Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

Not having enough vit motes to finish Cloud's LS board for his last LM really, really sucks.

Same thing with Spirit motes for Agrias. I got all 30 from 300 Bahamut and still need more to fully dive her.

I really hope we get more soon. I want those effortless stacked holy imperils!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Went 3/11 in my latest pull!

Got: Artemis Bow, Yoichi Bow, and Novus Leathers.

I guess I'm using Fran and Vayne :shobon:

The Yoichi Bow is kind if useless though, right? I can learn the break from it and not worry about it anymore?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah as far as I know, like every same type buff in this game, the latest one cast is the one that stands as they override each other. So, Eiko and Refia's BSBs (Refia if you're RWing Cloud on her) will override the 100% crit chance since theirs sets it at 50% even. For Refia, the only way to get around it is to cast her BSB first, use his RW, and then use some strong abilities to follow.

I hope more characters get crit damage buffs. As a no chant/Zack CSB haver, it feels like it's stifling my potential right now.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

As someone with Chant, Eiko BSB and Refia BSB it kinda sucks that they overwrite Cloud USB :(

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

bilperkins2 posted:

As someone with Chant, Eiko BSB and Refia BSB it kinda sucks that they overwrite Cloud USB :(

Chant doesn't.

Also, having Eiko BSB means you can skip the Cloud hype because 50% critical rate on 3 dps is better than 100% critical rate on one dps.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

KPC_Mammon posted:

Chant doesn't.

Also, having Eiko BSB means you can skip the Cloud hype because 50% critical rate on 3 dps is better than 100% critical rate on one dps.

Not when your one DPS gets a major damage boost and can break the damage cap and is your best DPS person.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

bilperkins2 posted:

Not when your one DPS gets a major damage boost and can break the damage cap and is your best DPS person.

Yeah, if your entire team is set up to boost one person, or if you only have one BSB that targets your opponents weaknesses.

Cloud USB gives huge numbers, sure, but it has a cost associated with it. Mind you, it is a mostly meaningless cost in jump start fights.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh my god I did not think of Jumpstarts and Clod USB. I know what I'm trying later. :unsmigghh:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

KPC_Mammon posted:

Yeah, if your entire team is set up to boost one person, or if you only have one BSB that targets your opponents weaknesses.

Cloud USB gives huge numbers, sure, but it has a cost associated with it. Mind you, it is a mostly meaningless cost in jump start fights.

You could look at Cloud USB as simply another option. The great thing about this game is that it gives you many viable ways to beat most of the content. Of course, for most non-whale players, it is pretty relic/RNG dependent anyway, so if you have the gear to field a full A-Team of heavy hitters, more power to you. For many players, Cloud USB allows them to maximize the few good pieces of gear they've collected.

Plus, it's kind of fun trying to get your attack damage as high as possible.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Jeez, these new JP abilities with the XII event.

5* Dancer, Crush Tango: DEF & RES large down to all enemies
5* Dancer, Smash Jitterbug: ATK & MAG large down to all enemies

5* Machinist, Burning Snipe: 6 single-target Fire ranged physical attacks
5* Machinist, Freezing Snipe: 6 single-target Ice ranged physical attacks
5* Machinist, Heat Offer: 2 single-target Fire ranged physical attacks, 35% chance to inflict minor Imperil Fire

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hogama posted:

5* Dancer, Crush Tango: DEF & RES large down to all enemies
5* Dancer, Smash Jitterbug: ATK & MAG large down to all enemies

yowza. that's a real feather in the cap for the dancers.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
So you're telling me my Faris can Full Breakdown BSB > ATK/MAG > ATK > MAG > DEF/RES if I want, all by herself? :stare:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

AegisP posted:

So you're telling me my Faris can Full Breakdown BSB > ATK/MAG > ATK > MAG > DEF/RES if I want, all by herself? :stare:

That seems to be the case. That's awesome. I'll be able to do that too :c00l:

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

AegisP posted:

Actually, She'll be able to Hyperbreak USB, ATK/MAG/MND + Imperil Wind USB, Full Breakdown BSB, ATK/DEF Mug Bloodlust, ATK/MAG Dance, ATK BSB command, MAG BSB command.

