Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
It's a general rule that you don't talk poo poo in public because you will get punched in the face. It's also a general rule not to punch poo poo talkers in the face in public because then you will get punched in the face by someone else. And this rapidly turns into the proverbial brawl/riot that ends badly for everyone involved and also for people who had no loving part in the initial dispute.

Escalating a bad situation is never a good idea, no matter how right or noble you might be about it. That's why we have authority figures like the police to handle this sort of stuff in public life. Because it never ends well when someone decides it's OK for them to ramp it up to the next step simply because they were in the right.

Reddit has a Nazi problem, sure. What Reddit actually has is a hate speech/moron problem. The way to deal with that is to go after Reddit legally, publically pressure Reddit, or contact law enforcement if you are convinced there is an actual danger there.

There's a reason most people view "an eye for an eye" as terrible logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Typo posted:

Obviously yes, but that's not a reason why it's a good thing either

in fact it's a really really bad thing

Fascists specifically abuse the rules of society and exploit them, so attacks against fascists must be outside of norms and decorum as well

You can tut tut it but it's a necessary evil

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Former Everything posted:

um i'm sorry if u doxx nazis for being nazis ur can't complain when nazis cut ur throat and round up people into internment camps

just sayin' don't get mad when you get murdered because you dared to say "holy poo poo look at this nazi attempting to remain anonymous, here's his identifiers because holy poo poo nazis"

-joementum

That's not even close to what I was arguing.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Squizzle posted:

there will be a flood of those, dont worry

i want the stuff that people will have to dig for
dont worry people will have to dig for everything under a(n hopefully) thin layer of radioactive dust

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

A Handed Missus posted:

they love Donald like Donald loves Mattis :3:

Trump and Macron are totally best friends now lmao

Unlike domald tromp, the rest of those people are skilled politicians who got where they were thru their easy charm and ability to make eveyrone think they're their best friend (with the excetion of teresa may whgo was never actually elected lol)

if i were another world leader, esp one who is supposed to be allies wit hthe US, you're drat right i would deploy my charm and be all smiles around trump, especially whem my intel tells me how loving easy he is to win over thru a little flattery lmao

i mean as tempting as it is to stand up to the incompetent nazi president, if you're a leader of a US ally, you have to assume that trump is just a crap president and is not the first and will be gone in 4-8 years, and it;s' really in your interest to just get the idiot senile president to like you enough that he doesn't do anything bad to your country, and then otherwise wait him out

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lol here are two of the replies from Mr. Solo's Jew hunting guide post

[–]s1mplistic 3 points 24 days ago
Oh its true. It's just that T_D isn't ready for these.. Ban hammer drops quick when bringing up the "jews"

[–]MoldyLocksNesMonster 6 points 24 days ago
The t_d is ready. The mods are not.

Make no mistake, people on that subreddit are filth.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

YAAAASSSS slay that Russian and also protect the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman QUUUUEEEEENNN

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MysteriousStranger posted:

Escalating a bad situation is never a good idea, no matter how right or noble you might be about it. That's why we have authority figures like the police to handle this sort of stuff in public life. Because it never ends well when someone decides it's OK for them to ramp it up to the next step simply because they were in the right.

here's the problem which, incidentally, is the origin of why we're having this discussion

the authority figures aren't doing poo poo

hell, the authority figures are the white supremacists here!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Business Gorillas posted:

Fascists specifically abuse the rules of society and exploit them, so attacks against fascists must be outside of norms and decorum as well

necessary evil my rear end u fukken liberal
bashing the fash is a privilege *and* a right

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

yeah im p certain that trex is the key american in the room and thats one of the reasons hes survived in his job despite all but openly badmouthing trump

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Louisgod posted:

putin: so, I'm going to do a ceasefire attempt, you say you're doing it too.
trump: ok
putin: from there, you say how you appreciate Russia's cooperation and in turn will lift sanctions.
trump: got it

Someone call seymour hersh and let him know about this leaked transcript.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
nazis are people, too

that means they are just as vulnerable to punching as anyone else

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

It's a general rule that you don't talk poo poo in public because you will get punched in the face.

