Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

CmdrRiker posted:

Jesus Christ, people. They're not loving back peddling anything. They don't want to be creatively tied up in the ongoing poo poo show of Trump's presidency that is already over saturating the media. Try to read beyond a purposely triggering headline and imagine people as complex human beings.

Ah yes, this is definitely a principled creative decision and not because they're loving spineless chodes.

gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

I sincerely hope whoever directs the nuclear subs in the military moved them all after Trump's last briefing on their locations.
Why would anyone ever even bother discussing it with putin? He is never going to admit it, he has zero reason to, there is no benefit to it. The chaos it would cause would be shortlived and then he'd have a country(and world, since admitting he did it to the us would basically be admitting the same for many other elections) united against russia.

"But he said my hair was good and I'm a big strong boy and everyone respects me, and he just seems so nice and honest. I believe him! Time to go home and fire everyone involved in this russia investigation since I got to the bottom of it and it turns out Russia didn't do it. " - T-dawg, probably

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
House of Cards keeps being less believable every season and yet even they'd reject a story arc like this.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCSteveR/status/883379962526539778

Tillerson lied, Trump didn't "press" Putin on the hacking, he only brought it up to say he thought that Russia didn't do it

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Aves Maria! posted:

Ah yes, this is definitely a principled creative decision and not because they're loving spineless chodes.

gently caress off.
Why not both?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Trump and Putin sitting in a tree

P

I

S

S

I

N

G

Seriously this is only so that Trump can come back and say "totally cleared up the election thing guys, if you bring it up again its because you are a low IQ hater"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

aware of dog posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCSteveR/status/883379962526539778

Tillerson lied, Trump didn't "press" Putin on the hacking, he only brought it up to say he thought that Russia didn't do it

:sad: Some people say you hacked our election
:ussr: We both knows thats fake news
:sad: Did you hear about how bigly I won my election?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/883382718008098816

Considering there was only one "administration official" in the room.....

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Orgasmo is one of the greatest movies in the history of American cinema

Hell I even unironically liked Baseketball but I think that's because I always had a soft spot for mashing up sports

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

I can't read this without imagining the smirk on Putin's face as he suggested it.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

farraday posted:

Come on, this could only be Tillerson or Trump himself. Why even bother pushing back on this, Trump has repeatedly and publicly stated that he doesn't believe Russia hacked the election.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

farraday posted:

It's like that puzzle where one person always lies and the other always tells the truth, but you don't know which is which. Except both of them are liars.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Aves Maria! posted:

gently caress off.

Read carefully. I'm not denying that they're loving spineless chodes. I'm asserting that it's reasonable to believe flexible creative decisions are a huge driver of what kind of content they produce.

gently caress on!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CmdrRiker posted:

Jesus Christ, people. They're not loving back peddling anything. They don't want to be creatively tied up in the ongoing poo poo show of Trump's presidency that is already over saturating the media. Try to read beyond a purposely triggering headline and imagine people as complex human beings.

It could be that people have considered their opinions over time and have come to the conclusion that those two morons are the epitome of "perhaps....... both sides... are wrong?" level discourse, which is actually basic pattern recognition and not a knee-jerk to the "triggering" headline.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I can't wait for the Russian media to leak the full details of the conversation. :allears:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Aves Maria! posted:

gently caress off.

What? Given that every piece of media is absolutely (and rightly) saturated in political discourse right now, doesn't it seem like a completely reasonable decision to choose to diversify which subjects they cover? Especially when you consider how absolutely ridiculous reality has already become.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://mobile.twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/883382014635913217

Even the best case scenario they're giving is:

"Did you hack the election?"

"What proof is there that we did?"

"Idk, just forget about it"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

CmdrRiker posted:

Read carefully. I'm not denying that they're loving spineless chodes. I'm asserting that it's reasonable to believe flexible creative decisions are a huge driver of what kind of content they produce.

gently caress on!

it likely has far more to do with their current viewership being either uncaring of trump or active maga red hat fucks than creative decisions.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Their last season was nonstop election stuff and very creatively draining. They don't want to make "The Trump show" for four years.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Snuffman posted:

I can't wait for the Russian media to leak the full details of the conversation. :allears:

Barring footage we'll never know for sure, since no one in the meeting is a reliable source.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

CmdrRiker posted:

gently caress on!

It's interesting that suddenly they care about the creative integrity of the show now after spending years making GBS threads on just about any famous person they could. "Over-saturation" never stopped them from offering their profound opinions on every other controversy/controversial figure.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

Bicyclops posted:

It could be that people have considered their opinions over time and have come to the conclusion that those two morons are the epitome of "perhaps....... both sides... are wrong?" level discourse, which is actually basic pattern recognition and not a knee-jerk to the "triggering" headline.