In jumpstart, if you get all her relics.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
So I've got 50 mythril again and I'm wondering what I should do with it. 2 pulls on the on the FF7 banner got me all the supers on it except for the one I wanted (Javelin), and I also got Cloud's USB. Thing is, I don't have his BSB2, and I don't know how useful the USB is without it and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and chase the missing piece of the puzzle (not to mention the other nice gear on the banner I don't have yet)

Alternately, I would like to round out my 14 setup. I have dang near every available piece of gear possible for Y'shtola, Minifilia, and Alphinaud, but pretty much nothing for anyone else. Thinking maybe a banner 2 pull would be nice.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Sesq posted:

So I've got 50 mythril again and I'm wondering what I should do with it. 2 pulls on the on the FF7 banner got me all the supers on it except for the one I wanted (Javelin), and I also got Cloud's USB. Thing is, I don't have his BSB2, and I don't know how useful the USB is without it and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and chase the missing piece of the puzzle (not to mention the other nice gear on the banner I don't have yet)

Alternately, I would like to round out my 14 setup. I have dang near every available piece of gear possible for Y'shtola, Minifilia, and Alphinaud, but pretty much nothing for anyone else. Thinking maybe a banner 2 pull would be nice.

XIV events are pretty rare (it looks like there hasn't been another one in JP yet?) and honestly having those characters fully kitted out is probably enough to tackle most CMs if you've got decent hones for the randos without SBs.

Either Cloud's BSB2 or Zack's CSB would be really strong with that USB, buuuut this VII banner is honestly kinda weak overall and if you have all the supers you are pretty drat likely to be disappointed in another pull. If it were me I'd just take that USB and run, it's only going to get better over time and it's still good even without all the pieces (especially since you can just RW one of them).

edit: Unrelated, but is it worth throwing a pull at Rikku's USB if I already have OK's BSB? I'm a little iffy on the rest of the banner - I only have Rikku's Master Thief, and I use her a lot so I'd love to snag some more relics for her just for more flexibility + stat boosts, and I could also use more Ice / Water stuff (though Banner 2 looks much better for Ice), but there's also the IV banner, V banner, and another fest on the not-too-distant horizon that I really want to pull on, plus DU and Lucky draws inbetween. This game has been brutal lately when it comes to saving mythril, it feels like every single banner has something I really want now.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 7, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

AegisP posted:

with thief 5 she also gets access to the soon-to-be buffed Mug Bloodlust

She's a loving beast

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Chant doesn't.

My Cloud does 2-300k damage to enemies neutral to wind damage. Your 3 DPS might be able to match him but they won't match the extra damage coming from Zack and Vaan in addition to Cloud's.

Also fun: A 500atk Cloud with his USB and no other buffs can hit for 99999x2 with Tornado strike against random D90ish bosses. :black101:

McDragon posted:

Oh my god I did not think of Jumpstarts and Clod USB. I know what I'm trying later. :unsmigghh:

Next Jump Start (if it isn't wind/holy resist/immunue) I'm going to try a blitz setup:

Cloud - USB/BSB2
Orlandu - OSB/BSB
Zack- CSB/SSB
Vaan - BSB (and Mug Bloodlust, I guess)
Y'shtola - Wall/BSB

RW: Cloud USB for Orlandu and Vaan.

Either it'll just murder the boss in 2-3 turns or I'll die before Y'shtola can Wall/Asylum. Only question is if I delay Cloud/Orlandu popping the USB while Zack uses his SSB (hastega) before his CSB. I could have Orlandu OSB and probably USB after that since Zack would get two actions in during that same period.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Actually, She'll be able to Hyperbreak USB, ATK/MAG/MND + Imperil Wind USB, Full Breakdown BSB, ATK/DEF Mug Bloodlust, ATK/MAG Dance, ATK BSB command, MAG BSB command.

In jumpstart, if you get all her relics.

:eyepop:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

edit: Unrelated, but is it worth throwing a pull at Rikku's USB if I already have OK's BSB? I'm a little iffy on the rest of the banner - I only have Rikku's Master Thief, and I use her a lot so I'd love to snag some more relics for her just for more flexibility + stat boosts, and I could also use more Ice / Water stuff (though Banner 2 looks much better for Ice), but there's also the IV banner, V banner, and another fest on the not-too-distant horizon that I really want to pull on, plus DU and Lucky draws inbetween. This game has been brutal lately when it comes to saving mythril, it feels like every single banner has something I really want now.

