Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Neogaf is saying the dlc2 is going to take place after the end of the main story. I'll still play the poo poo out of it but I was hoping for a rogue one style game set 100 years before the game when everything went to poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

EpicNemesis posted:

Neogaf is saying the dlc2 is going to take place after the end of the main story. I'll still play the poo poo out of it but I was hoping for a rogue one style game set 100 years before the game when everything went to poo poo.

I choose to believe you are talking about Splatoon.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

There's a lot of Under Construction poo poo in the splatoon plaza and I hope all of it gets removed at release, I expected a much bigger hub plaza than the first game.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ten thousand years ago, humanity died out due to global warming. Ocean levels rose, the world got warmer, Squids and Octopi crawled out of the ocean and evolved to become the new sapient species.

And found Judd frozen in a stasis pod, preserved by his kindly human scientist owner in the last days of Mankind. Judd Jr. is a complete mystery to everyone.

Like, Ashley Judd? Judd Nelson? What sort of Judd we talking here?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Judd is the fat cat

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Wendell posted:

Like, Ashley Judd? Judd Nelson? What sort of Judd we talking here?

He's the cat mascot that tells you who won.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Housh posted:

As we prepare for Splatoon 2, I wonder if an ethernet adapter worthwhile on the Switch. Have they been tested and is there a particular recommended model?

The old official Wii LAN Adapter works fine. If you want 10/100/1000 the new official HORI Switch LAN Adapter is an option.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And found Judd frozen in a stasis pod, preserved by his kindly human scientist owner in the last days of Mankind. Judd Jr. is a complete mystery to everyone.

King Pimp Judd be getting his gently caress on :getin:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Like Bowser, Judd reproduces asexually

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

mrEkli posted:

They're probably talking about the mobile version. To be fair, for the phone version, it's touch controls work better than 80% of games out there. There is no touch on the Switch one. It's a good port with better button controls and the moves changed a bit since it's two buttons instead of one for attacks now. So you have dialed combos instead of Morse code style of DMC.

Woops yeah maybe I was a little bit confusing there, I was talking about an iOS review for the game. Hearing someone say a touch screen analog stick is brilliant messed me up too much to make any sense

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Is Lego City Undercover a good port? I scored a Switch on Amazon today and want something to play. Already beat Zelda on the Wii U.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

GreenNight posted:

Is Lego City Undercover a good port? I scored a Switch on Amazon today and want something to play. Already beat Zelda on the Wii U.

its a terrible port and a boring game.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I find that hard to believe that it's a boring game with all the good reviews out for it.

Shrug, maybe Disgaea 5 then.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

GreenNight posted:

I find that hard to believe that it's a boring game with all the good reviews out for it.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Mercury Crusader posted:

The old official Wii LAN Adapter works fine. If you want 10/100/1000 the new official HORI Switch LAN Adapter is an option.

Pretty much any old 10-20 dollar USB Ethernet adapter will work. I got mine off monoprice

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

GreenNight posted:

Disgaea 5 owns! I've been playing the poo poo out of it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Disgaea games are very good for handheld play

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

Because it's design is meant to appeal to 8 year olds.

And 80 year olds

And everybody

Except jerks

Spellman
May 31, 2011

i do not let my grandfather play such games

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus

GreenNight posted:

I think that the problem with LCU is that it's not based on anything other than Lego itself. All the other Lego games (which I adore!) have you unlocking famous characters - DC, Marvel, Potter et al - whereas this just has you unlocking "builder," "robber," "farmer" and the like.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Ohtsam posted:

Pretty much any old 10-20 dollar USB Ethernet adapter will work. I got mine off monoprice

I was looking out for those among us old enough to remember the dreaded "third-party controller" for the N64/PS1-era or before.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Lego City was a great game on Wii U aside from glacial loading times. It's a Lego GTA with an insane amount of stuff to do

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Good to hear. I got like six gift cards from the Best Buy laptop trade in, so maybe I'll just get both.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Neo Turf Masters. The greatest game recommendation.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/883283823307497472

Link's got a lobster and he's got a magnet

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GreenNight posted:

Maybe don't listen to one of the threads biggest trolls. Game is fun, no idea how the port is though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Another week without NBA Playgrounds getting online or even communication from the dev. lol I wouldn't be shocked if free Shaq Fu and online never happen.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

NBA Jam Tournament Edition would be perfect for the Switch

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Bloop posted:

And 80 year olds

And everybody

Except jerks

This includes pedos right?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Spacebump posted:

Another week without NBA Playgrounds getting online or even communication from the dev. lol I wouldn't be shocked if free Shaq Fu and online never happen.

So glad I waited until someone else bought this. Seems like a real stinker.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Maybe don't listen to one of the threads biggest trolls. Game is fun, no idea how the port is though.

I didn't know. Only read the last 5 pages or so. Thanks for the info.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

VideoGames posted:

Neo Turf Masters. The greatest game recommendation.

Reported. (Last one I promise)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Beastie posted:

So what the heck is the lore for Splatoon? Squids vs Octopuses because why?

The players of the last game got to vote for their favorite squid idol and then apparently it caused the duo to break up and be replaced by squid Beyoncé and squid Golum

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

they should include a bunny hat that speeds you up at all hours instead of just a night

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

This includes pedos right?

I mean isn't that really for you to answer?

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

The octopi are invading because of limb envy

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just bought a 2nd Switch. Gonna be playing couples Splatoon in a few weeks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Splatoon has more interesting lore than literally every other multiplayer shooter. I hope they bring back the weird artifacts with the WW1-esque drawings in 2.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Splatoon has more interesting lore than literally every other multiplayer shooter. I hope they bring back the weird artifacts with the WW1-esque drawings in 2.

I have a deep emotional relationship with the Unreal Tournament L O R E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Just bought a 2nd Switch.

why

• Locked thread