Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Pook Good Mook posted:

Is there some specific reasons why "gamers" dislike Notch or is it the same reasons everyone else dislikes him?

basically the same
he's such an angry little shitball that from time to time he manages to alienate even the people who've overlooked his usual bullshit. The only people still defending him are mostly people trying to glean "SJWs are the actual nazis" points by propping him up as some sort of victim

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the canadian nazi's numbers are declining, but with your donation,

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pook Good Mook posted:

Is there some specific reasons why "gamers" dislike Notch or is it the same reasons everyone else dislikes him?

he sold out minecraft to microsoft for $1B on the backs of others? almost none of his work is his own afaik

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Yinlock posted:

the canadian nazi's numbers are declining, but with your donation,

how much to hunt canadian nazis from a helicopter.

all proceeds go to conservation of course.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

basically the same
he's such an angry little shitball that from time to time he manages to alienate even the people who've overlooked his usual bullshit. The only people still defending him are mostly people trying to glean "SJWs are the actual nazis" points by propping him up as some sort of victim

notch will inevitably try to stir up drama with everyone he interacts with, usually by just launching weird accusations

nobody really knows why the gently caress he does this

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Please don't tell my manager at Subway that I'm a member of the Dick Sucking Alliance.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bert Roberge posted:

Please don't tell my manager at Subway that I'm a member of the Dick Sucking Alliance.

you'd think he'd have figured that out from all the dick sucking

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Bert Roberge posted:

i already know, jared

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

it's about loving time we start having superheroes and villains

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Yinlock posted:

notch will inevitably try to stir up drama with everyone he interacts with, usually by just launching weird accusations

nobody really knows why the gently caress he does this

a reminder that Notch was married for less than a year to an admin of the Minecraft Forums

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

How much of this is Tillerson's fault and how much is Trump's fault? I've been not as disappointed with Tillerson as I expected to be, seems like he just gets hosed over by Trump any time he tries to do something.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
We regret to inform you that milkshake duck is a member of the Dick Sucking Alliance

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Yinlock posted:

you'd think he'd have figured that out from all the dick sucking

a helpful bear posted:

i already know, jared

Life cums at you fast.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

notch is games daniel plainview and his story will come to an end after he beats a young idealistic game dev to death in his candy room w/ an novelty size tootsie roll pop

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Addamere posted:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

nyarlathotep would be a substantial improvement over trump

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.

GrimGypsy posted:

None of us are really cool or weird enough to deserve living in these times

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

can't wait til trump meets PM CORB next year

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So minecraft guy get booed but Zuck gets to be pope?

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Apraxin posted:

i still kind of believe that if only Obama had gone on tv on november 7th and given an impassioned nationwide address about why drinking drain cleaner is a terrible and un-american practice that people really shouldn't indulge in, Hillary might just have squeaked out the win

A pity Michelle never got around to campaigning against smoking and black tar heroin

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Bert Roberge posted:

only now do i recognize the full import of the term "entryism"

eta: dsa is so much better than i expected

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

another standard republican take

it's not surprising that the party which swept every branch & level of the government shares at least a bit of me, deadgoon's, political acumen

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

our nazis were set adrift after they went to jerusalem to prove jews were evil, found no evil jews, then got pissed off and doubled down on their anti semitism because of it

please pity these lost souls

um so where do u suggest the evil is in israel

is it in the palestinians

u loving settler

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Elephanthead posted:

So minecraft guy get booed but Zuck gets to be pope?

what a country

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Addamere posted:

the average canadian is a bit smarter than the average american and actually educated in rhetoric

do you need another hint?

I need another hint.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

a helpful bear posted:

he sold out minecraft to microsoft for $1B on the backs of others? almost none of his work is his own afaik

whoa whoa whoa

it was 2.5 billion dollars lol

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

MariusLecter posted:

We regret to inform you that milkshake duck is a member of the Dick Sucking Alliance

we're a big tent of sucking dicks

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this will b the best thing u click 2day

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/883517747677732867

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Grem posted:

How much of this is Tillerson's fault and how much is Trump's fault? I've been not as disappointed with Tillerson as I expected to be, seems like he just gets hosed over by Trump any time he tries to do something.

Why not both?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

GrimGypsy posted:

Qdoba hasn't gone under yet?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Pook Good Mook posted:

notch aside, can i just reiterate how much i dislike "gamers" (unusual take i know).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mr. Sharps posted:

why are so many of these alt-right celebs from canada. what gives? explain?

because they know they probaly wont have to deal with any "direct" negative fallout from their awful bullshit probably.

Grem posted:

a mix. tillerson is right wing clown, but from alot of the various stories, it sounds like he is getting stonewalled from hiring people because he wants to hire people for talent(any party, he isnt going Rumsfeld.) and trump wants only loyalists. so who the gently caress knows.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

like if it was a contest of hate between "gamers" and "myself"

well it would still be "myself", but gamers are bad

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

gamers more like lamers i say

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/883530402945789952

Great stuff, I just bought it on my way here. You heard it?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Bert Roberge posted:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

GrimGypsy posted:

read "jenkem" town at first and tbh thats the only way it could have been better

• Locked thread