Personally, I think unless you're hurting for Synergy or elemental coverage, Rikku's USB is great, but more of a luxury than a gamechanger, as it's not that hard to duplicate a lot of it. The real OP poo poo is still to come, if you can hold out. Patience is a definite virtue right now. Plus, it's probably coming on a much better Superfest banner. I'm near 300 mythril right now myself and I'm basically planning on saving up for IV, V, 30th fest, and Marche Tactics.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Are these Darkness abilities from the Cloud event still useful if you don't bother with their whole "stronger when at a low Doom timer" gimmick, or should I just go ahead and smash them for orbs to hone my actually useful abilities?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

It looks like they're roughly equivalent to Dark Zone/Reaping Scythe, in that their damage is lackluster for a 5* ability if you can't satisfy their gimmicks but very good if you can. That said, Necrofear and Dwindling Spirit have a notably harder gimmick to achieve. So the only real benefit I can see to using Necrofear/Dwindling Spirit is for the hit count in case you're capping against an enemy, but in practice if you're doing so you've probably got better tools to throw around like OSBs/BSB commands/Cloud USB-boosted attacks.
  • Necrofear has magic potencies of 900/1200/1500 (for 3/4/5 hits at 300 per hit) with >20s Doom/6-20s Doom/5s Doom or less.
  • Dark Zone has magic potencies of 900/1350 (for 2 hits at 450/675 per hit) without/with Doom.
  • Morbid Countdown has magic potencies of 900/1500 (for 2 hits at 450/750 per hit) without/with Doom, but also lowers your counter by 3s.
  • Dwindling Spirit has physical potencies of 264/352/440 (for 3/4/5 hits at 88 per hit) with >20s Doom/6-20s Doom/5s Doom or less.
  • Reaping Scythe has physical potencies of 210/380 (for 2 hits at 105/195 per hit) without/with Doom.
Do any of the veterans have commentary to add here?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Sanguine cross and dark zone for basic darkness damage. The drain skills (melee one coming in the next ffxi event) are also really nice, and are usable when skipping the gimmick of the aforementioned skills.

Everything else is poo poo and to be ignored. Dropping doom timer faster for more damage cam be offset by casting darkzone one more time. The skills that up damage when doom timer is low should never be used cause your doom timer should never get low.

Dark zone and sanguine cross are getting buffed in the big 5* update jp is doing. Before that, I think in the ffxi event, sanguine cross is taking it's health loss from 1/4 health to 1/6. There will also be an insane 5 hit mele skill that drains 1/4 your health coming later, melee drain skill synchronizes nicely with that. Sanguine cross is still great, and at 1/6 hp loss it's pretty much gimmick less.

Edit:
Can I not do the jumpstart until I kill the the 250 version of tiamat?

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 8, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Necrofear is basically a finisher - say you Memento Mori, use both your Raines BSB RWs, boss is still standing. You'll have a few turns of Doom timer left and Necrofear could be a better move at that point than Dark Zone. Also works with Kuja BSB.

Dwindling Scythe is pretty trash.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, Sanguine Cross is worth crafting? I've always ignored it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Wait, Sanguine Cross is worth crafting? I've always ignored it.

It was originally pretty trash but it's gotten a few buffs. It's still one of those :emo: skills, but it's a lot more manageable now.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Needs some help with the 300 torment.

Initially had a RW wall build with which getting to the cure phase was trivial but killing him was impossible. Then I RW'd "heavy wind damage" with Meteor Shots:

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/mB5d (just imagine the RW being Meteor Shots)

So I get to the weak phase and RW Meteor Shots with Vaan and Ingus, Bahamut having double imperil then. Vessel of Fate active Fujin CMD 1 is doing ~10k total, Vaan and Ingus with Zack CMD1 are doing a a bit below. Then after each hit he heals for 8+k after Mind Breakdown. This ain't happening.

Looking at the team stats it seems the hybrid build ends up being too weak. Vaan probably needs to stay to dull its damage but should I replace Ingus with a mage, Cloud of Darkness (SSB)? Have her carry the skill Faith to further buff magic and RW what, Alph BSB? I'd think there's something that can be done but I'm really unfamiliar with big numbers strategies having always relied on quantity over quality.

Or just throw in the towel and level the III crew to 99 and try again when it comes back?

