Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
e: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Everyone in Ballroom has terrifically long necks.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Battleborn no Youkoso

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Battleborn no Youkoso

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Space Flower posted:

ep 1 was super pretty

thats great, maybe say what show it is

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

made in abyss

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Astro Ambulance posted:

thats great, maybe say what show it is

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
How do you do those reverse image searches, anyway?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lol if you don't follow anime closely enough to recognize all the new shows before you even watch them

RME
Feb 20, 2012

if you use chrome you can just right click an image and itll be right under copy link address

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RME posted:

if you use chrome you can just right click an image and itll be right under copy link address
And lol if you still use Firefox.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
DAT STARE, THO. :blush:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Space Flower posted:

ep 1 was super pretty

why didn't i listen to everyone i knew who recommended this manga over the years because damnit, this is 200% my jam...

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

also the music was really good and haunting i bet it's going to absolutely destroy emotions later on with some of that

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Is Made in Abyss going to have a complete ending or will it end with a But Our Fight Continues?

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

an actual dog posted:

Is Gainax even going to be around in 2020?

When the Earth, the Moon and the Sun are all gone, Gainax will exist, so long as one franchise remains. It'll be lonely, but as long as one franchise still lives...

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

When the Earth, the Moon and the Sun are all gone, Gainax will exist, so long as one franchise remains. It'll be lonely, but as long as one franchise still lives...
Are they still making money off Evangelion? Wasn't the whole lawsuit with Anno/Studio Khara about Evangelion's IP?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Is that the really cool sounding historical one?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
everyone please remember as made in abyss moves forward that it is a story written by the character designer of Elebits

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What am I supposed to be remembering about that. Seems like a good thing?

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

The Colonel posted:

everyone please remember as made in abyss moves forward that it is a story written by the character designer of Elebits

Elebits was a deeply flawed game but the character designs weren't why.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i just think it's funny to look back on, considering how hosed up made in abyss is supposed to get

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Is that the really cool sounding historical one?

yes

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Altair's already out?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

kater posted:

What am I supposed to be remembering about that. Seems like a good thing?

hey everyone a reminder that artists sometimes adapt and change, and sometimes they dont!

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
18if is pretty visually ambitious but the narrative is a bit incoherent and it was somewhat boring despite looking interesting. like a mediocre flip flappers. it may have potential, or might be wildly uneven since its supposedly doing the thing with a different director and i think screenwriter for each episode with relative autonomy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Netflix animes are hardcore

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gently caress poo poo blood poo poo

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

gently caress poo poo blood poo poo

call your doctor if these symptoms persist

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wish upon the pleiades is an awesome show and ill make all of you fuckers watch it one day

the characters are likable and the animation is pretty good and i really like the character designs, plus it has a cute romance and a sweet message. it's just a really solid magical girl show and it never really feels weird like some other late night magical girl anime or like its trying too hard to be edgy, its actually really sincere and theres not any shock value gore or anything

people bitched about it and wrote it off 'cause of the car advertisement thing but all that really means is all the cars in the show are subarus and the main girl is named, subaru, and also there are some car noises when the girls transform. its a lot less intrusive than something like code geass where the plot would stop for minutes at a time so cc could say how good pizza hut was

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if i had a complaint it'd be that since it's a 13 episode anime with a 5 girl main team and a core romance with a sixth character a couple of the 'main' girls dont get much focus but that's fine imo, they function fine as supporting characters.

as far as sendoffs for gainax go, a really good, really colorful magical girl show with a nice romance seems kind of appropriate, evangelion aside.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
pleiades owns their brooms have car grills

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

But is she the best anime Subaru?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Motto posted:

call your doctor if these symptoms persist

Crohn's creature

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
takagi-san anime next year should be a nice diversion

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Ballroom felt like very, very by-the-book shonen with unusually high production quality. Seriously, I felt like I'd seen every single beat dozens of times before.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Ballroom felt like very, very by-the-book shonen with unusually high production quality. Seriously, I felt like I'd seen every single beat dozens of times before.

keep talking and ill show you a beat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
by-the-book competition shonen is one of the very finest pleasures in life

• Locked thread