Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

God drat it, I'm all hyped for Forces now. I've been so starved of lovely buttrock that even without Crush 40 on vocals, the theme tune pushed me over the edge.

I can't do this alone,
Even though I am strong,
Need something more than me,
Someone to push me to victory
:rock:

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I didnt know there were gems in 2k6 until along after I beat the game and hid it in someone elses house like criminal evidence.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

WHat if they got Fred Durst to sing the next game's theme?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

God drat it, I'm all hyped for Forces now. I've been so starved of lovely buttrock that even without Crush 40 on vocals, the theme tune pushed me over the edge.

I can't do this alone,
Even though I am strong,
Need something more than me,
Someone to push me to victory
:rock:

Whatever happened to Crush 40 anyway? I loved those guys. :(

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

They were at Summer of Sonic last year (I'm reminded of them giving random fans in the audience the mic for certain lines, which led to a rather hilarious moment when one of them sang their line horrendously off-key), so there's that.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

I never made a furry OC before-

LIAR!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The guy who writes the songs for Crush 40 is the same guy who picks the vocalists for the other Sonic series songs, including Hoobastank Man.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Next game's song will be Spindash My Nutsack by a Vocaloid programmed to sound like GG Allin.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Screaming Idiot posted:

Whatever happened to Crush 40 anyway? I loved those guys. :(

Johnny was at TooManyGames in Philly the weekend before last. So still around, just apparently not doing Sonic games right now.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pigbuster posted:

I hope other people's OCs are used to populate the rebel headquarters or something, I want to see everyone's abominations.

The Wii used to do this for audiences in stuff like Wii tennis; it's populate them with miis from your friends list. Not just the main mii, but all of the joke ones you made, too. Which meant that for lots of people, they'd be playing in front of an endless crowd of Hitlers.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Sonic Forces has a huge mammal bias, if this was a game truly aimed at my inner child, it would allow me to make reptiles and dinosaurs. No turtles or gators? Bullshit. 0/10.

Vector the Crocodile is the best forgotten Sonic character next to Nack the Weasel.

It's technically true, my Sanic OC was E-107 Theta who was Gamma painted green, so I guess that's a robotty botsona
:goonsay:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

WHat if they got Fred Durst to sing the next game's theme?

If they did, then I better see a recreation of this promo with Sonic and Robotnik replacing Stone Cold and The Rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srhd2fZyDB4

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Sonic Forces has a huge mammal bias, if this was a game truly aimed at my inner child, it would allow me to make reptiles and dinosaurs. No turtles or gators? Bullshit. 0/10.

Vector the Crocodile is the best forgotten Sonic character next to Nack the Weasel.

It's technically true, my Sanic OC was E-107 Theta who was Gamma painted green, so I guess that's a robotty botsona

Vector the Crocodile is literally in Sonic Forces.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Vector the Crocodile is literally in Sonic Forces.

Yeah but i cant make him a perfect Waifu OC Raster the Alligator

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My life is just a bit emptier because I cannot make Find Thecomputerroom The Crocodile just to spite him.

edit: I'm not the only person here who is going to name-gary-oak my way through Sonic Forces, right? BUTTSLAP The Bilby will be the hero the Sonic universe truly deserves.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Apropos of nothing, we should all take the time to reenjoy this wonderful video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpPLkhbbwD4

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Been thinking about Sonic today. YouTube Music filled my "offline mixtape" with Sonic remixes, and I felt the need to go fast. So I went to the park, strapped on my rollerblades and spent an hour cruising around the rink, skating to great tunes, and thinking about how great Sonic Mania is going to be.

I hope you all had a great day, and that maybe you had a chance to feel the sunshine and forget about the rain.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

Apropos of nothing, we should all take the time to reenjoy this wonderful video.

I remember watching the original version of this video. It's so good.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I never thought I'd listen to a videogame remix this good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8anwRKOx9w

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
Been thinking about Sonic today. I wonder, will Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces both be good? I swear, getting two sonic games in one year feels like a 'Monkey's Paw' kind of wish.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mania will definitely be good. Forces will probably be just okay.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

I wanna make my fursona, which is a lobster man.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CowboyAndy posted:

Been thinking about Sonic today. I wonder, will Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces both be good? I swear, getting two sonic games in one year feels like a 'Monkey's Paw' kind of wish.
At the least Mania will be Sonic 2 port quality and Forces will be Generations with fursona quality.

So probably both good?

And after both are successful Sega decides to make Sonic Boom 2 or Loster World or some poo poo and we have to wait another five or six years for Generations 2.5

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Detective No. 27 posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
I wonder what Sonic Mania's special stage will be like? Crossing my fingers it is not another half pipe!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What if the special stages are a mix of old special stage types, like the blue balls, half pipe, chaotix's tunnel etc.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
What is the special stages are the Chaotix bonus ring stages?!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I hope there's no bonus stages.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Collecting blue balls in a half pipe which itself is tumbling through a pinball machine maze

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I hope the special stage is a fishing simulator where you have to fish for chaos emeralds

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Frankston posted:

I hope the special stage is a fishing simulator where you have to fish for chaos emeralds

Ok, I'm open to bonus stages again.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Each special stage is a feature-complete emulated port of one of the mobile sonic games. You have to get the all emeralds ending to beat the stage.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I just hope the special stages aren't needlessly difficult or at least let you try them again without having to go through too much.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

elf help book posted:

I hope there's no bonus stages.

I hope when you hit start on the title screen it just jumps to credits and there is no game

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Detective No. 27 posted:

That's a good choice. How come furries always gotta be like, foxes and wolves? You know, pick something outta the box, man. Like a blind mold rat or a giant isopod.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I hope when you hit start on the title screen it just jumps to credits and there is no game

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I hope when you hit start on the title screen it just jumps to a Mystery Skulls music video.

FTFY

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Schwarzwald posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HzU_B-0ofo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

i wonder if stardust speedway in mania will have past/future mechanics