Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Haha my buddy's have a phrase "Taco brain", when you're just even more inexplicably retarded. Sometimes it's from too many tacos sometimes it's from just being non logical and retarded. Congrats on the Taco brain, handsome!

Oh you have one good date and suddenly you're just hitting on everything huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

You guys should watch The Expanse. It's very, very good, especially if you're a no noise in space kinda sperg like me.

P.S. I just watched TNG's The Inner Light and I'm depressed IRL now.

This is a very good recommendation, the first couple episodes started a bit slow, but by the end of the first season it's gone full bugfuck awesome.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ehud posted:

I have been enjoying the Netflix series Peaky Blinders. It has the scarecrow and dr grant in it

My grandfather had dealings with those dudes. Used to place his bets on the horses with one of their gambling houses.

Tom hardy shows up eventually and knocks it outta the park as usual.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

I have been enjoying the Netflix series Peaky Blinders. It has the scarecrow and dr grant in it

Top 5 show right now :hfive:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Wife and I just started watching this little known show on Netflix we never seen before

Its called Breaking Bad and the malcolm in the middle dad cooks meth lmao

For real though we gave it 3 shots and never got past the second episode. We gave it another shot and we're on episode 5 just today.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

Wife and I just started watching this little known show on Netflix we never seen before

For real though we gave it 3 shots and never got past the second episode. We gave it another shot and we're on episode 5 just today.

Yeah, you'll be hooked.

We are currently watching A Handmaid's Tale, and it is pissing off my wife fiercely.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yeah Breaking Bad is great so far, we just couldnt get into it before.

Handmaids Tale is pretty good but lol at everyone wearing Handmaids Tale stuff to protests. The woman who played Poussey was really good & so were Elisabeth Moss and Yvonne Strahovski.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Spoeank posted:

I feel you it spends a lot of time setting the pre meth Walt up which makes the beginning so slow

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

FizFashizzle posted:

Sorry I only watch episodes of space:above and beyond taped off the television

I'm still pissed at how this ended.

Did the Queen Of Diamonds survive or not?!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah I know what Ops is and how its calculated, but its not like you can explain it like BA which is just "how many hits per *** appearances" Its basically just "closer to 1 is gooder I guess?"

Slash in a nutshell: plate appearances is every time a batter goes to the plate. At bats is player appearances minus walks and hit by pitch and sacrifices

Batting average is hits per at bat. On base percentage is times reaching base per plate appearances. Slugging is bases per at bat

Slash is displayed as ba/obp/slug

And now I'll stop cause no one here cares

Intruder fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jul 8, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

tell me about xwOBA and barrels

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Who has time for those PFFesque things

I'll let you describe EYB though

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BlindSite posted:

My grandfather had dealings with those dudes. Used to place his bets on the horses with one of their gambling houses.

Tom hardy shows up eventually and knocks it outta the park as usual.

I heard mad max is in it!! I can't wait.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Spoeank posted:

Yeah Breaking Bad is great so far, we just couldnt get into it before.

Handmaids Tale is pretty good but lol at everyone wearing Handmaids Tale stuff to protests. The woman who played Poussey was really good & so were Elisabeth Moss and Yvonne Strahovski.

Yeah it took me a while to get into Breaking Bad. Kinda slow start then got to be just downright uncomfortable a few times and I just didn't really feel like going back for more. Glad I did though. It really ended up being something.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

That Works posted:

Yeah it took me a while to get into Breaking Bad. Kinda slow start then got to be just downright uncomfortable a few times and I just didn't really feel like going back for more. Glad I did though. It really ended up being something.

Walter White's metamorphosis from suburban high school teacher and dad into an amoral monster is one of the best things I've ever seen in any media.

You need the slow, early exposition to suspend disbelief to get from point A to point B.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Saw homecoming last night. It was good. Maybe I was expecting too much because it's getting such good reviews but I thought I was going to love it but it was it was kind of just a good movie. Funny in parts but nothing really new besides the actor.

Wish I would have seen WW instead.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

WW was fun. It's a good action flick and I think it does a great job setting up femininity as a distinct source of strength and perspective for WW. When I watched it, there were big groups of women in the theater, all of whom left with smiles on their faces. The people (MRAs and the Tumblr set) who didn't like how WW was handled were never going to be happy under any circumstances.

You should know though that the ending goes off the rails a little bit. It's going to turn into a Dragonball Z episode out of loving nowhere.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Anals of History posted:

WW was fun. It's a good action flick and I think it does a great job setting up femininity as a distinct source of strength and perspective for WW. When I watched it, there were big groups of women in the theater, all of whom left with smiles on their faces. The people (MRAs and the Tumblr set) who didn't like how WW was handled were never going to be happy under any circumstances.

