Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
wasted by life and crippling diabetes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

God drat Jay and small Canadian make a perfect match. When small canadian was playing Jay in their transformers half in the bag it was perfect as well.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is my biggest movie pet peeve and any movie maker that puts location text on the screen should be boiled alive. especially when they say where they're going prior or say where they are after or there's a loving establishing shot that makes it obvious where they are.

They always do this very soft digital beeping sound with it too
*beepetybeep beepetybeepbeepbeep*
Alrington, Virginia USA
The Pentagon
2 hours earlier...

Who is typing these words? On what computer?

*GONG*

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

vermin posted:

They always do this very soft digital beeping sound with it too
*beepetybeep beepetybeepbeepbeep*
Alrington, Virginia USA
The Pentagon
2 hours earlier...

Who is typing these words? On what computer?

*GONG*

They're typing them up on Old Timey Generic Brand 1980's Computer. Movies Pentagons are always way under budget because social commentary.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Oh by the way, the Spiderman movie did something so small but so nice.

At one point, he goes to Washington DC. We know this because Peter announces it before it happens, and then we don't get loving title text on the screen saying "Washington D.C."

Thanks movie, for trusting us to realize that we are now in DC without the stupid loving text that every other movie does.

I liked the bit in The Bourne Identity where they arrive in Paris but they don't have an establishing shot of the Eiffel Tower. Which doesn't even appear in the film as far as I can remember.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

vermin posted:

I remember hearing the Clone Saga being a confusing mangled mess too so it kind of fits that there's so many drat reboots. The cartoon had some episodes featuring Spidermans from a bunch of different universes too.

Too many drat spidermans

That's how the comics always were so this is a 100% faithful adaptation

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Hey, I used to live right by there. That's right outside Lakefront Brewery.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Hell yeah Mike nipple

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

bloom posted:

It's impressive how wasted Rich manages to look despite not drinking.

Rich is a morphine addict.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I'm legitimately glad to see Mike and the girl are still together

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

a star war betamax posted:

I'm legitimately glad to see Mike and the girl are still together

that's an old picture, dude

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

All pictures are old when you think about it

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I feel bad for people in movies that have jobs working at obnoxious movie computers that make a noise every time you do anything.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This was far and away the best Onion Film Standard ever made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIy_uLF6xI8

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Teikanmi posted:

This was far and away the best Onion Film Standard ever made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIy_uLF6xI8

these are SO good

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Peter K Rosenthal is a gem.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Spiderman 2 is still the best Spiderman movie. Homecoming was decent but just didn't quite have the heart that Raimi's movies had. Funniest moments were the recurring terrible Captain America instructional videos.

For xmen movies just watch X1, X2, Days of Future Past, and Logan and you're good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Archaic posted:

For xmen movies just watch X1, X2, Days of Future Past, and Logan and you're good.

:agreed:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Which jurrasuc park movie is worth watching?

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

The Bananana posted:

Which jurrasuc park movie is worth watching?

Watch the first one so you can get the pop culture references, then watch no more friend

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

King Vidiot posted:

Please don't take this from me

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Archaic posted:

also the quicksilver scene from apocalypse but nothing else.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
The first one.

Also the only X-Men movie worth watching is Logan.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Old Story posted:

Watch the first one so you can get the pop culture references, then watch no more friend

uhhh jurassic park is worth watching cuz it's a great flick.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Remember when Mike gave X-Men apocalypse a good review

lmao

e: that review haunts me

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he also gave jurassic world a good review. he's a hack fraud!

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Groovelord Neato posted:

uhhh jurassic park is worth watching cuz it's a great flick.

it's okay. It had a lot of clumsy "science is bad" stuff in it and the character are cartoons but it's technically amazing and a fun kids movie

Let's start a "Jurassic Park Is Actually Bad" 3 page derail gently caress yeah

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Science is bad tho.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Dinosaurs never existed and Spielberg is a (((secular))) filmmaker bent on leading kids away from God's Truth

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Thought T-Rex was cool? Let me tell ya 'bout a beast named Goliath

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
DNA doesn't work like that. Computers don't work like that. Why don't the dinosaurs have feathers

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

feathered dinosaurs is the worst discovery in scientific history.

also the book makes it more obvious but they aren't actually dinosaurs they're just hybrid monsters since they use all sorts of reptilian dna to fill in the gaps.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

reignofevil posted:

Science is bad tho.

Not according to Jurassic park

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Groovelord Neato posted:

also the book makes it more obvious but they aren't actually dinosaurs they're just hybrid monsters since they use all sorts of reptilian dna to fill in the gaps.

That's pretty neat, I didn't know that.

I never saw Jurassic Park as a kid (Bible Parents) so by the time I saw it my heart was withered coal unable to feel wonder, guess i missed out

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I'm going to unload my emotional baggage on the Something Awful GBS RedLetterMedia thread if that's okay with you guys

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Old Story posted:

it's okay. It had a lot of clumsy "science is bad" stuff in it and the character are cartoons but it's technically amazing and a fun kids movie

Let's start a "Jurassic Park Is Actually Bad" 3 page derail gently caress yeah

Science is really bad and 99% of the "advancments" it has brought have been..................... Huge Mistakes

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Old Story posted:

I'm going to unload my emotional baggage on the Something Awful GBS RedLetterMedia thread if that's okay with you guys

Do it, pussy

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

The Bananana posted:

Do it, pussy

ill never meet Rich Evans irl...........

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a star war betamax posted:

Science is really bad and 99% of the "advancments" it has brought have been..................... Huge Mistakes

much like your posting :greenangel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
don't be a dick, pal

• Locked thread