Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

you look like a puerto rican whore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://detroitintheseventies.ytmnd.com/

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

I think the mob existed in the 70s.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Tthe sentences at that time for small timers were more towards "slap on the wrist" instead of the modern "kick in the dick". There was a case of youngsters turning drug smugglers from Florida bringing stuff in literally by the boatloads and they got something like 5 years in med-sec.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Also I feel like it'd be much harder to dissappear someone that famous

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

...and the pitch! posted:

He's very personable and funny.

And a convicted coke dealer. Probably a coincidence.

Agreed. Dude's very entertaining.

Marenghi posted:

Conservative shithead who got busted trying buy a massive amount of coke. And got off cause he ratted on all his compatriots.

Kinda funny how that first part works out. The second part I was unaware of.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always forget that tim allen and mike rowe are separate entities.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Ive never heard anything bad about Bea Arthur and the Golden Girls is amazing.

I'm gonna put up Roseanne for "Tier 1 90's Sitcom". It's the most realistic portrayal of lower-middle class families because the kids are lovely twerps who all live at home with their boyfriends and the house looks like warm cluttered poo poo but the writing is snappy and the characters are all earthy and funny and grumpy.

It's got this weird warm palette and the only other show I can think of that shared it is maybe Family Matters.

Roseanne is considered a landmark sitcom by many, because it was the first show to do several things with the genre. It's some sort of Citizen Kane, except for modern sitcoms. I've always found it a tad too depressing, which you don't really want out of a sitcom, but it does mean they captured the essence of the lower rung family. I think a lot of the writers went on to become involved with a lot of really popular shows later, though I could be mistaken about that.

I always enjoyed Home Improvement when I was younger, and a more recent return was enjoyable as well, though it's certainly a mid-90s family sitcom, and as such is a little too sappy and "after school special about drugs" these days. Tim Allen was great in that, and most of the movies he was in up until recently, when he started swinging harder into conservatism and that trash Last Man Standing show.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
One thing I'm really liking is how close and brotherly Frasier and Niles are.

They even take all the inevitable 'haha you dorks are always hanging out together' jabs in stride. Warms my heart. :3:

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

Thunder Bear posted:

One thing I'm really liking is how close and brotherly Frasier and Niles are.

They even take all the inevitable 'haha you dorks are always hanging out together' jabs in stride. Warms my heart. :3:

They are compadres, amigos, hermanos. And you always know that, "if you get one, you get that other one."

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
it's a pretty good show OP

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Still Fluxing posted:

They are compadres, amigos, hermanos. And you always know that, "if you get one, you get that other one."

Frankly, I find the whole thing a little....

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Frankly, I find the whole thing a little....

What?! Charming?!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Police Automaton posted:

I liked home improvement

same

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Still Fluxing posted:

What?! Charming?!

WHY DONT WE GET ON A BICYCLE BUILT FOR TWO AND RIDE OVER THERE AND ASK THEM WHAT THEY THINK IS STRANGE ABOUT US

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can't upload multiple images from the app. Gimme a sec..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hahaha I was waiting for that to get posted here

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

obeyasia posted:

I can't upload multiple images from the app. Gimme a sec..

The SA app can post pics? (I'm on iOS)

I've been annoyed since the imgur app makes it really difficult to grab a direct link to an image.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Still Fluxing posted:

They're adorable. Mostly Niles.

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!
Oh you are SO "That Other One"!!!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

oh yeah I always forget that the doctor is the butler from The Nanny

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

They're adorable. Mostly Niles.

I had a hopeless crush on Niles when I was fourteen. Because he *is* adorable.

naem
May 29, 2011

maskenfreiheit posted:

The SA app can post pics? (I'm on iOS)

I've been annoyed since the imgur app makes it really difficult to grab a direct link to an image.

In the Imgur app ust click and hold on the image for like two secs, then select copy link from the options that pop up

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Still Fluxing posted:

I had a hopeless crush on Niles when I was fourteen. Because he *is* adorable.

He's probably the best guy on the show.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

He's probably the best guy on the show.

Or Eddie

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
S05 E07 that woman trying to return frasiers gift to roz for him is hysterical

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax

But I don't know what to do with those tossed Eccojams and scrambled a e s t h e t i c s

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

welcome back to harsh noise with dr frasier crane

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I don't get it but I like it

Meanwhile, I can't have the thought "I don't know why" without hearing it in Daphne's voice

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I'm powering through the last two seasons now in case Netflix takes them away like they took away Futurama ;_;

also some guy just assumed roz was Niles post sex change :hmbol:

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 7, 2017

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Kelp Me! posted:

oh yeah I always forget that the doctor is the butler from The Nanny

Niles?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

friendo posted:

But I don't know what to do with those tossed Eccojams and scrambled a e s t h e t i c s

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

F U C K Y E S

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

maskenfreiheit posted:

I'm powering through the last two seasons now in case Netflix takes them away like they took away Futurama ;_;

also some guy just assumed roz was Niles post sex change :hmbol:

That's the episode where the old family friend comes back and Martin wonders if he's really Frasier and Niles' biological father. One of the best later ones.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Frasier made bank working in private practice in Boston and he parleyed that into some high risk high yield investments which, even after a costly divorce, he was able to live comfortably off, combined with his various income streams from being a locally famous radio psychiatrist in Seattle, up till whenever the plot of the show needed him to need money.

Knowing this timeline helped me get laid by winning at trivia. The question tried to trick us: "This long-running sitcom featured a psychiatrist; a married Dr. Crane." I'm not quite remembering the question, but it was designed to trick you into answering "Fraiser" with the details unless you keyed into the 'married' part.

There were only a couple other teams that got it right and we ended up winning a few bar coupons, which I used to buy our group more drinks and a bunch of snacks and it made my date go very well.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

That's the episode where the old family friend comes back and Martin wonders if he's really Frasier and Niles' biological father. One of the best later ones.

But then it turns out he's gay, so Martin knows they're really his. A good episode.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Does anyone know how to tell when Netflix will yank a show down? I've got mild PTSD Futurama was taken from me, and I love those Crane boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

F U C K Y E S

ᖴ Γ ᐱ Ƨ I Ξ Γ Ш ᐱ ᐯ Ξ