Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Cardiac posted:

So Animals and Antichrist.
I can live with that, although the pure aggressiveness of Antichrist is probably impossible to do again.
Animals have more in common with his later works.
Not that it matters, I'll buy the record regardless.

Oh come the gently caress on. They have said that every album since Mechanical animals was 'ACSS' and everything since Eat me Drink me has been a mix of ACSS and Mechanical animals.

The only thing that would actually be a surprise at this point is if it was a good album, which it definitely wont be, because this washed up piece of poo poo has a habit of burning every bridge with any talented musician he works with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Laserface posted:

The only thing that would actually be a surprise at this point is if it was a good album, which it definitely wont be, because this washed up piece of poo poo has a habit of burning every bridge with any talented musician he works with.

Unfortunately true.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Laserface posted:

...what about Tyler Bates? The Pale Emperor is easily the best album Manson put out since Holywood. He's involved in the upcoming album as well.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Arma-goddamn-motherfucking-geddon" was pretty good for being the sixth or seventh time he did the same song.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Did Reznor ever un-lose the master tapes to Antichrist Superstar?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Did Reznor ever un-lose the master tapes to Antichrist Superstar?

Wasn't that when he the studio in NOLA? Didn't Katrina gently caress up that studio

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Wikipedia says no, Katrina didn't really do much to it.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I believe he allegedly erased them out of spite, not just lost them. Seems lovely but knowing how Manson treats people he works with I guess it's hard to say whether it's justified.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
This chat made me find the demo takes from that album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihljts-MzpQ

Really cool stuff. The demos are more quirky and are pretty awesome.

Edit - also found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJHfAHmevI4

Songs are all slightly different, its interesting to hear.

henpod fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 6, 2017

thefunkygibbon
Jul 23, 2002

henpod posted:

thanks for this. i'm only up to the 2nd track right now and It's amazing that this was transformed into ACSS that we know and love. It is very similar to Smells like Children. It really did turn them into something else. I remember seeing them live in '97 when they were touring ACSS and even the live show was amazing in terms of quality etc.

Shame they've gone downhill since Mechanical Animals IMO :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

henpod posted:

As much as I love ACSS this is actually much better.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I think the demos are great. Minute of Decay is better.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The demos ironically remind me of Gub era Pigface at times.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I've always dug Smells Like Children over Kinderfeld. I had a bootleg of them playing it live in the mid 90s.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Yeah, the title track from that ACS is so cool. Weird as hell.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TOOT BOOT posted:

I've always dug Smells Like Children over Kinderfeld. I had a bootleg of them playing it live in the mid 90s.

The only time I've seen Manson live was a few shows in 94/95 cause I used to live in Florida. Pre makeup even. Fantastic shows.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

https://twitter.com/marilynmanson/status/883475462550433792

Breaking News: The album has been delayed so Manson can write commemorative songs about his father.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

Calling all girls of the opposite sex
N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 27, 2018

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Manson's dad was a cool dude. Back in the 90s he used to walk around the lobby at shows and sign autographs and chat with people that recognized him.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Didn't his dad carry a picture of Twiggy's dick in his wallet or something? He was allegedly very cool.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I met Twiggy's wife while playing Pokemon Go. She pretty.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Putting my bet on an awkward memorial cover of "Spirit in the Sky".

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

U.S. fall tour dates announced:

9/27 - Silver Spring, MD - The Fillmore Silver Spring
9/29 - Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE
9/30 - New York, NY - Hammerstein Ballroom
10/2 - Boston, MA - House of Blues - Boston
10/3 - Huntington, NY - The Paramount
10/5 - Toronto, ON - Rebel
10/8 - Columbus, OH - Express Live!
10/10 - Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre
10/11 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom
10/17 - Tulsa, OK - Brady Theater
10/19 - Denver, CO - Fillmore Auditorium
10/20 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex
10/23 - Oakland, CA - Fox Theater
10/27 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues - Las Vegas
10/28 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues - Las Vegas

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Manson tour dates never make sense. Los Angeles gets skipped often.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

tour dates announced and still no album info lmfao

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Happy Portrait of an American Family day from Daisy Berkowitz, who hasn't changed a bit!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Good to see he's still around. I know he had cancer a few years back. I think he was the reason that first album is so unique and awesome. After he left, Manson tried making everything serious business and the fun and humor disappeared from the band.

Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

New songs played live:

Revelation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDpOuFYlF_8

SAY10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHVYvx4kmA8

WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4ff8bI7fxE

Sounds alright. But I wish he had released the album before tour.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I was just watching an old 1996 concert on youtube, and the strangeness of transitioning from the awesome powerful rear end kicking of tourniquet into slowly making love to the stage and singing "my monkey" is something magical.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Platypus Farm posted:

I was just watching an old 1996 concert on youtube, and the strangeness of transitioning from the awesome powerful rear end kicking of tourniquet into slowly making love to the stage and singing "my monkey" is something magical.

He was a hell of a performer back in those days. The two shows I saw around the SLC release are still two of the best performances I've ever seen.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I've seen him maybe 5ish times, but not since the Guns, God, and Government tour. His shows used to be top notch spectacles. Now I feel like I'd be embarrassed for him.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
It really just sounds like his voice is failing him now, the songs themselves sound great and I can't wait to hear the album versions but loving hell.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Bang3r posted:

It really just sounds like his voice is failing him now, the songs themselves sound great and I can't wait to hear the album versions but loving hell.

Well his body is basically a wasteland also. His voice is shot, but it was always sorta shot. Now he's reaping the effects of like 30 years of heavy drug and alcohol use and a diet that (IIRC from interviews) used to mostly consist of gummy bears and Yoohoo. Dude's just a mess. One tour he'll look healthier and perform better, and then he'll have three in a row where I'm half convinced he's just going to keel over.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Pretty sure I have a magazine packed away somewhere from the mid 90s where Manson says if you ever become an addict you should just kill yourself or something like that. Maybe he was just salty from having to kick their bassist out of the band right before they went on tour, but its still ironic.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
He always despised addicts, yet has been a coke freak for like 25 years.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

The new song "Stigmata" (from the Atomic Blonde soundtrack) is straight-up Big Black worship. Anyone who's been wishing MM would get back to their root / the "Spooky Kids sound" should get a lot of hope from it.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

Calling all girls of the opposite sex
N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 27, 2018

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

My Twitter Account posted:

The new song "Stigmata" (from the Atomic Blonde soundtrack) is straight-up Big Black worship. Anyone who's been wishing MM would get back to their root / the "Spooky Kids sound" should get a lot of hope from it.

It's a Ministry cover, and not a very good one.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Molestationary Store posted:

It's a Ministry cover, and not a very good one.

if someone had told me it was just a remastered version of the original i would have believed them. low effort brian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

My Twitter Account posted:

Lol, it's a horrible cover.

• Locked thread