Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
is zuck really gonna be prez

trump has destroyed my ability to tell the difference between absurd things that will never happen and absurd things that absolutely will happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

When zuck becomes president he will replace old fashioned boring voting with likes on election day.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
every american gets exactly one (1) facebook account, which is used for voting and to receive federal benefits (including healthcare)

violation of the facebook TOS results in the deletion of your account

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

etalian posted:

How long until Zuck starts paying the support staff like janitors and lunch ladies in Zuck Bucks?

day 1 of his presidency

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Great article on how bitter hill folk are trying to primary bernie

http://observer.com/2017/07/clinton-supporters-challenge-bernie-sanders-senate-seat/

quote:

Vermont resident Jon Svitavsky announced on July 5 that he is challenging Sen. Bernie Sanders in his upcoming re-election in 2018. In his most recent race for re-election, Sanders won over 71 percent of the vote and the Democratic Party didn’t bother to run a candidate. In the 2016 presidential primaries, Sanders received over 86 percent of the vote in Vermont. Among the small percentage of people who voted for Hillary Clinton in the state was Svitavsky, a homeless shelter director who is beginning to receive support from other disgruntled Clinton supporters across the country.

Though Sanders enjoys overwhelming support in his home state, his political opponents around the country have isolated and built up naysayers to diminish his popularity. In June 2016, NBC host Joy Reid did a profile in the Daily Beast on Al Giordano, an anti-Sanders troll who gained a sizable following of Clinton supporters on Twitter during the primaries. Giordano claimed he would run against Sanders in 2018 but has yet to file and currently resides in Mexico City. In February 2016, the Daily Beast ran a hit piece meant to perpetuate the whitewashing of Sanders’ presidential campaign. It featured an interview with a black Vermont resident who claimed Sanders ignored the black community in the state. In October 2016, Politico ran an article featuring quotes from several Vermont Democrats complaining that Sanders wasn’t helping Democrats in Vermont, despite the fact that Sanders made several appearances around the country to campaign on behalf of Hillary Clinton. Now Svitavsky, a Democrat from Bridport, Vermont, is trying to make another case against Sanders.

Vermont Public Radio reported, “Jon Svitavsky, 59, says he believes that Sanders’ ‘divisive’ politics have fractured the Democratic Party nationally and paved the way for the rise of Republican President Donald Trump.” On his Twitter account he has shared blog posts written by other Clinton supporters attacking Sanders. According to Svitavsky, he was recruited by a group called Organizing for Democrats-U.S.A to run against Sanders. The organization isn’t filed with the FEC and has a small following on Facebook. On its Facebook page on June 15, the day after Sanders voted against the bill that included sanctions on Russia and Iran, the group posted, “Today OFD represents the Democratic Party candidate for U.S. Senate in the State of Vermont. That’s the Sanders'(I) seat. And an actual liberal Democrat from Burlington, Vermont is running. After Sanders voted to protect Mother Russia today, the decision was made to make this declaration.” The day before, the organization published in another post that it is “time for Democrats to unite against the Bernie Bot elements.”

Svitavsky told Vermont’s NPR affiliate, “I think Sanders has hurt our country very badly with what he’s done.” He added, “So not only did Bernie divide the Democratic Party and what not, but he continues to bash them, even on the unity tour, saying that Democrats and Republicans are the same, and they’re not.” Though Bernie Sanders never said that or bashed the party on the DNC Unity Tour, Svitavsky’s biases are shared by several avid Clinton supporters, and he isn’t alone in trying to challenge Sanders.

Folasade Adeluola, a Clinton supporter based in Indiana, also announced she is running to unseat Sanders in 2018. Her campaign website features a selfie with her and Hillary Clinton. She only has to be a legal resident of Vermont the day before the election to be eligible for the Senate seat, capitalizing on the opportunity to represent people of a state she doesn’t live in.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

deadgoon posted:

trump has destroyed my ability to tell the difference between absurd things that will never happen and absurd things that absolutely will happen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlyzkw1we_g

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hmm.

