Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

does the NY athletic commission oversee wrestling because I will lol forever if doing the MSG house show caused jinder to get caught

No, and this is one of the main reasons vince & co were so into changing terminology and not acting like it was a legitimate contest anymore, so they wouldn't have to deal with athletic comissions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

freud mayweather posted:

they were literally concerned for his wellness :(

hasnt he been losing a lot of weight, i remember thinking he had slimmed down considerably the last time i saw him on tv

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Cardboard Box posted:

hasnt he been losing a lot of weight, i remember thinking he had slimmed down considerably the last time i saw him on tv

He sorta yo-yos, it looks like.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Platypus Farm posted:

He sorta yo-yos, it looks like.

I think we can all relate.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think y'all are reading a bit much into this. It was an MSG house show, those are always bigger deals, and maybe they did it to try to improve house show business. It's not a bad idea really. I mean MAYBE Kev is in trouble but that wasn't my immediate thought.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oldpainless posted:

Why was Aries released? ASK QUESTIONS

PWTorch suggests that he didn't like being slotted with the Cruiserweights, and also suggested that he had an attitude backstage that people weren't thrilled about.

I think I've posted this before but Aries when he was in NXT flat out refused to go to the Performance Center even on a part time basis. When Roderick Strong first signed he was going to be an outside NXT shows part timer only and live where he always lived. Aries's attitude towards going to the Performance Center lead to WWE scrapping Roddy's original contract and WWE paying Roddy relocation expenses to live closer to the Performance Center so he could work with the trainees occasionally.

It worked out for Roddy as he got "discovered" by Coach Shawn Michaels and got his post Wrestlemania push we are seeing now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ZPGIFs/status/883516574631636992

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

love the 'oh gently caress im gonna have to get through this' hiss at the start

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sportsgenius86 posted:

Maybe Jinder wellnessed and they needed to open up a heel for Randy at the PPV

tbh they'd just have Randy win or pull the trigger on Corbin. Or both.

Y'know, like when their champ got wellnessed around this time last year!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think y'all are reading a bit much into this. It was an MSG house show, those are always bigger deals, and maybe they did it to try to improve house show business. It's not a bad idea really. I mean MAYBE Kev is in trouble but that wasn't my immediate thought.

Honestly, I think it's just this. You gotta keep it in people's minds that this CAN happen every so often.

I mean, MSG is bullshit and they should've done it in Detroit, but, hey, can't win 'em all.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MithGifs/status/883613032210878464

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

How did you get footage of me waking up in the morning.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's also a belt that's been treated as an utter joke for the most part of the last couple decades. It likely made the MSG show feel more special and most fans don't give a poo poo about the title anyway.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Give me a nice long run of the AJ Styles Open Challenge. Hell maybe they can even have him face a few cruiserweights, I'd love to see him against Cedric Alexander.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

SamuraiFoochs posted:

maybe they did it to try to improve house show business

Styles did a wwe.com interview right after where he basically says "this is why you always go to our live events" so yeah, this is a big part of it

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

wtf is Dixie Carter doing on wwe

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Let's go over the concrete evidence about this

Owens lost the title
Owens is fat
Pecan pie with chocolate chips in it is delicious
I'm hungry

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Little Mac posted:

wtf is Dixie Carter doing on wwe

Bought the company.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

oldpainless posted:

Let's go over the concrete evidence about this

Owens lost the title
Owens is fat
Pecan pie with chocolate chips in it is delicious
I'm hungry

as you can see, conclusive evidence that AJ Styles is gonna get really loving fat

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Abroham Lincoln posted:

as you can see, conclusive evidence that AJ Styles is gonna get really loving fat

Fat AJ Styles would be the greatest wrestler to have ever existed, i'm not sure we're prepared

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

congrats on the ko follow rov

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

John Dudebro posted:

Fat AJ Styles would be the greatest wrestler to have ever existed, i'm not sure we're prepared

He needs to go back to Japan if he ever gets fat and become the God of Strong Style.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6IUMeSSRC4

"And today on UpUpDownDown we will be playing Dokapon Kingdom"

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Biff Malibu is an awesome name

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/883697987767218176 https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/883698470460284929

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
On a scale of stubbing your toe and getting kicked really hard in the balls where does tearing your quads rank? Worse than a dislocated kneecap?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So Smackdown is having a house show down here in the RGV (Rio Grande Valley) tomorrow, I wonder if AJ is going to come out with the title, or if Owens will. That should be interesting.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

They were both on the same show?? :psyduck:

Holy poo poo

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jiro posted:

So Smackdown is having a house show down here in the RGV (Rio Grande Valley) tomorrow, I wonder if AJ is going to come out with the title, or if Owens will. That should be interesting.

why would Owens come out with the title when WWE published that AJ won it at MSG

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I hope everyone who is mad at Aries for believing in a bunch of bad poo poo is mad that racist homophobe AJ Styles got a belt.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
All wrestlers are dumb and bad, but they are good and cool. Wrestling is a crazy world man.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

MassRafTer posted:

I hope everyone who is mad at Aries for believing in a bunch of bad poo poo is mad that racist homophobe AJ Styles got a belt.
You're right, Austin Aries getting owned is good and AJ Styles should also be owned

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Basic Chunnel posted:

You're right, Austin Aries getting owned is good and AJ Styles should also be owned

I am sad that this means he won't have to lose to Jinder.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The MSG show wasn't a sellout, btw

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Chris James 2 posted:

That's actually pretty crazy for a wwe show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

It's pretty rare for them to sell out MSG. It's pretty rare for them to sell out a house show so that's not a surprise.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Stupid beliefs aside from what I've heard of Aries he either wants to be used prominently or he doesn't want to be there, so naturally WWE was going to be a bad fit unless you're one of their hand-picked few.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

But the real important news is

At first I thought that was Retired Undertaker

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

extradite THIS! posted:

At first I thought that was Retired Undertaker

Strong family resemblance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU