Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

lmao

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The math checks out

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I see Finn has a new twitter account.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

new BDS campaign against Red Bull

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

idgi

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
FIFA has a single-player story that involves a fake player and it feels like a marketing major's wet dream.

Also lolling at this fake player saying Chelsea is a top club with amazing fans. No word on if they pull out the ol' A4s when the fake player doesn't play well.

Also I know this is pathetic (perfect for this thread!), but I feel like people really need to watch this. It's tough to get through, but these fans have made a song for Chattanooga FC that's to the tune of that "this is my fight song" song... you know, "Fight Song"

TheBigAristotle posted:

There's a nice goal in here, somewhere. But the crowd songs. The crowd songs are... perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYMnBU9KRM

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/882861521637953536

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, @thehotrain is right!

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I've thought about this long and hard and I figure I'll just go ahead and give my thoughts considering this is a conspiracy thread:
Before Mourinho came back in 2013, it was well known that Abramovich loved Pep Guardiola and the style of football he had for his teams. He tried his very best to lure Pep out of his sabbatical after we parted ways with Di Matteo.

Once that didn't work, we needed an interim manager and we got Rafa Benitez. Roman thought he could try again after the 12/13 season to lure Pep again to Chelsea. Roman fails again as Pep agreed to become the next manager of Bayern Munich. Giant blow to Abramovich as the manager he longed for did not seem much interested in the Premier League for the moment.

Despite winning the Europa League and Rafa steadying the ship to get us 3rd, we haven't won the league since 2010, and want to get back to winning trophies more consistently. Since Rafa was leaving and Pep was headed to Bayern, Roman knew he had to swallow his pride and get the best available manager. So Jose Mourinho came back.

This is where it gets interesting. Roman never wanted Jose back but he knew he had to suck it up and do what was best for the club. Mourinho didn't want a Chelsea return either. It's well documented Sir Alex contacted Mourinho about potentially joining Manchester United as next manager but was told he was already agreed to join Chelsea. You have to remember, in 2013, Mourinho had spent almost 5 years away from English football. While Mourinho long desired to join a club like Manchester United, his decision to join Chelsea as opposed to hold out for the United job was simply down not knowing how well his tactics and style of football would play out. He's so afraid of failure that he didn't want to get to United and fail after not coaching in the country for 5 years. He chose to join Chelsea to get his feet back in the water while also getting revenge on those that forced him out.

You see despite all the grandstanding, Mourinho never cared about Chelsea. The man has played way more youth and believed in more youth products at Man United than he did at Chelsea and we have the better Academy! Romelu Lukaku, Kevin de Bruyne, Ryan Bertrand, Thibaut Courtois. Just 4 of the players that could have set Chelsea up for the next 10 years all sent away by Mourinho initially.

Despite the first year's striker options being Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto'o, and Demba Ba, Mourinho refused to give Lukaku a chance and later moved on to Everton for an astounding £28m. After alienating Juan Mata and selling him to United despite being 2 time Chelsea player of the year and showing endless amounts of quality, Mourinho decided it was time to play Oscar and that Oscar was the better option in the no.10 role. What about De Bruyne? No De Bruyne not good enough so he has KdB sold to Wolfsburg. No quality no.10s gone in sacrifice for Oscar who's never lived up to the hype and isn't even at Chelsea anymore.

Mourinho didn't see Courtois as the #1 at first as he went back to his preferred Petr Cech and we signed Mark Schwarzer. And Ryan Bertrand. Never even given a chance. He was a budding young player that's seen it all in a relatively short period of time. Jose didn't see Ashley Cole as a reliable option any more which is understandable given his age. But instead of playing Ryan Bertrand, he moved Azpilicueta to LB. Ryan Bertrand would soon thereafter move to Southampton and show how good he really is.

Had Mourinho kept these players (Mata and Lukaku especially) we probably would have won the league in 2013/14. Crippling losses to Sunderland, an annoying draw to West Ham hurt us that season.

Fast forward to the next season we win the league and the League Cup which is great. But some more signs appear that hurt the squad's morale and ended up being his undoing. He introduced more youngsters into the squad this season. Ruben Loftus-Cheek being the most notable. Mourinho hypes this lad up. Saying he's going to be the greatest thing English football has seen. Expectations are so high for this kid. He's 18 going on 19 years old and he gets his first Champions League appearance. Wow this is really happening? We've got a special one on our hands here! Mourinho says that preseason that Dom Solanke, Izzy Brown and Ruben Loftus-Cheek will all be playing for England within 3 years. Ruben is the only one involved with the first team. He rarely plays throughout the season after that one Champions League appearance. There's no sign that Mourinho actually believes in him. It's been almost 3 years and none of them are close to playing for England. Solanke is close to leaving Chelsea, Izzy had an okay loan spell at Huddersfield and RLC is certainly going to leave on loan in the summer (Brighton have been linked). After losing 2-1 to Newcastle away, our form really dropped. A very underwhelming draw to Southampton, we beat West Ham but then get demolished 5-3 to Spurs at White Hart Lane. Our form for the remainder of the season was dire and we were lucky Man City or Arsenal couldn't keep up. In the FA Cup, we lose 4-2 in embarrassing fashion to Bradford City. A full day removed from Mourinho saying if Chelsea lose to Bradford City it would be a disgrace. In Champions League, Mourinho goes into the 2nd leg with a nice 1-1 away goal advantage v PSG. They go down to 10 men and still Mourinho got outclassed by Laurent Blanc of all people and we get eliminated. Mostly because we were set up not to lose rather than to actually try and kill the tie. They were quick and dangerous, we were slow and uninspiring and were set up like that. Hazard was basically playing LWB ahead of the LB Azpilicueta. It was more or less a 4-4-1 formation because Oscar was incredibly anonymous the entire match.