True.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/0707/888597-star-wars-vs-star-trek-row-ends-in-assault/

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm somewhat disappointed the police report didn't mention whether the assailant was a Trekker or a Wookiehead.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

etalian posted:

Great article on how bitter hill folk are trying to primary bernie

http://observer.com/2017/07/clinton-supporters-challenge-bernie-sanders-senate-seat/

lol sanders will leave that seat when he dies and not a moment sooner no matter who tries to primary him

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I have a hard time believing that Svitavsky is much more than a local crank. Vermont gets two or three of these guys running every cycle and Bernie has always had one as a Democratic challenger. I'm sure he'll get cash from the hill twitter crowd, but that article seems to give far too much credit to the claim he was recruited to run.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

deadgoon posted:

Donald trump made several abortive runs at the presidency over several decades and people make noise and do weird "I'm obviously about to run for president" things and then never run all the time, palin and biden for example

e I mean biden ran a while back but not the time he swore to his dying son that he would

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

deadgoon posted:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I am at this point about 60% convinced that Zuckerberg is at least considering entering politics (in a deniable fashion in case it doesn't work out or he sees something shiny and gets distracted), 30% convinced that he's just trolling people with the possibility because he's bored, and 10% convinced that he's going to announce a plan to convert the human race into immortal cyborgs in 2019.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

docbeard posted:

I am at this point about 60% convinced that Zuckerberg is at least considering entering politics (in a deniable fashion in case it doesn't work out or he sees something shiny and gets distracted), 30% convinced that he's just trolling people with the possibility because he's bored, and 10% convinced that he's going to announce a plan to convert the human race into immortal cyborgs in 2019.

The grim zuck future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGd5nBB0xxU

Zuck to convert his whole workforce into cyborgs to improve the bottom line

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

all residents will be required to have a facebook account

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Just listened to Neera Tanden on the "With Friends Like These" podcast :barf:. She says that "everyone" is to blame for the election loss (but mainly Russia) and that Bill Kristol, David Frum, and Rick Wilson are awesome.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

this thread goes goes in circles so often it makes me wanna puke

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

bernie good dems bad

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Turdfuzz posted:

this thread goes goes in circles so often it makes me wanna puke

um nobody even uses google+ circles

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I like how that sentence implies that the "young upwardly mobile professionals" are a separate group from the "families of all races."

yeah that's the best part lmao and is extremely indicative of yuppie racism

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

did yall who are still wondering whether zuckerberg is running for president not see his extremely real bald eagle pic lol

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Shear Modulus posted:

did yall who are still wondering whether zuckerberg is running for president not see his extremely real bald eagle pic lol

i hope he's running because lol but i wonder... will he win???

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Cyberpunk arcologies: coming soon

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

deadgoon posted:

i hope he's running because lol but i wonder... will he win???

he won't become president and i would bet money on that

it's possible he buys the dem nomination hillary-style but if he does he will lose to trump bigly

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

etalian posted:

When zuck becomes president he will replace old fashioned boring voting with likes on election day.

If you fill out 20 of these marketing surveys President Zuckerberg will send you a $500 Healthcare coupon good redeemable on DocSearch, a new app that matches patients with physicians

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

If you fill out 20 of these marketing surveys President Zuckerberg will send you a $500 Healthcare coupon good redeemable on DocSearch, a new app that matches patients with physicians

*: all appointments will be done via videoconference with physicians based in Indian call centers

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMaVIAlJlnw

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Hardware is such a good loving movie someone should let him make a not lovely island of dr moreau

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
What Hardware teaches me is that in the event of post-apocalyptic neo-fascism... make an art project out of the scavenged murder-droid brought in by the dude from the Fields of the Nephilim.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/Endoracrat/status/882642775887368193

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.

Scent of Worf posted:

aah i didn't know

still pretty funny though because bad dems constantly do poo poo like that just to attack bernie

These new brand of reactionaries have no problem pointing out stupid/hypocritical liberal ideas. They're just completely wrong about their origins and their counter-arguments are all evil and dumb.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

MaxxBot posted:

#PoliticallyIncorrectDemocrat (Progressive Political Correctness Is Libtard Propaganda) Proud-Neoliberal, The Alt-Left & Alt Right are the same! #TheResistance
who are these people

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Hillbots are the most pathetic people in America

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

UHD posted:

lol sanders will leave that seat when he dies and not a moment sooner no matter who tries to primary him

I think you mean he'll leave the seat when he's elected president in three years. :bernin:

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

So when does Hillary Twitter go full Hillaryis44 and start calling for racial death squads?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

who are these people

trump 2020 supporters

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Imo there'd be nothing wrong with the gig economy if we had single payer and UBI.

thats what i've thought for years, it'd be great to not have to kowtow to a corporation for years just to get enough raises to get a little extra for hobbies, all the while never being able to try a diff job because you start at the bottom of the new treadmill

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

got any sevens posted:

thats what i've thought for years, it'd be great to not have to kowtow to a corporation for years just to get enough raises to get a little extra for hobbies, all the while never being able to try a diff job because you start at the bottom of the new treadmill

same. if i had UBI and single payer id still be traveling around the country doing seasonal work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u52Oz-54VYw

• Locked thread