Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Basic Chunnel posted:

MDickie wrestler names are even better than the ones from that other lovely off-brand console game from a year or two back. Brook Laser vs. Slam Dunk indeed

I'm personally invested in the epic that was Nico Moron vs. Dragon Ryan.

P.S. Kirk Angel will never not crack me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
I was always partial to Hugh Jazz for Big Show.

Yes, I am as sophisticated as Vince McMahon.

Vilkata
Jun 22, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

The mixed-gender wrestling thing sounds unusual, since it's something that WWE are not likely to reintroduce in the foreseeable future. Wonder if the reporter is phrasing that wrong.

I bet it turns out to be they programmed a mixed tag match mode.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vilkata posted:

I bet it turns out to be they programmed a mixed tag match mode.

I'm fully expecting it was this

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

simosimo posted:

So happy MDickie is back, time to dust off Radical Larry in a fresh career mode. Who will be racist and tell him to go home white boy?

me :twisted:

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

So is Supercard still getting played or has it crossed the p2w event horizon?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
In WWE2k14 they had mixed tag matches, and if you so much as brushed against the other gendered opponent you were hit with an insta-DQ regardless of the ruleset. We tried about three matches that all ended in dumb DQ calls before we gave up and did Diva only Hell in a Cells. I imagine they "improve" on that by canning you into a tag animation whenever the other team tags out among other stupid decisions in appeasement of ???. I guess the logic is these are real performers as opposed to other games where this is and never has been an issue, but when Nintendo games and the dang Lego games are more lenient than the WWE games on the issue, its fuckin' goofy.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
IIRC they dont even sell the disqualifying blow, whether it is a chairshot or a clothesline, and everyone just stands around idly as if they are waiting to be taken to Video Game Jail for the atrocities committed.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

So is Supercard still getting played or has it crossed the p2w event horizon?

It's probably less p2w now than ever before. Joining an active team and winning team battles can get you up and running in a loving hurry.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The mixed gender tags were also completely one sided in issuing dq's. As one of the women competitors in the match you could just beat the poo poo out of the guys and nothing would happen until they retaliated, resulting in a dq win. Also, any of the reversals that were strike based would also result in a dq.

In the later games with the match, the cpu always got themselves dq'd, they just seemed to go out of their way to do it. I never once finished a mixed gender match in those games.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Can you edit relationship data of a TEW game in progress?

I finally fired Kevin Nash after he turned the whole locker room against Jericho. Since it's a game and not my job, I'd like to edit Jericho's relationships slightly so the whole locker room doesn't hate him anymore...

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

You can if you load it up in MS Access and vaguely know your way round a db

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

triplexpac posted:

Can you edit relationship data of a TEW game in progress?

I finally fired Kevin Nash after he turned the whole locker room against Jericho. Since it's a game and not my job, I'd like to edit Jericho's relationships slightly so the whole locker room doesn't hate him anymore...

Yeah, directly below edit data when you have the game loaded.

It says edit relationships.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah, directly below edit data when you have the game loaded.

It says edit relationships.

Oh no way, I didn't even think to look that low. Now I feel dumb haha

I just fully expected that to be in the "Edit Data" section

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

triplexpac posted:

Oh no way, I didn't even think to look that low. Now I feel dumb haha

I just fully expected that to be in the "Edit Data" section

Nah its easy to do. I just noticed it last week myself.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

CapitalistPig posted:

Nah its easy to do. I just noticed it last week myself.

Kind of a pain that "no relationship" isn't an option... always some little bullshit thing with this game haha. Simmering Tension will have to do.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

Kind of a pain that "no relationship" isn't an option... always some little bullshit thing with this game haha. Simmering Tension will have to do.

I found this when I got annoyed by the fact that in this version your user avatar seems to only get negative relationships, or maybe I'm just a huge rear end in a top hat

I am a popular man. This is actually probably realistic for a wrestling promotion booker.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Fwiw it seems like other booker / owner characters mostly or exclusively accrue bad relationships

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I was with you right up until the strong dislike of Big Dave Bautista, you monster :mad:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Am I the only one who uses the "Good guy" approach to being a booker?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

The mechanics aren't balanced for it, which is I suppose could be justified as an accurate simulation of the business. Lenient responses to backstage incidents are objectively the least effective options, because they (1) have the least chance of resolving problems that toxic workers cause, (2) are more likely to piss off non-toxic workers in conflict, and (3) have the mechanical tendency to encourage further bad behavior. Maybe that changes if you've got a really high diplomacy score, but in any case you should never be in a position where getting on the bad side of a toxic worker is inadvisable - if that's the case, the worker has too much power in your company. Giving CC to a problem child is the worst case scenario (see: Hogan). The standard response to most backstage conflicts is the fine, which counts as punitive.