Basic pattern recognition would ultimately be explored to its logical conclusion that headlines elicit an initial controversial reaction in order to entice or outrage someone about the bigger story.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Parker/Stone have some legit good things they've done that are funny but anything they do that touches politics is the dumbest poo poo imaginable

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

There Bias Two posted:

What? Given that every piece of media is absolutely (and rightly) saturated in political discourse right now, doesn't it seem like a completely reasonable decision to choose to diversify which subjects they cover? Especially when you consider how absolutely ridiculous reality has already become.

This doesn't gel with literally any other decision they've made in the past.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Loucks posted:

Barring footage we'll never know for sure, since no one in the meeting is a reliable source.

Harsh words for the American translator.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Their last season was nonstop election stuff and very creatively draining. They don't want to make "The Trump show" for four years.

That's totally fair, but remember when they made an entire TV series about Bush?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Invalid Validation posted:

I wonder if Bush is delighted that people are starting to collectively move over all their republican hate to Trump.

He's unofficially quoted as musing that he would be the "Last Republican President" at the convention in 2016. He's pretty down on the party and seems glad to beat up the new safety-monkey with the rest of us.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

skylined! posted:

it likely has far more to do with their current viewership being either uncaring of trump or active maga red hat fucks than creative decisions.

I can't dispute that, but that claim seems highly unlikely.

Aves Maria! posted:

It's interesting that suddenly they care about the creative integrity of the show now after spending years making GBS threads on just about any famous person they could. "Over-saturation" never stopped them from offering their profound opinions on every other controversy/controversial figure.

I would say less about "creative integrity" and more "creative freedom." It's reasonable to still see hints of contemporary issues surface in their programs, but feel less pressure to ensure they're written in somehow.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Fitzy Fitz posted:

That's totally fair, but remember when they made an entire TV series about Bush?
I remember it being cancelled in less than two months.

edit: nevermind, it looks like it was conceived as a short-run series.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

farraday posted:

Harsh words for the American translator.

Speaking of whom, can you imagine the incredible pressure of having to translate Trumpglish for Putin at this point in history?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

mdemone posted:

Hell I even unironically liked Baseketball but I think that's because I always had a soft spot for mashing up sports

Baseketball was amazing

But that may have more to do with the Zucker Bros than P/S as creative forces, I feel like they were basically just clowns for hire

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Snuffman posted:

I think you mean "I can't wait for Obama (who was recording the conversation secretly) to leak the full details of the conversation to the LYING FAKE NEWS!" :smuggo:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fitzy Fitz posted:

For like 12 episodes. And comedy Central already has a whole Trump show.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

Aves Maria! posted:

This doesn't gel with literally any other decision they've made in the past.

Uh, what? Is there anything to even compare? South Park routinely takes inspiration from whatever the hot topic is in the media, but they don't burn themselves out over it. There are plenty of other controversial topics circulating around that are constantly eclipsed by Trump politics. There is all kinds of ridiculous poo poo in the media that ripe for parody.

CmdrRiker fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 7, 2017

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/SarahPalinUSA/status/883271897605185536

John McCain will be remembered fondly.

Because twitter is being stupid.

Sarah Palin former Vice Presidential Candidate 2008: Trump Gives Speech to the People of Poland, Says 14 Words That Leave Americans Stunned

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 7, 2017

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah, and how well did that turn out? It's almost like they're learning from past experiences. Must be because they're Trump rear end kissing sellouts.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

She just goes out of her way to use the phrase "14 words" even though the article doesn't, and Trump didn't.

Amazing, amazing.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

CmdrRiker posted:

Uh, what? Is there anything to even compare? South Park routinely takes inspiration from whatever the hot topic is in the media, but they don't burn themselves out over it. There are plenty of other controversial topics circulating around that are constantly eclipsed by Trump politics. There are all kinds of ridiculous poo poo in the media that ripe for parody.

There have been plenty of other controversial topics circulating for years now that were ripe for parody, but they still forayed into politics to occasionally make a dumb Obama/Bush/Kerry/Clinton joke. I'm kind of at a loss why suddenly they decided to change course now that Trump is in office and is the focus of the controversy. Well, I would be if I didn't have prior knowledge that they're awful human beings.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, any doubt in my mind is gone now. The Republicans and Trump are fully willing to let America become subservient to Russia for personal benefit. Any of them who don't immediately fight back are traitors to America and to humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CmdrRiker posted:

I would say less about "creative integrity" and more "creative freedom." It's reasonable to still see hints of contemporary issues surface in their programs, but feel less pressure to ensure they're written in somehow.

These are the people who've literally made a career out of doing ripped-from-the-headlines beating-a-dead-horse jokes. They literally created a show called "That's My Bush" in case you forgot. The idea that now, suddenly, they don't want to be doing that for creative freedom is pretty unbelievable.

• Locked thread