Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Imagined posted:

Get gray one now and buy extra joycons. You'll need them anyway?

Over thirty minutes and that Amazon is still in stock. They must have gotten a big shipment. I love when they make these Prime only things. Feel like it cuts down on scalpers.

Yea but I already have the grey joycons. This is just an accessory play since I want another dock and another joycon set and at that point with those two its only like another 100 or so bucks for the tablet. (That I may or may not keep or flip to recoup some of the accessory costs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Maybe we just need to wait for Pearl to.......come out of her shell? :c00lbert:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Louisgod posted:

People's obsession with these Splatoon girl characters is weird, to the point where it's just sad.

Don't be a jerky.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I apologise for that Dad joke.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Louisgod posted:

People's obsession with these Splatoon girl characters is weird, to the point where it's just sad.

The whole purpose of the characters is to create a banner under which players can unite. One banner just happens to be a hideous goblin banner.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Pearl is a good squid and my friend

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
How are people drawing stuff in the mii plaza Splatoon lobby?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm sure the goblin hordes will be formidable, but I doubt they will be as numerous as the fans of Octopus Rihanna.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fun Times! posted:

There's a little redbox you draw at, but if you want to post it in splatoon you have to also post it on either twitter or facebook. You could make a fake account if you're not comfortable with that.

Louisgod posted:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Fun Times! posted:

your switch is touch screen and also your joycons have pointer wiimotes built in without the need for an ir sensor!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr Cheeto posted:

Pearl's design is just an abrasive and bratty stereotype, and is just nowhere near as good a character as either of the Squid Sisters.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Imagined posted:

Get gray one now and buy extra joycons. You'll need them anyway?

Over thirty minutes and that Amazon is still in stock. They must have gotten a big shipment. I love when they make these Prime only things. Feel like it cuts down on scalpers.
If you do this, you won't be able to have matching Red/Red and Blu/Blue pairs. You may as well not have a Nintendo Switch in that case.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

irlZaphod posted:

If you do this, you won't be able to have matching Red/Red and Blu/Blue pairs. You may as well not have a Nintendo Switch in that case.

I mean, they do sell red/red and blue/blue pairs, but then you're sitting on $160 in extra joycons

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

I mean, they do sell red/red and blue/blue pairs, but then you're sitting on $160 in extra joycons

You can't have too many joycons, friend.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You can't have too many joycons, friend.

Arguable, but I can definitely have too little money.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wait, is the splatoon demo up in the eshop already? I still don't get how people are miiversing right now?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Wait, is the splatoon demo up in the eshop already? I still don't get how people are miiversing right now?

It's up and you can run around the plaza and post to not-miiverse and run the tutorial and that's about it

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's up and you can run around the plaza and post to not-miiverse and run the tutorial and that's about it

Mii verse replacement but only for one game? It's a start I guess.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Can you make Squid friends in the plaza?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Bury me with my joycons

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is this a playable tutorial where I can practice motion controls or more of a slide show?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

its just a tutorial and the plaza, which is a shame since id really like to practice a bit more, i played splatoon 1 all of an hour

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://youtu.be/8XEc2OyKjRs?list=PLFwObPlg7Y1oHGVS6ZMo6-CB7gPU_3T-5
Dang I want this games soundtrack now!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beastie posted:

Is this a playable tutorial where I can practice motion controls or more of a slide show?
You run a course and shoot balloons while the game explains the controls. Worth getting even now.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Okay, the juice box song is called Ika Jamaica 2. That's all I needed to know.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

As we prepare for Splatoon 2, I wonder if an ethernet adapter worthwhile on the Switch. Have they been tested and is there a particular recommended model?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I believe the ones sold for the Wii-U work on the Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Housh posted:

As we prepare for Splatoon 2, I wonder if an ethernet adapter worthwhile on the Switch. Have they been tested and is there a particular recommended model?

Any that worked with Wii and Wii U should work on Switch. There is an official one by Nintendo so that would probably be the recommendation.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Housh posted:

i got the old rear end one from wii? Wii U? i forgot which but its dang old works fine

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

VideoGames posted:

I apologise for that Dad joke.

i forgive you

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Will the Splatoon 2 Direct get me up to speed since I skipped Splat1 or is there a primer somewhere?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

^burtle posted:

Will the Splatoon 2 Direct get me up to speed since I skipped Splat1 or is there a primer somewhere?

it will. also the demo has a tutorial

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

So what the heck is the lore for Splatoon? Squids vs Octopuses because why?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Because shut up mostly.

There's some lore somewhere but I don't remember it and it's barely important.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
drat these new games on the eshop look like garbage. IMPLOSION NEVER LOSE HOPE not having any gameplay in it's trailer is really promising. Looked it up and found a video of someone saying IT'S CONTROLS ARE BRILLIANT when it's a touch screen analog stick and touch screen buttons. Never trust anyone who says controls like that are brilliant

whaley fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 7, 2017

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Beastie posted:

the octopods perpetuated a failed 'war on urchins' thirty years ago after Octogan Pusgen won the leadership of Inktopolis. The "inky-down economics" plan put in place by the Octopods put thousands of Inklings into poverty and prison. Ten years later after some of the tension wore off Octopods won the leadership once more and sent Inklings to Salmon Bay to overthrow Salddam Monsein. They lied about weapons that could wipe out Inktopolis and was only there for Salmon Bay's fish oil. This was the straw that broke the camel's back as several young Inklings were Inked. Octopods were driven underground and have been at odds ever since. Octopods now want to 'Make Inktopolis Great Again' and the Inklings are fighting for the freedom of their beloved city.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Beastie posted:

Ten thousand years ago, humanity died out due to global warming. Ocean levels rose, the world got warmer, Squids and Octopi crawled out of the ocean and evolved to become the new sapient species.

And found Judd frozen in a stasis pod, preserved by his kindly human scientist owner in the last days of Mankind. Judd Jr. is a complete mystery to everyone.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Beastie posted:

Mainly fighting over power sources in the first game. Though Squids seems largely oblivious of all this happening they're too busy living care free lives.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

whaley posted:

drat these new games on the eshop look like garbage. IMPLOSION NEVER LOSE HOPE not having any gameplay in it's trailer is really promising. Looked it up and found a video of someone saying IT'S CONTROLS ARE BRILLIANT when it's a touch screen analog stick and touch screen buttons. Never trust anyone who says controls like that are brilliant

They're probably talking about the mobile version. To be fair, for the phone version, it's touch controls work better than 80% of games out there. There is no touch on the Switch one. It's a good port with better button controls and the moves changed a bit since it's two buttons instead of one for attacks now. So you have dialed combos instead of Morse code style of DMC.

mrEkli fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Beastie posted:

Because it's design is meant to appeal to 8 year olds.

• Locked thread