I'm not sure how the pre-show speech mechanic is supposed to work, because conflict resolution favors punitive decision making but post-event feedback favors a light hand. You only get the pre-event bonus by either being a nice dude and being laissez faire 100% of the time, or punishing and terrorizing your roster 100% of the time. Why would you do either of those things.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I'm working on a HD pack for Wrestling Revolution 3D much like I did for the older Wrestling Mpire game (WMHD) . Here's the promotion logos I have so far :)

http://imgur.com/a/3852z

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Veryslightlymad posted:

I am a "good guy" on everything except steroids, hard drugs, and attacking people backstage, and everyone still hates me

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I am a "good guy" on everything except steroids, hard drugs, and attacking people backstage, and everyone still hates me

Duh

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

simosimo posted:

I'm working on a HD pack for Wrestling Revolution 3D much like I did for the older Wrestling Mpire game (WMHD) . Here's the promotion logos I have so far :)

http://imgur.com/a/3852z

Those look real good. I'm pushing through your first play-through right now and bless you for playing these games so I don't have too. They are so fun to look at but so drat tortuous to actually play.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

My next PPV is a tourney coming down to:

Bracket 1:
Dolph Ziggler vs. Matt Riddle
Alexa Bliss vs. an old CAW I made for Smackdown! out of Stevie Richards parts in 2000, aged 17 years

Bracket 2:
AJ Styles vs. Sami Callihan
Io Shirai vs. Kota Ibushi

I figure it'll go Riddle vs. Bliss (Ziggler won't like it, but gently caress him) and Styles vs. Shirai (Ibushi is great but is in time decline). Gotta figure out who to push out of those four.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

My next PPV is a tourney coming down to:

Bracket 1:
Dolph Ziggler vs. Matt Riddle
Alexa Bliss vs. an old CAW I made for Smackdown! out of Stevie Richards parts in 2000, aged 17 years

Bracket 2:
AJ Styles vs. Sami Callihan
Io Shirai vs. Kota Ibushi

I figure it'll go Riddle vs. Bliss (Ziggler won't like it, but gently caress him) and Styles vs. Shirai (Ibushi is great but is in time decline). Gotta figure out who to push out of those four.

Push Io at the expense of everyone else imo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

twitch.tv/spike_chunsoft

Tomorrow at 8 PM pacific they will be doing a stream showing off Fire Pro and handing out steam keys

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Push Io at the expense of everyone else imo

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

What kind of rehab are they running out there

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

What kind of rehab are they running out there

Trading one addiction for another is a classic move! This exact scandal is how I was able to get him from WWE in my game

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
I scooped up Kurt Angle after he had a sex tape scandal.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/883149504991510528

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/883527951668490240

7/10 9:00 PM EDT / 6:00 PM PDT

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Trading one addiction for another is a classic move! This exact scandal is how I was able to get him from WWE in my game

I remember. I have to figure it's one of those rare things that fucks with a worker's overness cap - he was about two months out of action and maintaining A overness worldwide, but the scandal hit and he dropped about a full grade instantly. I wonder if he'll get that grade floor back when he weathers the scandal.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

I remember. I have to figure it's one of those rare things that fucks with a worker's overness cap - he was about two months out of action and maintaining A overness worldwide, but the scandal hit and he dropped about a full grade instantly. I wonder if he'll get that grade floor back when he weathers the scandal.

I had no problem having him at A and A* overness for a long time after the scandal brewed over. Actually it worked out really well for me as when WWE first fired him he was too popular to sign for me, so he worked NJPW tours until the scandal wore off, and by then I was able to sign him.

All of the benefits, none of the problems.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
You don't have to fire anyone. You just sign anyone you're not sure of to a short contract and quietly future endeavor them when they cause a stir.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Twisted Eye posted:

Yeah I was hoping that the mixed-gender wrestling would be somewhat unrestricted, but you know I wouldn't put it past them to hype it up, then have the final result be a stupud Specialty Mixed Gender Tag match option--on an enemy tag out, the computer takes over and walks you to the corner to tag automatically

Still, I'm kinda hopeful that they get some stuff right. The new announcers are WAY overdue, especially after the JBL addition was half-assed and lovely

This is exactly why my spouse and I haven't been buying the games recently. She spent hours on creating a female character to find out she could only use it against the other six (at the time) women on the roster.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Jeez, there's 800+ viewers watching the Director and the Twitter guy stream Fire Pro World.

https://www.twitch.tv/spike_chunsoft

Director is currently giggling himself to death making a panda character.

- edit More moves/parts confirmed for free DLC during early access. They're hoping if it's a success, they can stay in production and add additional game modes but they don't know how they'd release those.

- edit 2 Now they're having a Panda vs The Creature From The Black Lagoon Chupacabra deathmatch. Haha.

- edit 3 You can fight up the ramp and on the stage. - edit 4 New apron moves.

- edit 5 They're talking about potentially adding a hidden value where weak submissions will only do damage instead of submit in certain modes like pro wrestling.

-edit 6 Bug where wrestlers would stop tagging out in the longer tag matches has been fixed. - edit 7 They were suppose to do a wrap party tonight but they found some last minute bugs so they're working double overtime to try to squash them before launch.

- edit 8

quote:

non-symmetrical parts is another one of those things, "Would be nice... if we can get around to it"

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 10, 2017

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"
I can't say how happy I am to have another Firepro coming out. Watching the stream, I can't wait to be playing around with it. I can get lost in CPU logic for hours and setting up 32 person G1s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

no matter what these fuckheads say it's just "same poo poo different year" over and over. none of these games will ever be good. similarly to how MDickie;s games will never get better than for a laugh because he's too up his own rear end to improve literally anything that isn't HIS VISION (jumps off a building and blows up all my limbs)

I'm so glad there's a good wrestling game coming out today