Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Daily pull was Ashe. Two tickets got me another Setzer and another Vaan. Wish I had kept some of those Vaans around, I'm at 55% from mashing my Vaans together.

I don't think I'm going to be lucky enough to pull a Rasler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Got three Golds in a row: Snow/Rikku/Ashe. Already had a Rikku but this is good.

Also I guess Ashe would love the Enhancer, but right now it's glued to Fryevia, unless Ashe makes better use of it? I'm not sure if she really has a place in my team unless I really need to go full-mage.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

:staredog:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Time to pull, wanted to use 4* ticket first, but clicked the wrong button and pulled Arc.

Decided to do the daily pull next. Oh poo poo, rainbow! Emperor #4....

Ha ha nope! Finally my streak of 5* Emperors is broken!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dangerous.hotdog posted:

:siren: If you use an Android, this one simple trick will make you a CHAINING GOD. :siren:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6lps83/possible_easy_manual_spark_chains_on_android_by/

I'm watching my roommate rip 47x SPARK chains with Tidus's Quick Hit, manually, like it's nothing. This is a legit gamechanger and makes Fryevia/Aileen/Tidus/Reberta/Vaan/Yun/Fohlen loving gods for us plebians who don't macro chains.

This thing makes no elemental chain mages like T.Terra and D.Fina beasts. Doesn't fully equalize the gap, because spark chaining is stronger than elemental chaining by default, so they benefit just as much from it, but the attacks being AOE makes the very useful for some encounters

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i made five pulls and got two more vaans which is fine because bonus unit, and the other three were gold! hooray! chizuru, oh. shine, well i could use more shine tms. aaaaaaand rikku, who i had to pull 40+ times on banner for. banner rate up my rear end, i havent gotten an on banner gold crystal since dumb rear end gun type zero guy whose name i forget

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
At farplane lost quartz post mote later

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Burned my 4 tickets hoping to get some more bonus units beyond my 1 Vaan. Got Ashe, then Vaan, then Zargabaath, and another Lenna. I've got more 5*s than I know what to do with now after living with Chizuru for the last year. Pulled a Frevia and Noctis last week.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
You can now summon 10k worth of Mog Coins in one go. THANK GOD. I was dreading the amount of time that was going to take at 1k a pop to burn however many I have.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

dangerous.hotdog posted:

The chaining options this opens up is crazy. I think we're going to see a lot of Aileens, Fohlens, Yuns, Tiduses, Fryevias, etc. coming out of the friends list woodwork to replace Orlandeau with this newfound tip.

edit- To my fellow Evade lovers, I just stumbled upon this wiki page that lists all current evade units/materia/etc. like the list that was posted earlier in this thread:

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Dodge

Huh, I had no idea there was a wiki page on it. I even did the wiki survey last night and on the comments page suggested a dodge page! I'll add it to my dodge post then!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

ALL THE DRAGON SLAYING

300% dragon slayer, easily solos ELT with Mystic Thrust.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Threw 10 tickets at the banner, got 4 Vaans and my 4 gold crystals were leon, hope, zyrus, and some other off-banner dupe I forget already. There's no goddamn way getting on-banner units is a 50/50 chance when it comes to 4 stars.

fullTimeLurker posted:

Which heroes should I use for Chaining?

I currently have:

2 Amelias
4 Setzers
1 Orlandeau

Not sure who I want. I mean Orlandeau is pretty good as long as I have a friendleau with me.

Orlandeau. He's better than those other two by a significant margin and a pair of them will do shitloads of damage on their own. Make lots of friends.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Pulled a 3rd Amelia today, I think I'm supposed to start caring about Arena now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

this boss is also i think something absurd like -50% earth resistance and aileen absolutely crushes it

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

suuma posted:

Pulled a 3rd Amelia today, I think I'm supposed to start caring about Arena now.

Native (gun) dual wield and an AOE stop ability makes her really good. I have her and a dual wielding Lasswell in my arena team this week due to no black magic. I'm strongly considering leveling my 2nd Amelia because those ribbon-wearing whale teams can't resist Stop. Even just one Amelia using her high hit count AOE last week would occasionally fill my esper gauge entirely. Which then lead to me using Odin to instantly KO the survivors who didn't have a genji shield or safety bit. :black101:

Oxybeles
Feb 1, 2013
Zargarbarl, 3 Vaan (to go with the 5* Vaan I rerolled for on Launch day), and a Razler from 6 tix. Not too shabby.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I spent 25 tickets looking for Ashe, got a single Vaan and a Zarglebargle. What do I do with this guy?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
is Rasler any good outside of his TMR? managed to snag two.

i have wol 6* so i have a feeling the verdict is gonna be: useless.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
My God. It finally happened. I... I actually got the base 5* off a banner.

