotR, but I'm trying to figure out who could pair well with Mark Harrigan.

Daisy with medical texts. Jim trumpeting horror away.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Fat Samurai posted:

Ok, tried this yesterday and steamrolled everything up to the train, although I was pretty lucky a couple of times and my mulligans went almost perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Stymie posted:

I'm playing in a campaign with Rex, Skids and Daisy (Rex focusing on clues, Daisy focusing on support with books) and Daisy managed to identify the Strange Solution.

Does that mean that both Daisy and Rex can now upgrade their Strange Solutions, or is it restricted to just Daisy and Rex has to do it too if he wants access to the upgraded versions?

Since your investigators can share knowledge from a thematic standpoint, I would imagine they could swap notes about the strange solution and both upgrade however they wish.