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I tried blitzing D300 Bahamut with Cloud, Zack and Zidane and an RW windchain. It was fun, but I'd need to squeeze in another source of mblink or Last Stand for it to work. OK had hastega/boostga/fullbreak/shellga, Eiko had protectga and her USB to keep everyone else afloat through the Megaflares. If she had, like, two more SB charges, I think I could pull it off without ridiculous RNG luck.

Watching the three of them slap Bahamut around for 9999 each hit was pretty great though.

I forgot that this is a Torment fight and will come back! I feel better now about putting it on the backburner. I'm pretty dang sure if I can ever get a native Wall that I could do it without having to rely on Bahamut being nice about when he casts Megaflare. Turn 2 Megaflare or 3 MFs back to back is just rude.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I never got around to doing Curada and Affliction break nightmares. Is there anything that was added since then to make them easier

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I never got around to doing Curada and Affliction break nightmares. Is there anything that was added since then to make them easier

Bunch of White Mage and Support bursts and ultra soul breaks. Nightmares really aren't up to speed with current power creep anymore.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Alright, (somewhat) noob question:

I've played the game for a while now and it's pretty fun. However, I seem to have hit a wall difficulty-wise. I can handle most stuff up to 120-130 or thereabouts without much trouble, but anything above that just murders me. I assume I'll need a full party of lvl99s to even think about progressing, but the only way to get MC3 lodes seem to be the ultimate battles in each event, and those are usually around 160 and I get steamrolled when trying. I got two free MC3s (can't remember from where), so I used them on the characters that I unlocked the most SB's for (Sephiroth and Lightning, specifically). Right now I'm just basically blazing my way through events and picking upp eggs and MC1s and 2s until I hit the higher difficulties. Are there any good ways to progress past this point?
I've crafted a few 5-star abilities, but they don't seem to make that much of a difference in the harder fights.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
The way to progress past that difficulty is stacking mitigation. Get that Protectga and Shellga online. RW Sentinel's Grimoire/Stoneskin II (aka Wall). Craft and use Full Break, Magic Breakdown and Power Breakdown.

If you're already doing all that post your setup and what fight you have trouble with and let's go to more detail.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Comrade Koba posted:

Alright, (somewhat) noob question:

I've played the game for a while now and it's pretty fun. However, I seem to have hit a wall difficulty-wise. I can handle most stuff up to 120-130 or thereabouts without much trouble, but anything above that just murders me. I assume I'll need a full party of lvl99s to even think about progressing, but the only way to get MC3 lodes seem to be the ultimate battles in each event, and those are usually around 160 and I get steamrolled when trying. I got two free MC3s (can't remember from where), so I used them on the characters that I unlocked the most SB's for (Sephiroth and Lightning, specifically). Right now I'm just basically blazing my way through events and picking upp eggs and MC1s and 2s until I hit the higher difficulties. Are there any good ways to progress past this point?
I've crafted a few 5-star abilities, but they don't seem to make that much of a difference in the harder fights.

140+ is where the real meat of the game really starts.

Firstly, don't worry about level 99 stuff. That is in no way a requirement for advancing at this stage. Health from having higher levels is nice, but the bulk of your stats will still come from gear. The level cap of 80 is pretty comfortable to use even in Diff 200+ content. Secondly, soul breaks are king in this game. Always be using the characters you have with the best soul breaks, especially Burst Soul Breaks, Ultra Soul Breaks and Overflow Soul breaks. Everything else (currently even most 1-5* abilities) are secondary to having a balanced party all equipped with good soul breaks.

That being said, there are non-Soul Break things you need to be doing to progress in to harder content.

1) Have a balanced party: The recommended basic setup is 1 healer, 1 support (stat debuffer) and then three characters that focus on dealing damage. This is no way set in stone, but it's the basics to start out with. You will hit a wall eventually, if you neglect heals and debuffs. This leads to...

2) Have multiple ways to mitigate damage: FFRK endgame is all about reducing enemy damage enough, that you can actually survive the barrage of damage that bosses that can throw at you. At a base level this means having a White Mage or Bard apply Shellga and/or Protectga on the entire party, using a Support to debuff enemy Attack or Magic with Breakdowns (the 4* support skills) and Full Break (5* support skill), and further debuff stats with soul breaks. You can stack debuffs, as long as they don't affect the exact same stats. So two different skills that do -Atk and -Atk would no stack, but a -Atk and a -Atk/-Mag would. You can keep throwing debuffs on a boss as long as all the stat combinations remain unique. On top of that, you can use a Roaming Warrior to summon Tyro's (protagonist) Sentinel Grimoire, or Y'shtola's Stoneskin II. The buff your Def & Rest by 200%, and are a huge boon in survivability.