Welcome to the team, Zarglebaath. Zarglebargle? Zarglbagly? Whatevs

Now I just... need to figure out how to use him. If anybody wants a 100% grind friend, though, my ID is 763,290,124. I've got Noctis when I'm not grinding and an Aileen in the works.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

new kind of cat posted:

is Rasler any good outside of his TMR? managed to snag two.

i have wol 6* so i have a feeling the verdict is gonna be: useless.

Nope, Rasler is pretty awful. Maybe he'll have a use if there's a boss that deals nothing but Light damage.

His TMR is A+ good though.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

PaybackJack posted:

Nope, Rasler is pretty awful. Maybe he'll have a use if there's a boss that deals nothing but Light damage.

His TMR is A+ good though.

Even then, you could just slap Carbuncle onto Cecil for the same effect and with other utility like Curaja.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
After complaining last night about not pulling any of the imperil chaining dps units I get Fohlen off a random ticket from King Mog, i can join the cook kids club now and he can chill with my Yun for maximum chocobros.

Shame about the lack of decent spears though

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
This King Mog event has a pretty cheap 130 ATK spear, problem is it requires two hands.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Is it just me or is this event really stingy with its Motes? Like, I killed a Gold Bomb in the 25 NRG thing and only got like 300 extra motes for it before bonuses, not nearly as exciting as "Holy poo poo 3 Metal Kings Jesus christ 3000 Crimson Ore here we come!"

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Free roll gave me another Tidus... I think I just spent all my luck this year.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Office Thug posted:

Is it just me or is this event really stingy with its Motes? Like, I killed a Gold Bomb in the 25 NRG thing and only got like 300 extra motes for it before bonuses, not nearly as exciting as "Holy poo poo 3 Metal Kings Jesus christ 3000 Crimson Ore here we come!"

Thunderbug is the big drop mob

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Victis posted:

Thunderbug is the big drop mob

I just hit a Thunderbug and a Bomb in one run. Wish I had a better bonus than 325%.

Not as good as the last event for sure, but the price of the gear is a lot lower. Unfortunately, the awakening mats are still the normal price.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Also, Tiamat is a horrible lovely fight unless you can kill it in one turn. Why would you give this fucker Stop AND Petrify AND 6 moves per turn :negative:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Because 6* Vaan can cast immunity to Stop effects.

That doesn't make it a good reason.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Office Thug posted:

It's stingy, but the weapons and materia are reasonably priced and the bugs and bombs have been frequent for me at least.

It's still no where near as generous as Brave Frontier was.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Kinda wish they would at the very least lower the price of the Gian/Purecrysts a bit. As it is I can usually just barely afford to get 3 giancrysts and 1 purecryst if I'm running the event all the time and still trying to get all the unique items and tickets. I just want to max out Elza's abilities before she gets made completely obsolete by the chaining meta. :smith:

edit: Has anyone checked if the Zodiac Spear stacks with a doublehand materia/skill? I'm curious if it just works as a weapon with innate doublehand that will stack with other sources or if it's considered something else.

hamburgers in pockets fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 7, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

suuma posted:

This King Mog event has a pretty cheap 130 ATK spear, problem is it requires two hands.

Pretty good for new players. It's just a shame they don't scale to experienced players because there isn't any materia that work well with them. If they give us a 2h Mastery that would help a lot. On a finisher dual wield is less of a necessity so giving us a +100% ATK with 2h weapons would be really nice.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
What about Garland with Equip Spear and an additional Doublehand? Fang would become way more attractive as a unit.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Double hand doesn't apply to two handed weapons afaik, it has to be a single handed weapon.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
29 tickets, no Rasler, sad day :( Not many golds in general, which is unusual for me.

Did get an Ashe, so I guess my Dark Fina is super happy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Scrublord Prime posted:

Double hand doesn't apply to two handed weapons afaik, it has to be a single handed weapon.

Clouds TM version of double hand DOES apply to two handed weapons, but you are right, plain old double hand does not apply to two handed weapons.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ashe seems pretty solid, is she worth working on? I think I've gotten all my more obvious 6* candidates maxed out. Her only real competition is Marie right now, fare as I can tell.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Spent all my tickets trying to get Rasler for his tm, got queen'd instead. At least her tm is ok-ish?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Echophonic posted:

Ashe seems pretty solid, is she worth working on? I think I've gotten all my more obvious 6* candidates maxed out. Her only real competition is Marie right now, fare as I can tell.

She's a great mage party extra slot character. She breaks def/spr, buffs mag/spr and has a decent chaining, damage and healing spell in Heaven's Fury. She's not great at anything but gives you damage, healing, buffs and breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
She's basically a better Krile, for what Krile used to offer parties, except stronger on the damage side of things.

• Locked thread