Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SeANMcBAY posted:

Splatoon has more interesting lore than literally every other multiplayer shooter. I hope they bring back the weird artifacts with the WW1-esque drawings in 2.
There are four licensed DOOM novels.

e: and it ends with Mormons fighting off the IRS and aliens who are allergic to religion evolving themselves out of existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

VideoGames posted:

Neo Turf Masters. The greatest game recommendation.

Easily the best game on switch dollar for dollar.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

TF2 has good lore. Can't wait for the last issue of the 'bimonthly' comic to come out in 2034.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Just bought a 2nd Switch. Gonna be playing couples Splatoon in a few weeks.

Couples splatting, you say

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

For my girlfriend.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

no more screengazing

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

This is a long shot, but I was wondering if I could plug an ethernet cable from my Switch to my cable box for a wired connection?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Last time I flew there was a couple with 4 kids and they each had a Switch. So yeah.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Easily the best game on switch dollar for dollar.

But how is the lore?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

s.i.r.e. posted:

This includes pedos right?

are you asking for a friend?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

JetpackHowwy posted:

This is a long shot, but I was wondering if I could plug an ethernet cable from my Switch to my cable box for a wired connection?

You can from the Switch dock to your router if you get a USB ethernet adapter (any generic one will work).

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

JetpackHowwy posted:

Yes, but you'll need an OTG cable to convert usb-c to A, and then an Ethernet to usb adapter to plug into that. If you're talking about plugging into the dock you just need the Ethernet adapter, you don't need the otg cable.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Beastie posted:

So what the heck is the lore for Splatoon? Squids vs Octopuses because why?

you are a kid. you are also a squid.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yes, but you'll need an OTG cable to convert usb-c to A, and then an Ethernet to usb adapter to plug into that. If you're talking about plugging into the dock you just need the Ethernet adapter, you don't need the otg cable.

I was planning on getting the adapter if it does work. Thank you!

FireMrshlBill posted:

You can from the Switch dock to your router if you get a USB ethernet adapter (any generic one will work).

Thanks but the router is downstairs from where I play my switch and trying to route it to there is something I want to avoid.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

:yeah:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The NBA Playgrounds twitter account is now blocking people who tweet at them asking if the Switch version will ever be updated, lol.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Condolences to anyone who bought the bad basketball game

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

JetpackHowwy posted:

I was planning on getting the adapter if it does work. Thank you!

Thanks but the router is downstairs from where I play my switch and trying to route it to there is something I want to avoid.

Your cable box has an Ethernet port? I don't think that will make an internet connection it would be for receiving one not sharing. I assume your TV is connected by wifi and it's for a SMART feature or something?

This is going to be something you need to ask your cable provider don't mention the switch ask if you plug your computer in if it would work.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cave Story on Switch is apparently getting an update to play with the original graphics as an option

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Cave Story on Switch is apparently getting an update to play with the original graphics as an option

Is it getting an update where it doesn't cost $30 freaking dollars for a 10 year old game?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Spacebump posted:

The NBA Playgrounds twitter account is now blocking people who tweet at them asking if the Switch version will ever be updated, lol.

We should alert the video game journalists!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Bill Barber posted:

Is it getting an update where it doesn't cost $30 freaking dollars for a 10 year old game?

because when a game is old, it metaphysically becomes worth less money

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah pretty much

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Bill Barber posted:

The enhanced Cave Story+ releases in late 2011 so 5.5 years old I guess? (2004 for original release, 2010 for wii, 2011 for 3DS)

Anyways things cost money, get it from Best Buy for $6 off making it $24, or don't! Can't wait for the update with local co-op :3:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bill Barber posted:

______________________/

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I happily forked over the money for BoI and have not regretted it for one minute.

Good games are worth it, no matter the age.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

i believe that cave story 3d is the ultimate cave story experience

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

GreenNight posted:

I scored a Switch on Amazon today and want something to play. Already beat Zelda on the Wii U.

:chloe:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

For my girlfriend.

Fair!

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

JetpackHowwy posted:

Ethernet over power adapters work pretty decently as well. I have my router on my main floor where my current gen consoles are. And use ethernet over power adapter as a lan line in my basement for my work computer as well as my gaming PC setup. I think you can get them for $40 or less these days.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Beastie posted:

I happily forked over the money for BoI and have not regretted it for one minute.

Good games are worth it, no matter the age.

yeah but boi rebirth and expansions was always near $40

cave story was free and cave story + was $15 when it released, and the 3ds version was ten dollars on the eshop

i don't mind paying money but lol if i'm paying more than $15 for cave story again

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Just buy cave story used in like 2 months.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is there a way to replay the tutorial in the Splatoon 2 demo?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Teenage Fansub posted:

Download the new splatfest client and boot that poo poo up

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cave Story on Switch is definitely worth the $30 if you buy physical. The extras are cool.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Erasing the save data maybe?

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 7, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

Download the new splatfest client and boot that poo poo up

That's what I'm using. You get a tutorial to run around in on first boot, but just the hub after that.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
With each piece of new Marina fan art, her breasts get larger.

Is this some sort of theory of fandom boob sliders?

Meanwhile Pearl remains untouched and superior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Turpitude posted:

Disgaea 5 owns! I've been playing the poo poo out of it.

I put it on hold because of the Stormblood expansion for FFXIV and as I finished up the MSQ for that, Shadows of Mordor went on sale for $4 so Disgaea's still sitting unplayed. :rip:

• Locked thread