Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

This is the best QO renouncing since....who?

Okc renouncing waiters like 5 weeks into free agency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

because his skills match their needs and they might rather pay KCP a pretty large sum than pay Covington a slightly smaller but still large sum.

no thanks.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/883370829081436162

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

That's-a spicy paycut

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/883371330023849984

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

You traded for Marcus but what if you really got markieff

*George Clooney hamming*
Gracchus, we now have the two Marci. To Rome!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

because his skills match their needs and they might rather pay KCP a pretty large sum than pay Covington a slightly smaller but still large sum.

I'll take RobCo over KCP 10/10 times

They just signed JJ and have TLC and Korkmaz in the pipeline. They don't need KCP at all

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 7, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
gently caress Lebron James

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dejan Bimble posted:

gently caress Lebron James

Turn on DK Mode.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/883382327497326592

they're pullin out all the stops to get their man

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'll take RobCo over KCP 10/10 times

Absolutely. Defensively they aren't in the same stratosphere

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i dfont post a lot anymore but that dude's opinions about the pistons are bad FYI in case there are outside lurkers
that guy with the funny bimble name

i forget he was probably some old hat in the old threads but his opinions were bad then too

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
neat picture of a dude some idiot franchise sold to a good franchise for literally no return in basketball terms

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/883386535768453124

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Apparently Houston, Portland and the Knicks are discussing a trade that would send Melo to Houston, Ryan Anderson to Portland, and Moe Harkless and Meyers Leonard to the Knicks.

I wonder if NYK could be talked into taking Evan Turner and Meyers Leonard instead.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

That's not a lot of money but I don't think he's gonna make Nick happy. drat it

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I sorta like that Tyreke deal.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

EvanTH posted:

neat picture of a dude some idiot franchise sold to a good franchise for literally no return in basketball terms

All I see is a guy from Oregon?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

This would have been a great deal before the cap explosion, now it seems like robbery

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

EvanTH posted:

Check out Bell when Bell get up!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I dont hate the deal, 3.3 million for some probable bench buckets is good to me. But i feel like all these guard signings are setting us up to let Tony walk, which will cast me into the darkest z0ne imaginable

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Michael Corleone posted:

Check out Bell when Bell get up!

He ain't even get up that far

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Apparently Houston, Portland and the Knicks are discussing a trade that would send Melo to Houston, Ryan Anderson to Portland, and Moe Harkless and Meyers Leonard to the Knicks.

I wonder if NYK could be talked into taking Evan Turner and Meyers Leonard instead.

That's a terrible deal for everyone except the Knicks so it won't happen. Portland gains nothing in terms of cap relief and they have to give up Harkless who showed a lot of promise towards the end of last year. Unless Crabbe or preferably Turner are part of the deal it's just not worth it. And Houston obviously loses because... Melo.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

That's a terrible deal for everyone except the Knicks so it won't happen. Portland gains nothing in terms of cap relief and they have to give up Harkless who showed a lot of promise towards the end of last year. Unless Crabbe or preferably Turner are part of the deal it's just not worth it. And Houston obviously loses because... Melo.

Would Melo start? Cuz if he doesn't, I think it'd be a good deal for Houston.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I want Langston Galloway on my team and I don't want Tim "what is love" Haddaway Jr on my team for 15% of our cap space but I will forgive the team somewhat if they finally move Melo

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

pubic works project posted:

Would Melo start? Cuz if he doesn't, I think it'd be a good deal for Houston.

Only if he's willing to take a pay cut. They would have to dump more salary. As it stands this deal would put them 2 million over the tax and paying Melo 26 million at this point in his career to come off the bench doesn't seem like a great investment.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

EvanTH posted:

I want Langston Galloway on my team and I don't want Tim "what is love" Haddaway Jr on my team for 15% of our cap space but I will forgive the team somewhat if they finally move Melo

:same:

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/TheEconomist/status/883386744221171714

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Further proof that economics, as a field, is intellectually bankrupt

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Russell Westbrook: not my MVP

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Only if he's willing to take a pay cut. They would have to dump more salary. As it stands this deal would put them 2 million over the tax and paying Melo 26 million at this point in his career to come off the bench doesn't seem like a great investment.

Melo can't take a pay cut as per the CBA.

Also you are forgetting that Melo would make Harden and CP3 happy.

And paying Melo $26m a year isn't much worse than paying Anderson $20m a year.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

They also have $10m in un-guaranteed contracts.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/883395906850013184

I would be okay with this.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Annnnnd they got him. 2 years, $21M.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/883396995498385409

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kings and Grizz essentially traded McLemore and Evans for Carter and ZBo and this is one of the better outcomes for Kings recent former first rounders

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

kiimo posted:

Russell Westbrook: not my MVP

MVP thief like steve nash who robbed kobe of the one he actually deserved

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/883384868612096001

Godspeed

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Knicks offer to Tim Hardaway is the same as Otto's: Half the salary on October 1st.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

That's true and I guess they can easily unload some contracts. It's also not like they'll ask Melo to do much more than take open jumpers and occasionally create a shot for himself. Lord knows he won't play D. The Portland side of the trade still doesn't make much sense to me since it doesn't unload salary and all the contracts still have three years remaining so it's not like Anderson will be off the books quicker.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

This is very good. I mean he is a one trick pony, but you need some of those on the bench and good god do we need shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Good job Grunfield for wasting a 1st rounder on a 3 month rental. Who are you, Doc Rivers?

• Locked thread