Just keep in mind that almost all buffs and debuffs eventually run out, and most do not have visual indicators. Get in the habit of refreshing buffs and debuffs periodically. You'll get a feel for the timings.

3) Kill Fast: You can't neglect offense either. The best way to boost yours is to use a Hastega, a party wide Haste boost. Everyone takes actions faster, meaning more damage and faster heals, soul break gain, etc. Usually Hastega effects are also paired with things like +Atk% or +Mag% boosts, or both, further increasing damage. Look for things like Ramza's Shout (+50% Atk, Haste) for a physical team, Onion Knight's Vessel of Fate (+30% Atk, +30% Mag, Haste) for mixed teams, etc. Same stacking rules apply here as well, so you can stack stat buffs as long as they don't effect identical stat sets. Shout and Vessel of Fate would stack, because the other is +Atk and the other +Atk/Mag.

4) Build up soul breaks fast: Like I mentioned, Soul Breaks are the most important thing in this game, so you want to use things that make you get either more soul breaks, or get them active faster. Both Cloud and Tyro have a Record Materia that lets you start a fight with one free Soul Break bar. This is massively important for getting vital buffs up right at the start of a fight. Ramza and Tidus have RM's that make you gain more SB bar when using skills, also very good. Finally Combat 4* users have access to Lifesiphon, an attack that makes you gain more SB gauge. And Support 4* gets you Wrath, a skill that builds up bar but without damage. (It also gives you a piddly +3% attack, which may overwrite better buffs to just +Atk, so people mostly use Wrath on caster types)

That's just kind of a rough overview, though. It'll be easier to give pointers if you could tell what kind of teams you've been running, what soul breaks and abilities you have access to, etc. Are you having trouble with some specific boss right now?

Attestant fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 8, 2017

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

In a 5* buff world future should I hone Meltdown to R2 or wait for more specifics from JP code?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

djfooboo posted:

In a 5* buff world future should I hone Meltdown to R2 or wait for more specifics from JP code?

Wait until next week at least. The buffs are happening then, and we'll probably get a good amount of details then.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Attestant posted:

That's just kind of a rough overview, though. It'll be easier to give pointers if you could tell what kind of teams you've been running, what soul breaks and abilities you have access to, etc. Are you having trouble with some specific boss right now?

That's really informative, thanks a bunch! :)

Alright, so here's what I usually run the difficult battles with:

Support: Ramza (with USB) lv80. Full Break, Revive
Alternate support: Faris (2 different USB's) lv80. I use Faris for fights when the boss can't be hit by melee, since I have one of her bows upgraded to 6 stars

DPS: Sephiroth (with BSB, SSB) lv91. Usually goes with Lifesiphon, and Weapon Breakdown or Armor Breakdown
DPS 2: Lightning (with BSB, SSB, Overstrike SB). lv83. Lifesiphon, Pound

Alternate DPS: Zell (with BSB, SSB) lv80. Usually Meteor Crush, Piercing Strike

DPS/Support: Beatrix (with BSB, SSB). lv80. Shellga, Slowga (or Curaga if extra healing is needed)

Healer: Aeris (with BSB, USB) lv80. Protectga, Curaja

Other max-level guys with non-default SBs:

Edge (SSB)
Gogo (BSB, SSB)
Gilgamesh (BSB, SSB)
Cloud (SSB)
Red XIII (USB)
Cid (SSB)
Squall (BSB)
Freya (SSB)
Delita (SSB)
Exdeath (USB)
Rinoa (BSB)

5-star abilities, no particular order:
Flare
Chain Waterga
Holy
Bahamut x2
Odin
Flare Strike
Full Break
Lightning Drive
Meteor Crush
Tempest Snipe
Dire Heal
Dwindling Spirit
Necrofear
Icicle Shot
Hell Thunder

Also, I can't find Hastega listed in the ability crafting menu, only the regular 3-star Haste. Do you have to unlock it somehow?

