Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol Williams are putting it about that stroll's engine d rated on the straight at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If you are thinking about watching FP1 then be aware that nothing much happened, but FOM are back to doing the camera work this race and it's been outstanding. The practice start footage right at the end of the session is really really worth watching because it was cool as all hell.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

learnincurve posted:

If you are thinking about watching FP1 then be aware that nothing much happened, but FOM are back to doing the camera work this race and it's been outstanding. The practice start footage right at the end of the session is really really worth watching because it was cool as all hell.

How often do FOM do it? I thought it was always the hosts that did it?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Thought FOM do it most races except in a couple of places

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Brainwrong posted:

How often do FOM do it? I thought it was always the hosts that did it?

FOM do most of them now, they don't do Russia and Bacu because of security, not sure about Bahrain and China. You can really tell the difference when you are watching it, especially when we had the German's film their own GPs because it was 90% Germans on screen regardless of what was going on in the race.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

learnincurve posted:

They seemed to use FP1 to practice a bunch of camera techniques.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Lord Crapulus posted:

Posting pictures of Max's face should be a bannable offense.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Max is a good lad and here's hoping his car stays in one piece this weekend.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Khablam posted:

Max is a good lad and here's hoping his car stays in one piece, on fire, with Jos behind the wheel this weekend.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Dudley posted:

Having watched the 1987 video are there any overlayed track maps of old and new Austria-Ring? I recognise some parts from the current circuit.

http://racingcircuits.info/europe/austria/red-bull-ring-a-1-ring-osterrichring.html#.WV9z2d3TXJA

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Missed FP1, is this year, the year that they are using more of the old track? Or is that still coming?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Awww that pit lane exit camera angle is fuckin' sweet. It looks like they are about to drive out through your TV.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So Mercedes is the better car now, that sucks

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
? .152 difference between Lewis in P1 and Seb in P3.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
As always Palmer's car is the first casualty of a race weekend.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Holy poo poo shut up Ted nobody cares.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

learnincurve posted:

Vettel is fastest and Bottas car died so maybe im wrong. SAD!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bottas beached it. I liked the sound his engine made when he tried to rev out of it.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Merc's haven't gotten rid of their sandbags. I predict 1 second + gap in quali

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/F1/status/883302605027409920

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
A brief summery of the FP sessions so far is: They have got no grip, and the Kerbs are destroying their floors.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

I'd like to troll Nando

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Phwoar lads, how's that new Stage 3 engine in Nando's car?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thoughts on this upcoming press conference they are prattling on about? Mercedes, McLaren and Honda.....

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

learnincurve posted:

FOM do most of them now, they don't do Russia and Bacu because of security, not sure about Bahrain and China. You can really tell the difference when you are watching it, especially when we had the German's film their own GPs because it was 90% Germans on screen regardless of what was going on in the race.

Pretty sure Abu Dhabi do their own too, given how often they linger on a shot of the roof of FERRARI WORLD instead of.. you know... actual on track action.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So Sainz is not very good, right?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

Phwoar lads, how's that new Stage 3 engine in Nando's car?

I mean, they're only 1.2 seconds off the pace on a pseudo-power circuit, which is huge if that continues through to qualifying. It's still leaking oil though lmbo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

So Sainz is not very good, right?

He's melting down like wicka this season.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I mean, they're only 1.2 seconds off the pace on a pseudo-power circuit, which is huge if that continues through to qualifying. It's still leaking oil though lmbo

Does the FIA ban on burning oil for fuel extend to leaking it out the back and igniting it with sparks from the undertray?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

lmbo the loving sky commentary crew doesn't even understand how these engines work.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm getting into FP2 late this AM but in my expert opinion the massive jump in power to the Stage 3 engine is what caused the floor to break. Far too much power. I'm also lmbo at the oil smoke

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

My arse, I am laughing it off.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

I'm getting into FP2 late this AM but in my expert opinion the massive jump in power to the Stage 3 engine is what caused the floor to break. Far too much power. I'm also lmbo at the oil smoke

Pwhoar, Nando P2 in qualifying. Vandorne P12 or something.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

HJB posted:

My arse buttocks, I am laughing it off.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The briitish media and sky f1 are a DISGRACE!. SAD!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

HJB posted:

My arse, I am laughing it off.

BBC's F1 section is like circlejerk in an echo chamber where all you can hear is that loving twee mid-Atlantic accent being spoken by a guy from Hertfordshire.

And I swear to christ I'm not imagining the forced accent either. The hair has come full circle over the last 10 years though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZeONeOWHjA

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

The circuit is only 2/3 as long as most other tracks though.

DoctorGonzo posted:

The briitish media and sky f1 are a DISGRACE!. SAD!

I only trust Lewis' Snapchat to provide me with fair and unbiased news.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kvyat grosjeaned his brakes, drat.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

BBC's F1 section is like circlejerk in an echo chamber where all you can hear is that loving twee mid-Atlantic accent being spoken by a guy from Hertfordshire.

And I swear to christ I'm not imagining the forced accent either. The hair has come full circle over the last 10 years though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZeONeOWHjA

That's not even close to the worst his hair looked in 2006 iirc. Silverstone was the low point I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

And not to be left out, was talking to a guy at the kart track who though Stroll was doing very good and upset at all the negative attitude towards him.

• Locked thread