You should know though that the ending goes off the rails a little bit. It's going to turn into a Dragonball Z episode out of loving nowhere.

Awesome! The boy is sleeping over at a friend's house tonight. Maybe I'll take the wife and daughters and they can leave the movie not needing me anymore :smith:

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Apropos of nothing, Des Moines sucks and you shouldn't go there.

That's most of the Midwest though with very rare exceptions

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a patagonian cavy posted:

Apropos of nothing, Des Moines sucks and you shouldn't go there.

That's most of the Midwest though with very rare exceptions

Iowa City isn't bad, at least the parts that don't resemble anything Iowan. So just the ped mall next to campus

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

Awesome! The boy is sleeping over at a friend's house tonight. Maybe I'll take the wife and daughters and they can leave the movie not needing me anymore :smith:

Just a warning in case your daughters are small: theres a sequence where they're wading through WWI trench warfare and while it's not actually as horrific as the real thing, it's not appropriate for small kids. The film has a lot of violence and death in general.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It's PG13 so I mean it's rated as such

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah but ratings are often total garbage. At least for me, they tend to be much more stringent about sex than about violence, which is the exact opposite of what it should be. I only said anything at all because I think a lot of parents make the reasonable assumption that a wonder woman movie is gonna be a kids' movie, and it really isn't a kids' movie. Teenagers, sure. But when we went to see it, there was a mom with like a seven year old girl and I think they left after the scene where the nazis gas the village where all the happy people were the night before and they're all now loving dead

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah, I'd actually say PG13 might've been low for that scene alone

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

WW1

Nazis

I mean I've heard that's how the wonder woman movie decided to portray the conflict (along with how brave and heroic it was to do a mass charge from the trenches), but loving laffo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah but ratings are often total garbage. At least for me, they tend to be much more stringent about sex than about violence, which is the exact opposite of what it should be. I only said anything at all because I think a lot of parents make the reasonable assumption that a wonder woman movie is gonna be a kids' movie, and it really isn't a kids' movie. Teenagers, sure. But when we went to see it, there was a mom with like a seven year old girl and I think they left after the scene where the nazis gas the village where all the happy people were the night before and they're all now loving dead

There aren't any Nazis in Wonder Woman.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This thread IRL

Police: Fight over Star Wars and Star Trek led to assault

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Saw homecoming last night. It was good. Maybe I was expecting too much because it's getting such good reviews but I thought I was going to love it but it was it was kind of just a good movie. Funny in parts but nothing really new besides the actor.

Wish I would have seen WW instead.

Just saw it. Loved it. Blew the last two Spider-Man movies out of the water.

Stay for the end credits (do you really need to be told this for a Marvel movie?)

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 8, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
peanut butter but on a grilled cheese

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
when Ludendorff was introduced I leaned over to my fiancée and said "I know who that is, he's a real guy" thanks Dan Carlon

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

There would be Nazis in WW but WW killed em and stopped them from becoming Nazis if you really think about it

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Just saw it. Loved it. Blew the last two Spider-Man movies out of the water.

Stay for the end credits (do you really need to be told this for a Marvel movie?)

Yeah like I said it wasn't bad...but I didn't enjoy it as much as a lot of people apparently. It was pretty funny.

It did make Michael Keaton look like a bad rear end so that was cool.

the last scene where Stark reveals his new spidey suit like all the hardcore marvel fans geeked out in the theatre. They were screaming OOOOOOOH MY GAWD

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I heard in ww you can tell the exact moment Snyder came in and started throwing his weight around.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

uh yeah sorry obviously not nazis, I'm just so used to it always being nazis that it's become reflexive

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

uh yeah sorry obviously not nazis, I'm just so used to it always being nazis that it's become reflexive

Sounds like a TYPICAL LIBTARD to me #maga

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

fair

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yeah like I said it wasn't bad...but I didn't enjoy it as much as a lot of people apparently. It was pretty funny.

It did make Michael Keaton look like a bad rear end so that was cool.

the last scene where Stark reveals his new spidey suit like all the hardcore marvel fans geeked out in the theatre. They were screaming OOOOOOOH MY GAWD

Hey, Batman is always a badass. ;)

I like that they didn't try to tell the origin story again. We all know how Spider-Man got started at this point.

Also, seeing him as a high school kid again works really well.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Spoeank posted:

There would be Nazis in WW but WW killed em and stopped them from becoming Nazis if you really think about it

Unfortunately she didn't get the most important Nazi of all.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Workout question for lifting goons. My deadlift is starting to exceed my grip strength. Should I get some of those lifting straps or work on my grip before continuing to increase weight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Workout question for lifting goons. My deadlift is starting to exceed my grip strength. Should I get some of those lifting straps or work on my grip before continuing to increase weight

Increase masturbation reps and profit

• Locked thread