Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
no its perfectly reasonable and obvious that everyone whos successful should pay for me to do nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

all of the worst ideas America has ever had came from people with Ivy League backgrounds and rich families

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Taintrunner posted:

all of the worst ideas America has ever had came from people with Ivy League backgrounds and rich families

When Chapo interviewed Matt Karp about his Southern Empire book, a quote that always sticks with me is something along the lines of "some of the worst evils in the world came from middlebrows who were the only guy in a room that read books."

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Accretionist posted:

Maddow reports on Trump-Russia disinformation fed to their tip line, has appearance of intending to discredit Trump-Russia story and media/journalism.

The disinformation is a fabricated NSA report implicating a Trump official in Russian electoral interference.

Most interesting detail: It appears to have been produced from the leaked NSA report published by The Intercept before The Intercept published it. Who produced this that they had early access to that report?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO9NvXNdA20

That's a hell of a report. Who would be sending around a fake document like this?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Kind of disappointed it didn't come from us; I thought we had cornered the 9/11 photoshop memes market.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

theflyingexecutive posted:

ummm you're supposed to put every third K backwards to avoid this

backwards K is for a strikeout looking (instead of swinging) u dummy

ther was a tweet that was something along the lines of "the collective sigh of relief when the pitcher gets a fourth strikeout" but i cant find it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

MizPiz posted:

Kind of disappointed it didn't come from us; I thought we had cornered the 9/11 photoshop memes market.

We make something and then 4chan steals it and give it a nazi connotation. The circle of memes.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

We make something and then 4chan steals it and give it a nazi connotation. The circle of memes.

So this is what cultural appropriation feels like!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol gently caress off hamprince

the phrasing is awkward but she's not wrong

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

an actual dog posted:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/SimonNRicketts/...%3D1264%23pti15

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
https://twitter.com/SarahPalinUSA/status/883271897605185536

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Holy :lol:

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Honestly can't tell if she just doesn't know and this is a horrible mistake or if it's the best dogwhistle in recent history

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this has GOT to be a deliberate dogwhistle

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Honestly can't tell if she just doesn't know and this is a horrible mistake or if it's the best dogwhistle in recent history

It's deliberate. Trump didn't have any quotable fourteen word lines and white supremacists are very much into 14s and 88s.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

You might be in the gutter, but you are dreaming of loving the stars

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Accretionist posted:

It's deliberate. Trump didn't have any quotable fourteen word lines and white supremacists are very much into 14s and 88s.

I'm coming around to it being less a dogwhistle and more a dog1812overture with dogcannons playing over a stack of commercial dogloudspeakers

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/VP/status/883408914196332544

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

please photoshop this so his hand is up a horses butt

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

bump_fn posted:

please photoshop this so his hand is up a horses butt

just made a photoshop thread, first thing im doing when i get off work

edit:

walgreenslatino posted:

alright who cares if I get fired

edit:

walgreenslatino has issued a correction as of 21:44 on Jul 7, 2017

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I apoligize if this is old news, but this twitter feed owns.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

an actual dog posted:

lmao

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

there's no limit to the willingness of terrible posters to agree with terrible takes when i post them itt

like i could post a screenshot from /pol/ and an actual dog would burst into the thread and be like "gently caress off hamprince. obviously black people don't have spleens. idiot"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

maybe we should help the poor first, just a thought!

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

there's no limit to the willingness of terrible posters to agree with terrible takes when i post them itt

like i could post a screenshot from /pol/ and an actual dog would burst into the thread and be like "gently caress off hamprince. obviously black people don't have spleens. idiot"

Have you ever seen a black person's spleen?

tahts what i thought

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

the actual horseshoe theory is that you can get so communisty that you cross over into libertarianism because poor people obviously don't need roads

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

hmm, maybe if there were less poor people then we could have more roads

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
public infrastructure is clearly a waste of money after all herbert hoover invented homeless shanty towns

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
poors don't need to get food delivered anyway, they can just grow their own. they don't need to get their packages delivered by amazon prime on a road, they can pick them up at an Amazon locker, or use a drone.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

poors don't need to get food delivered anyway, they can just grow their own. they don't need to get their packages delivered by amazon prime on a road, they can pick them up at an Amazon locker, or use a drone.

white ones, anyway

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

obviously we should fix roads but in lots of cases there's far more neglected infrastructure and other programs that no one cares about because they're for poor people.

it's kinda being willingly obtuse not see that core of what she was posting about? idk lol

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

but yea if you want to post the craziest poo poo you can find I'll tell you why it's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

an actual dog posted:

obviously we should fix roads but in lots of cases there's far more neglected infrastructure and other programs that no one cares about because they're for poor people.

it's kinda being willingly obtuse not see that core of what she was posting about? idk lol

oh sure there are lots of cases where infrastructure projects are just for the rich. Every time a bunch of rich white people move to a new suburb you know it's getting a direct route to downtown, even if there are other areas that need roadwork more.

But that's not what she said, she literally said only rich white men drive, so all roads are exclusively for the benefit of rich white men