Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Post 9-11 User posted:

It's delightful to sip my morning coffee and watch as a member of a cabal of war criminals that slaughtered over a million people gets to titter and act like an imbecile on a talk show.

:iceburn: on donald at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Trump desperate to avoid leaks over what hes talking to Putin about?

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/883339620448165888

Maybe we can ask Putin for the tapes.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

farraday posted:

Trump desperate to avoid leaks over what hes talking to Putin about?

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/883339620448165888

Maybe we can ask Putin for the tapes.

I'm pretty sure he'll screen them at the Kremlin with a rifftrack

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Chilichimp posted:

It's hilarious to look back at history and be like, "George W Bush wasn't that bad, I guess".

When a genial war criminal would do a better job as President you're dealing with the biggest piece of poo poo to ever occupy the position.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I think it's okay to say george bush was bad in one way and trump is bad in a different way.

Baby, we haven't even gotten started.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Putin is the only world leader he has met warmly. C'mon.

Putin is just one of a string of authoritarians that Trump has met warmly. Now if you're talking about the leaders of western democracies, Trump is a complete dick. Look how he behaves with Merkel.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Garrison can't be the most widely read cartoonist in the country, can he? I always thought he was way on the margins.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

lol, he looks so embarrassed

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

mdemone posted:

Yeah, the psychological parallels between the two just leap out when you read Man Without a Face, though there are many obvious differences. One of the most interesting aspects of Gessen's work was later in the book, when she touches on Putin's pleonexia (the irresistible urge to own something that belongs to someone else).

The motherfucker just straight up pocketed Bob Kraft's Superbowl ring in front of him, and walked out of the room! I remembered that story but didn't know how brazen it had been. There are many other stories too where he makes almost a show of taking something in mixed company. Interesting childhood anecdotes too, along those lines. He's a pure thug and it's fascinating how effective he has been.

Though its a bit older, Daniel Yergin's The Quest has an excellent section about Putin and just how intelligent and well educated he is. Motherfucker knows the oil business, had started a doctorate with the St. Petersburg Mining Institute, and published papers arguing that natural resource control was key to the economic growth of Russia and their entry as a world power. And this is back in 1999.

Steve Coll's Private Empire is also definitely worth reading if you want to know were Rex Tillerson is coming from, and why he is doing what he's doing.

This is a story that started long before the 2016 election, and won't be over just because Trump is out of office.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

business hammocks posted:

Garrison can't be the most widely read cartoonist in the country, can he? I always thought he was way on the margins.

In that he's published on right wing websites and political cartoons are kind of a dying artform since print is dead.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
I love MSNBC's G20 guy walking around all breathless in a bike helmet like he's in the middle of a warzone, meanwhile there's couples walking around and guys skateboarding like its another day in the park.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
They're becoming best friends!

https://twitter.com/halliejackson/status/883347823881846784

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Charliegrs posted:

Putin is just one of a string of authoritarians that Trump has met warmly. Now if you're talking about the leaders of western democracies, Trump is a complete dick. Look how he behaves with Merkel.
You must be mistaken. Merkel can't actually be a leader, she's a chick. When it comes to the part of the election process where prospective leaders go onstage and talk about the size of their dicks, she'd lose by default.

Seriously though, I wonder if "Grab 'em by the pussy" Trump deals with women leaders better or worse than "Don't leave me alone with a girl" Pence would/will. How lovely are those two options.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
30 minute sit down with Putin now over 80 minutes and on going.

Hope Trump has a good memory!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Kekekela posted:

I love MSNBC's G20 guy walking around all breathless in a bike helmet like he's in the middle of a warzone, meanwhile there's couples walking around and guys skateboarding like its another day in the park.

Maybe he knows something we don't

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I just imagine Putin being in the meeting goin' "yeah, we hosed with your election, check it" and he brings out a powerpoint presentation.

The last slide is the piss tape.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Meanwhile Tillerson has melted into a puddle of sweat and anxiety

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

farraday posted:

30 minute sit down with Putin now over 80 minutes and on going.

Hope Trump has a good memory!

I cannot imagine what Putin would have to say to Trump for this length of time if they weren't literally talking about his marching orders.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Well, it was nice knowing you Alaska (not really)

Or maybe Put in offered to pay for The Wall :v:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Russian state media is absolutely going to describe the subjects of their conversation, as a means of pressuring Trump not to forget.

Jesus gently caress.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I would not be surprised if Trump tries to end sanctions as a result of this Russia meeting.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Russian state media is absolutely going to describe the subjects of their conversation, as a means of pressuring Trump not to forget.

Jesus gently caress.

Oh, we're definitely going to find out more about that discussion from RUSSIAN media, and that's loving telling.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Chilichimp posted:

I cannot imagine what Putin would have to say to Trump for this length of time if they weren't literally talking about his marching orders.

Eh, I don't think we need to worry about Trump marching anywhere.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Pellisworth posted:

I would not be surprised if Trump tries to end sanctions as a result of this Russia meeting.

Russia's getting their mansions back at the very least.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Pellisworth posted:

I mean they already have been trying

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Pellisworth posted:

He is almost definitely going to loudly push for ending sanctions.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

LaserShark posted:

Russia's getting Eastern Ukraine back at the very least.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Chilichimp posted:

Oh, we're definitely going to find out more about that discussion from RUSSIAN media, and that's loving telling.

at least you can listen to it on FM radio in DC

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Robot Hobo posted:

You must be mistaken. Merkel can't actually be a leader, she's a chick. When it comes to the part of the election process where prospective leaders go onstage and talk about the size of their dicks, she'd lose by default.

Seriously though, I wonder if "Grab 'em by the pussy" Trump deals with women leaders better or worse than "Don't leave me alone with a girl" Pence would/will. How lovely are those two options.

If Pence becomes president then the Democrats should nominate a woman just for the debates.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Good thing congress passed that thing that requires congressional approval to remove sanctions!

Oh, only the senate passed it, and the house denied it?

oh...

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Trump is coming back to his Motel Six tonight with a better understanding about the sovereignty of Ukraine.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
"Can you believe this Vladimir guy, he agreed to help me take out ISIS and in return all I had to do was promise him all of Eastern Europe up to the German border! How has this not been tried earlier, dummies!"

No but really, Putin tried telling GWB that Ukraine wasn't a real state and Bush wouldn't listen. Maybe Donald is more receptive?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

farraday posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/883329866493546496

Good to see Trump knows not to try the dominant hand shake bullshit with his boss.

LOL Putin looks like he has buyer's remorse.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

LaserShark posted:

Russia's getting Eastern Europe and Alaska back at the very least.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Democratic nominee Tim Kaine: You pardoned President Trump
President Pence: *chuckles* I never did that

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ague Proof posted:

Democratic nominee Tim Kaine: You pardoned President Trump
President Pence: *chuckles* I never did that

Oh god Don't do that I haven't had my covfefecoffee.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

CmdrRiker posted:

Dude, he always sit like dat. Everyone is reading way too much into this poo poo.

Calm down everyone.

I wasn't trying to speculate about their meeting but it's just like you said, he always sits like that and that's how I always read it. It's also kind of funny because people on the donald always try to present Trump as some "alpha male" but he his body language often says the opposite.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/883346076534800384
https://twitter.com/ASLuhn/status/883342681153445893

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

According to Garry Kasparov, Russian media circulated basically the exact same picture when he met with Obama, so really, this is life imitating art imitating life

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kasparov63/status/883347131603574785

• Locked thread