EDIT: I don't have a problem with a particular boss, all the 160 fights usually go the same way. I'm fine a few rounds, but usually when I've gotten the boss down to around 80% they start throwing around attacks that hit the entire party for 2-3K, or single-target attacks that one-shot most of my characters.

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jul 8, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Drop Revive on Ramza and give a Breakdown. With damage mitigation and being on top of your healing no one should ever die. It happens from time to time, but at that point you reset or keep going to kill the boss.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Quick notes:

Why the Revive? Ramza is probably better off holding another Breakdown because if you're losing guys you're bringing them back without any mitigation and they're likely going right back down again. It also frees up some of your better units.

Sephiroth is a Samurai, and you can boost his ATK even higher with Hailstorm, a 5* Samurai ability.

I don't actually know what the ability "Pound" is. So I'm going to assume you can improve your loadout by removing it. Does Lightning have her BSB1 or BSB2 (the imperil?)

It looks like you mostly have a lot of really good pieces, but theres no big synergy with what you're doing. When you say Cid SSB, do you mean Cid VII? And do you mean Pilot's Steel (shout), and that gives you a hastega and +50% ATK that stacks with Ramza? Because you might want to use that instead of Ramza USB if you're oriented towards Physical. If you're struggling a bigger boostga and a hastega package is going to help you a lot more than a few instantcasts.

Also, uh, are you talking about JP? Because you have listed relics Exdeath USB and 2 Faris USB that don't exist yet in Global. Unless you're talking about Unique relics, which are kind of the bottom rung. Ultra Soul Breaks, which is most commonly written as USB, are the current top ones.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Quick notes:

Why the Revive? Ramza is probably better off holding another Breakdown because if you're losing guys you're bringing them back without any mitigation and they're likely going right back down again. It also frees up some of your better units.

Old RPG habits die hard, I guess. I don't use it much, so replacing it is probably a good idea.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I don't actually know what the ability "Pound" is. So I'm going to assume you can improve your loadout by removing it. Does Lightning have her BSB1 or BSB2 (the imperil?)

Pound just does physical damage, it hasn't ever been a lifesaver but it does more damage than normal attacks.
Lightning has Thunderfall (OSB), Focused Bolts (BSB) and Crushing Blow (SSB)

Cinnamon Bear posted:

It looks like you mostly have a lot of really good pieces, but theres no big synergy with what you're doing. When you say Cid SSB, do you mean Cid VII? And do you mean Pilot's Steel (shout), and that gives you a hastega and +50% ATK that stacks with Ramza?

Sorry, should've specified it's Cid VII. The SSB is Big Brawl.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Also, uh, are you talking about JP? Because you have listed relics Exdeath USB and 2 Faris USB that don't exist yet in Global. Unless you're talking about Unique relics, which are kind of the bottom rung. Ultra Soul Breaks, which is most commonly written as USB, are the current top ones.

Whoops, I did mean Unique SB's. Forgot about Ultra ones. :v:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Comrade Koba posted:

Pound just does physical damage, it hasn't ever been a lifesaver but it does more damage than normal attacks.
Lightning has Thunderfall (OSB), Focused Bolts (BSB) and Crushing Blow (SSB)

Outside of Entrust shenanigans, your best bet is probably going to be to only use the BSB. That lays down an imperil that makes the enemy take more Lightning damage. It also gives you commands so you won't have to worry too much about your ability hones. But if you can dive Lightning to Spellblade 5, you can toss on Thundering Twinstrike and she'll get some work done. It'll hit harder, and more importantly, hit twice (and later on (~6 months ish) gets buffed to hit 4 times).

quote:

Whoops, I did mean Unique SB's. Forgot about Ultra ones. :v:

So does that mean you have Ramza's unique and not USB? If you just have Tailwind its serviceable but you might be better off with Faris as far as support/debuffing goes. If you have the USB you should probably keep him around for the sweet buffs.

Also, which Squall BSB do you have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

So does that mean you have Ramza's unique and not USB? If you just have Tailwind its serviceable but you might be better off with Faris as far as support/debuffing goes. If you have the USB you should probably keep him around for the sweet buffs.

Also, which Squall BSB do you have?

That's right, it's just Tailwind on Ramza. As for Squall, he's got Lions Roar.

• Locked thread