Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I thought a month was enough time ahead to schedule a tattoo appt. It is not.

Going for a second place now but their web page is loving shambles and I don't know if I can trust someone who has a capcha without a loving box for the capcha to put loving ink in my skin.

My mom plays EVERY loving VIDEO on her Facebook feed with the speakers on full volume. At any point in the day I will hear some poo poo from Britain Has Talent to some stereotype 'welfare queen' denouncing 'dumb Americans.'

I went to Costco and bought a bunch of snacks to surprise her. Turns out she didn't really want any of them, and had only made a mark in the Costco ad to check out some loving pillows. Instead of everything else on the page that she's asked me to get in the past. $70 of loving beef jerky and coconut candy and poo poo and she barely said anything.

My rear end in a top hat neighbors set off fireworks in 30 minute intervals from 8pm till 11pm. I got about 4 hours of sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

We opened a new animal exhibit at work, and it's really hot right now too so it's really busy and I don't like it. I want it to rain so everyone gets scared away.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My alarm clock woke me in the middle of a vivid dream so I'm gonna be drowsy all morning. Great timing on the REM there Brain :bravo:!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Sweet As Sin posted:

I have never had a hot pocket. Are they good?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-i9GXbptog

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Can't stand when people pin their own tweet. Especially when it's old, like more than a year old.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Casual antisemitism, yayyyyyyy. And from someone I thought was better than that too :smith:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mikl posted:

Casual antisemitism, yayyyyyyy. And from someone I thought was better than that too :smith:

Your first mistake was expecting goodness out of someone. I think we've proven the only truly non prejudiced, flawless and accepting people are the goons here in PYF.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The train times on the site are just not the actual train times and the times listed on the wall schedule match neither so I'm sitting here like a loving lemon

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If I want to add money to my train pass through the web site it takes 4-5 days before it recognizes the money.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Tiggum posted:

I saw a mouse in my bathroom last night so I put down a couple of traps, and this morning the bait is gone but neither trap went off.

Are you a sleepwalker?

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I don't dislike my job but I do dislike coming into the office

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
Any website that claims my "experience will be better" if I disable my ad blocker. Who the gently caress do they think they're kidding? I don't understand how insulting their readers intelligence is supposed to help. Should have gone with the old-fashioned guilt trip.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Technically true for Forbes at least, since literally can't see any of the site without whitelisting them or doing some relatively complicated workarounds.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Noctone posted:

Technically true for Forbes at least, since literally can't see any of the site without whitelisting them or doing some relatively complicated workarounds.

There are some sites that hide desired functionality behind JavaScript that can get blocked by overzealous ad-blockers, too.

Edit: like Ancestry.com runs very poorly with uBlock and Privacy Badger both enabled. Some eBay sellers content won't load with them either. Hulu has been pretty good about it, so has Amazon.
And I disable uBlock for Something Awful like a good citizen.

Aleph Null has a new favorite as of 22:25 on Jul 7, 2017

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The new Spider-Man movie looks good, I like Spider-Man, and I know I'll come out of it entertained enough.

But there's this nebulous ~something~ that's making me :effort: about actually bothering to pick up tickets for me and my partner and actually going to see it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Our AC went out. Somehow my mom, home for an hour before I got home, didn't notice. The low tonight is 90*.

I told my mom the AC was out. She has spent the past 30 minutes screaming obscenities at the phone (yes yes I hate the loving automated system and am stuck on hold too) and screaming how hosed we are. Because somehow the house being 90* inside didn't hit her till I pointed out the temperature.

BobKnob
Jul 23, 2002

Vikings are pirates only cooler. Oh yeah not a furry.
I have leftover sushi. I don't feel like eating sushi right now. I don't want it to go to waste. The longer I wait, the more gross/spoiled it gets the less I want to eat it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My back hurts; midback. Like, I'm reasonably sure I've aggravated whatever pain I'm having by wabbling my spine in every direction for the last few hours.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Not quite a FWP but I can think of no better place - I hate when you laugh hard enough to actually physically hurt, because you (Or at least I) find it very hard to get in control. It's kind of interesting that the emotions seem to be on an inverse scale - Crying really hard feels drat good, possibly because (or so I read) some forms of tear contain a mild painkiller called leucine enkephalin, so I guess you basically cry so hard your body thinks something disastrous has happened and dopes you up just in case it needs to repair something. On the other hand Laughing really hard causes intense pain, probably because all your muscles are tensing up and it's hard to inhale so cramps are inevitable.

Certainly an interesting quirk of anatomy - the body rewards sorrow and punishes joy.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I was wrong. We had a rush of rain and wind, and the low last night was 95*. Every fan on blast. My mom got little sleep because she kept waking up to switch out her cool packs. I lived for two years without AC but loving Christ at least I had a swamp cooler.