This actually isn't a rule.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

It's a general rule that you don't talk poo poo in public because you will get punched in the face. It's also a general rule not to punch poo poo talkers in the face in public because then you will get punched in the face by someone else. And this rapidly turns into the proverbial brawl/riot that ends badly for everyone involved and also for people who had no loving part in the initial dispute.

Reddit has a Nazi problem, sure. What Reddit actually has is a hate speech/moron problem. The way to deal with that is to go after Reddit legally, publically pressure Reddit, or contact law enforcement if you are convinced there is an actual danger there.

fyi the police literally has a white supremacy problem in most of the country and the line you tow only works for the privileged.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

ShutteredIn posted:

YAAAASSSS slay that Russian and also protect the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman QUUUUEEEEENNN

Putin definitely has the upper hand in how his country treats homosexuals.

gregday
May 23, 2003

meeting still going on over 2 hours now

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

here's the problem which, incidentally, is the origin of why we're having this discussion

the authority figures aren't doing poo poo

hell, the authority figures are the white supremacists here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWXazVhlyxQ

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

this is only the best G20 ever :worship:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ha hah a decadent vesterns are being worried about doxxing nazis? in soviet union you can be doxxed at any time is what we call it when youth points knife at you and says "give to me your docs marten"

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

uh never might be too much of an absolute there i see where youre coming from but when law enforcement gets a monopoly on the use of violence thats called a police state and cheering for it too hard risks coming across as an authoritarian bootlick

youre in charge of keeping yourself safe the police are just there in theory to help you do that

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

That's not even close to what I was arguing.

nice try, Hitler.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

dont worry people will have to dig for everything under a(n hopefully) thin layer of radioactive dust

what if the radiation interferes w peoples access to the morphin grid????? :wth:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
are trump and putin still loving n sucking

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the police are systematically and extrajudicially executing black people for the crime of uhh standing around?? and we're supposed to cede situations to them and trust that they'll prevent the nazis from calling for jewish purges

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MFW those icky gays ask for marriage rights

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

gregday posted:

meeting still going on over 2 hours now

lol god drat

TRUMP do NOT sell alaska

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

liberalism dot tee ecks tee

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

fyi the police literally has a white supremacy problem in most of the country and the line you tow only works for the privileged.

You "toe" a line. Like, lining up along it with your tiptoes touching it. :spergin:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It's ok to punch Nazis.

But only if you knock 'em out, if you don't and they absorb the blow and then beat you up, that's bad.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

The exact same is true of fringe political movement on the left as well, somehow I got a feeling we would be a lot less comfortable with doxxing somebody on the left than right

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Baloogan posted:

lol god drat

TRUMP sell alaska

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Since when did free speech end up as being able to poo poo post about how entire races should be exterminated without consequence? Doxxing is just another form of speech. If you have ways to readily out yourself and post opinions so bad you could get fired/assaulted for them, the fault isn't on the person exposing you, it's on you for being a piece of poo poo. There's no constitutional or socially necessary right to internet privacy that compels private individuals to not use publicly available resources to shame you. If you can call for the extermination of the jews, I can browse your poo poo reddit profile till I find enough clues to out you.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Imo people think everyone's playing pretend and posting irl but both sides need to understand the gravity of their actions (as the die hard Nazis and antifa both want the other side dead)

have the antifa killed anyone yet

seriously have they

because the Nazis definitely have

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Baloogan posted:

lol god drat

TRUMP do NOT sell alaska

he would never do that!!!!

vlads such a nice guy he just gon give it to him cuz they besties :3:

:smugdon:

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

prefect posted:

You "toe" a line. Like, lining up along it with your tiptoes touching it. :spergin:

trippin' over myself thx

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Baloogan posted:

lol god drat

TRUMP do NOT sell alaska

Trump please throw in Canada too.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

prefect posted:

hahaha

love that

the line you tow, like on a boat hahaha

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

I cannot loving wait to hear what those two idiots have to say after their meeting.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Punch Nazis now so you don't have to shoot them later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Typo posted:

The exact same is true of fringe political movement on the left as well, somehow I got a feeling we would be a lot less comfortable with doxxing somebody on the left than right

haha yeah the people calling for radical equality, boy, that's some dire political rhetoric

• Locked thread