Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

KomradeX posted:

Seriously they posted a video of them going to the cops. I figured it was at lat a video showing a beating

the best part is they probably didn't arrest anyone because the guy making the report was black

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Al! posted:

the best part is they probably didn't arrest anyone because the guy making the report was black

A black man got into a fist fight with a white woman. That kid is lucky to be alive.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Montasque posted:

A black man got into a fist fight with a white woman. That kid is lucky to be alive.

Proving yet again there's no justice in the world

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Montasque posted:

*sweating and nodding really fast* yeah that's, that's what happened

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

pretty accurate

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

siding with the cops is the new punk

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

siding with the cops is the new punk

being the cops is punkest of all

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/883336902321065985

you never go full meme

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
:siren:GBS :smug:IRONIC:smug: RACISM TYME!!!:siren:

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 18:03 on Jul 7, 2017

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/jacksmithiv/status/883342301724061696

https://twitter.com/jacksmithiv/status/883343125674176512

https://twitter.com/jacksmithiv/status/883345036217286656

https://twitter.com/jacksmithiv/status/883352443286945792

https://twitter.com/jacksmithiv/status/883353310589308929

https://twitter.com/jacksmithiv/status/883356049738256385

https://twitter.com/jacksmithiv/status/883363106533060612

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

sa was making fun of 9/11 before that twink was out of diapers

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

weaponize autism

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So in this Nazi Discord channel I've been scanning, one person mentions they run a 30-person alt-right group between Austin and San Antonio.

I'm guessing these are the thugs who've been giving my left-wing friends in Austin some problems. Also the number came as a surprise to me that it's that big. I used to live in that area and am pretty familiar with it, and it surprised me as I'm in DFW (around six million people), which can be quite conservative, but where organized neo-Nazi activity seems pretty minimal.

I've got a theory though so I've made a map:

So the name for this region is the Hill Country, which is distinct because it's the traditional Texas-German region. It's also, as the name fits, very hilly starting west of the Balcones Fault. (The faultline actually runs just to the west of I-35, but it reads more clearly where I drew it on the map slightly more to the east. You get the picture, though.) The hills inhibit development, so the Hill Country west of the fault line remains very rural.

The region is also a white enclave and is whiter (mainly west of the fault, east is Hispanic) than many parts of rural Texas. At the same time, development is rushing in, pincer-like, from Austin and San Antonio. With comes development comes a more diverse population and a very-rapidly growing Hispanic population in particular.

I think the region's German heritage is another reason why. There aren't many German speakers left, but its German-ness is why it was a Unionist area during the Civil War. It's a right-wing arch-Republican bastion now, and you'll see neo-Confederate stuff in there, but I think the Confederate stuff is less prevalent than in East Texas, which is more generally Dixie-like and where you'll see more battle flags being flown from houses. That's just a guess though.

But adding it all up, the region has a white youth population which is more amenable to a Nazi ideology that promotes a siege-like mentality.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 18:35 on Jul 7, 2017

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
lol who's surprised that Texas is full of nazis

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

sa was making fun of 9/11 before that twink was out of diapers

Tribute.avi is the best thing SA ever did

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bip Roberts posted:

lol who's surprised that Texas is full of nazis
One of the things about living in a redneck town (or a redneck state) is that everyone believes the next town over contains all the real toothless rednecks -- unlike us! And for this, I will point to Louisiana.

But yeah. Pot meet kettle.

coathat
May 21, 2007

THere are way more new nazis in Dallas than in the fuckign hill country

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/sarahpalinusa/status/883271897605185536

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

coathat posted:

THere are way more new nazis in Dallas than in the fuckign hill country
Used to be a big racist skinhead town. They're lovely at organizing though.

otoh Richard Spencer is from Dallas.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Apparently the youngcons article had "14 words" in the title at some point so it's not just palin adding it.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
So I was watching some of bill buckley's old show eps (where he interviewed chomsky and Huey newton) and I was like holy poo poo JonTron and SargonOfAkkad are gonna be the new Buckley

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/vicbergeriv/status/883431056938020866

lookth like the thales of gorilla mindthet aren't doing well

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Bobblehead Mindset

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

maga branded fidget spinners are quite parsimonious, let's be real

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
:lol: at all these white nationalist fucks who thinks that the antifa kids are just centrist dems

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Race Realists posted:

:lol: at all these white nationalist fucks who thinks that the antifa kids are just centrist dems

Lmao, what? Who, where, how are they reaching this conclusion?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the maga fidget spinner is the most 2017 thing yet

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Race Realists posted:

tbf liberal and communist are the same thing in the minds of the alt right

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

to also be fair, some of those commies think anarchists and liberals are the same thing too

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

just for different stupid reasons

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
The right thinks Democrats are communists, the left thinks Republicans are nazis, what else is new.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

SpaceGoku posted:

maga branded fidget spinners are quite parsimonious, let's be real
I'd give it a week before there's a swastika shaped one out there.

edit:
Welp.

InequalityGodzilla has issued a correction as of 00:41 on Jul 8, 2017

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I'd give it a week before there's a swastika shaped one out there.

edit:
Welp.

Really couldn't push it up to a $14.88 price point, huh

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Rare Color Footage Of Black Wall Street!

quote:

In 1921, Tulsa, Oklahoma’s Greenwood District, known as Black Wall Street, was one of the most prosperous African-American communities in the United States. But on May 31 of that year, the Tulsa Tribune reported that a black man, Dick Rowland, attempted to rape a white woman, Sarah Page. Whites in the area refused to wait for the investigative process to play out, sparking two days of unprecedented racial violence. Thirty-five city blocks went up in flames, 300 people died, and 800 were injured. Defense of white female virtue was the expressed motivation for the collective racial violence.

Accounts vary on what happened between Page and Rowland in the elevator of the Drexel Building. Yet as a result of the Tulsa Tribune’s racially inflammatory report, black and white armed mobs arrived at the courthouse. Scuffles broke out, and shots were fired. Since the blacks were outnumbered, they headed back to Greenwood. But the enraged whites were not far behind, looting and burning businesses and homes along the way.

the comments are exactly what you'd expect.

why do sites even use Disqus anymore? its almost the exclusive domain for mouthbreathing reactionaries

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol. jesus. seems the young republicans can smell the change in the air and are starting to dog whistle more openly now.

Zikan posted:

https://twitter.com/vicbergeriv/status/883431056938020866

lookth like the thales of gorilla mindthet aren't doing well

nice. i listned to the new chapo episode that had his audio book. holy poo poo his voice is awful.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al! posted:

to also be fair, some of those commies think anarchists and liberals are the same thing too

because you're both worthless

Race Realists posted:

the comments are exactly what you'd expect.

why do sites even use Disqus anymore? its almost the exclusive domain for mouthbreathing reactionaries

quote:

Comments will only be displayed by verified emails. No Spamming or Racism.

lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

because you're both worthless

lmao

ya sure and one day you'll do enough homework to unlock the secret of class consciousness

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al! posted:

ya sure and one day you'll do enough homework to unlock the secret of class consciousness

Maybe if they had done their homework there'd still be a Free Territory in Ukraine :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Maybe if they had done their homework there'd still be a Free Territory in Ukraine :smug:

sure when you have enough starving peasants holding sticks with pistols pointed at the back of their heads, you can achieve anything