Fast forward to our post season tour of Australia. We win 1-0 against Sydney FC in a friendly. Ruben Loftus-Cheek starts that match but was taken off after like 23 minutes. After the match, Mourinho took his moment during his press conference to absolutely shred Ruben to pieces talking about how bad he is off the ball and how he didn't care about playing for Chelsea and how he didn't take this serious enough. Again, it's a loving friendly and Jose is ripping him like it was the Champions League Semi Final.

His final season at Chelsea. We start preseason strangely late. Middle of July. We lose 4-2 to New York Red Bulls who basically played all their kids because they had a match 2 days prior. We lose 1-0 to Fiorentina at home, 1-0 to Arsenal in the Charity Shield. Our best players Costa and Hazard come back fat and ineffective. We draw 2-2 to Swansea and Mourinho decides hey yanno what? gently caress THIS PHYISO WE GOT HERE. It's week 1 of the new season and he's already stirring poo poo up. The media turns it into a sexism thing because he apparently called her a filha da puta. Then reports of players leading a revolt and Fabregas trying to force Mourinho out, then Fabregas gets his license suspended, losses pile up and in his final press conference as Chelsea manager, he says he brought these players to a level they actually aren't and they betray his game plan.

He's sacked, the pressure is on Louis van Gaal at Manchester United, he sits in his house in London waiting because he knows what job is about to open up. The bookies already make him the favourite for the job. Once he gets the job, media speculates about Juan Mata's future at United. Jose says no no no Mata is a great player. I need him here. I need him more now that I did at Chelsea (which is loving poo poo). He's playing and trusting more youth at United, he's patting the badge at United like he's already a legend, he's thrown shots at Chelsea and Chelsea fans. He dubbed himself Judas. Not the Chelsea fans. Many were/are okay with him going to United.

All in all, he ruined some of our best talent or sold them elsewhere and Chelsea were left with lack of depth in the squad (still are really). I didn't think he expected us to win the league, but he's at United now with one of the most beloved players in recent Chelsea history. He's suddenly good enough in Jose's eyes but not at Chelsea. Oh and lest I forget. Before the 15/16 season started, Jose called Hazard better than Ronaldo, putting all this unnecessary pressure on him and then he goes and has the worst season anyone will ever see from a reigning Player of the Year.

There's nothing to prove my theory but with hindsight, it makes perfect sense. He went back to Chelsea to prove himself in English football, and while there he managed to get revenge on Abramovich for everything that led to his departure the first time in 2007 by managing to let coveted prospects leave when they could have helped us, play poo poo football, fail in Champions League, barely get over the finish line in 14/15 and then go the full half a season 1 point above the relegation zone that allows Chelsea to wind up having it's worst season since the late 80s.

Edit: TL;DR: Mourinho didn't want to fail at United, used Chelsea to reintegrate himself in the PL and tried to take the club down as revenge for his exit in 2007. He played the long game.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
TLDR indeed

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://twitter.com/rogbennett/status/883677964780621824

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
lol :ughh:

https://twitter.com/VICESports/status/883804455296049152

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

https://www.soccergenomics.com/dna-soccer-test/

Can't wait to see how many dumb Americans pay for this.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jesus Christ.

I like how the pretend like Fox News cutting away from the tifo in some way validates their complaint. As if it isn't more likely that fox would cut away for almost any other reason.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I mean they're all hosed up, but #5 :wtc:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/884064814150111233/video/1

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wow, dehumanizing and nonsensical

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/883776888837156867?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

lol no loving way, this has to be a parody

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

JFairfax posted:

it's legit, Crazy Ted linked to their site upthread

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Troy Queef posted:

it's legit, Crazy Ted linked to their site upthread

what the gently caress

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Someone should get some Ronaldo DNA to see how it checks out

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao what the actual gently caress

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

jre posted:

what the gently caress

JFairfax posted:

It is not a parody. You know football in everywhere in the world is a Working Class sport? In the US for the longest time it was seen as the sport rich people's kids took up so they could say they played sports but without having to get real dirty. Also, it was a sport for girls so if you were a non-upper-class boy who liked it then it must have been because you were either wimpy or gay.

There's travelling leagues out in suburbs in a lot places that have teams of seven-year-olds eight-year-olds and parents pay out the loving nose to put their kids in them. And that's just to try out for the teams lol

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 10, 2017

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Hoooooooly poo poo. That is up there as the worst I've seen on here.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
test results indicate your child Brioche needs a blood centrifuge as soon as possible, click here to purchase

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

this owns you racist

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Good news: Your child has Messi-DNA
Bad news: only the autism part

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

saihttam posted:

Good news: Your child has Messi-DNA
Bad news: only the autism part

Hey at least they're still pointing to the specific type of training your kid will need

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

Hey at least they're still pointing to the specific type of training your kid will need

Autists do love their trains.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

Well you still gotta have a little bit of the 'tism in order to be a genius.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Just reading some replies to a tweet to see if anyone knew the answer and I find this gem.

https://twitter.com/zoya78622/status/885590365931229186

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Crazy Ted posted:

In the US for the longest time it was seen as the sport rich people's kids took up so they could say they played sports but without having to get real dirty.

Nah this isnt true

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wasn't "soccer" the sport of girls and dirty brown immigrants?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

oliwan posted:

Wasn't "soccer" the sport of girls and dirty brown immigrants?

That was "sock her" and why there's so much trouble integrating.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

That was "sock her" and why there's so much trouble integrating.

Well you would know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
There is no particular reason to suggest Mourinho’s United are about to join these teams. But if they do it will be a triumph of uniquely burly, gnarled, gangling proportions.