So no AC, high is 115* today, no idea if a tech can service us till Monday, have to work Monday, am constipated, and period decided to start yesterday because why not.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I drank for the second time this year last night and forgot all about The Fear that comes the next day.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I was all jazzed to watch castlevania on Netflix but it's only 4 episodes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I was all jazzed to watch castlevania on Netflix but it's only 4 episodes.

Its been renewed for an 8 episode second season order, so if you travel to the future youll be half as dissapointed.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
I have too much clothes. I dont even dress great, I just always want to but never do. I was late to work today because I couldnt find my uniform shirt. I got home and stuffed two bags full to sell and donate, but I am drowning in clothes still and can't get over this dumb attachment I have to clothes. What is that? I know I could replace a lot of it, if I ever even missed it which doesnt happen, so why is it so difficult and so draining?

And Im also getting pressured hardcore into a job that pays way less hourly than my current one I love but cant live off, and new one gives double the hours I currently work and, after 6 weeks training, commission. But I dont really want to do it at all. But I dont want to tell the person who has gotten me an interview this. Everyone around me is saying do it. Why dont I want to? FWP big tears :wooper:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
don't do things just because other people tell you to, think about why they are telling you and analyse if it's actually worth it. If it isn't just tell them no :shrug:

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Mu Zeta posted:

If I want to add money to my train pass through the web site it takes 4-5 days before it recognizes the money.

drat that sucks, it only takes 24 hours here, which still kinda sucks. I want it instant, goddamn it!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I hope the ac was fixed. It was on all day yesterday getting the inside of the house from 90 to 83, and it was at 80 this morning and now at 85.

Looks like instead of constipation, I went the other way and ate too much fiber. So it feels like constipation at the end but everything piling up is more than ready to break the loving toilet.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

The free eye wipes I got from my optometrist make me uncomfortable because I don't like sticking things near my eyes.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I had to help my brother move today, which was generally unpleasant already, and afterwards I got a really bad headache that meds wouldn't fix. Took a nap, which didn't fix anything, and got super nauseous for a while.

I'm feeling better, but I'm still at 10% headache and 20% sick. I'd love to go to sleep, but I already know I have to wait so that I don't wake up at 4 in the morning.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

I had to help my brother move today, which was generally unpleasant already, and afterwards I got a really bad headache that meds wouldn't fix. Took a nap, which didn't fix anything, and got super nauseous for a while.

I'm feeling better, but I'm still at 10% headache and 20% sick. I'd love to go to sleep, but I already know I have to wait so that I don't wake up at 4 in the morning.

Sounds like you might be dehydrated, friend. Drink all the waters.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

I got a "mixed greens" salad at a restaurant, and it was just two kinds of lettuce. There weren't even any greens in it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

kreyla posted:

This! Have a dang drink!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

kreyla posted:

OK, so my new FWP is that I normally drink so much drat water as a habit that I can't even recognize dehydration when I actually experience it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Yeah, liver failure/cancer is apparently a really lovely way to go. Gonna switch to weed in the hopes I haven't gone to far already.

FWP: Currently sleeping in a Safeway parking lot and the streetlights shine in my face. There's a lot of people sleeping here. Mostly dirtbag travellers and sketchy looking older folk with the occasional nice van/caravan.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In our building there is a side door and the front door, taking the side door gets you to your car 30-45 seconds sooner but it's alarmed at 6pm. Every night some oval office leaves at a quarter past six and fills the building with an incredibly loud alarm that doesn't get shut off for at least an hour because security are lazy cunts. You might think "surely not!" but they are cunts. I can see them right now out the window smoking. The alarm has been going off for an hour and forty five minutes and I told them about it an hour and thirty minutes ago.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

aardwolf posted:

Any website that claims my "experience will be better" if I disable my ad blocker. Who the gently caress do they think they're kidding? I don't understand how insulting their readers intelligence is supposed to help. Should have gone with the old-fashioned guilt trip.

Washington Post asks you to disable your blocker, and if you do it then asks you to pay to subscribe if you want to read any articles. So they can gently caress right off.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I can't play Sonic Generations at the moment because somewhere/somehow since I last used the thing, the controller has become gross and sticky.

I don't know what's worst: the actual viscerally disturbing grossness/stickiness, the fact that it won't clean off with light water and a washcloth, or :wtc: I left this thing on the far corner of a desk last time I used it a year+ ago, the worst thing this thing should've gotten on it is dust, what the everloving crap is this stickiness?!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I want to buy this Filson bag but it's super expensive and you have to look like Jake Gyllenhaal to pull it off.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Haha what movie is that it looks awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a Netflix movie called Okja. Warning, it's Korean and weird.