Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Joementum posted:

young men in the northeast are the smartest and most correct, you say? interesting. 🤔

hitler alert

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

the suck zone seems p well liked to me, dunno why every mod has to come in and try to change it every month or two, fail and then complain about how sucky the suck zone is

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If I had to guess I honestly would have pegged the SMBC guy as a hillaryman

but I fully admit that might just be because I find him obnoxious

Maybe he was last year but matty'd it up since then :shrug:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Condiv posted:

the suck zone seems p well liked to me, dunno why every mod has to come in and try to change it every month or two, fail and then complain about how sucky the suck zone is

well the worst suck zone posters decided to move to the trump thread, not understanding that this thread was actually created to contain them

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i think complainin about the suck zone constantly is probs worse than the suck zone which i dont actually hate tbh cuz i dont care im really cool

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

loquacius posted:

It is astounding how many #resist people's objections to Trump boil down to this

like, the key difference between Trump and Bush, really, is that Twitter wasn't a thing yet when Bush took office

Bush was a useful idiot, troump is genuinely insane and also a horrible oval office.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Yinlock posted:

well the worst suck zone posters decided to move to the trump thread, not understanding that this thread was actually created to contain them

I'm amazed I somehow broke out of the worst suck zone poster list

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

loquacius posted:

It is astounding how many #resist people's objections to Trump boil down to this

like, the key difference between Trump and Bush, really, is that Twitter wasn't a thing yet when Bush took office

Bush's lovely policies were somewhat planned out. Trumps smooth brain prevents him from thinking more than 20 minutes into the future.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can't make this stuff up laffo

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/883668098431291392

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

nopantsjack posted:

Bush was a useful idiot, troump is genuinely insane and also a horrible oval office.

The Nastier Nate posted:

Bush's lovely policies were somewhat planned out. Trumps smooth brain prevents him from thinking more than 20 minutes into the future.

Lol don't do this

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Condiv posted:

I'm amazed I somehow broke out of the worst suck zone poster list

They left so you're back on it

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Macron is actually all the worst parts we thought of Hillary Clinton. The French got the president they deserved, as did we.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

loquacius posted:

Weiner's been left wing for ages, many of his comics are actually pretty critical of the dumb bullshit our society gets up to

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

They left so you're back on it

:negative: it wasn't supposed to be like this...

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Frijolero posted:

Lol don't do this

everything trumps done bush would have done and im not sure why people keep acting otherwise

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Agean90 posted:

everything trumps done bush would have done and im not sure why people keep acting otherwise

yeah but he wouldn't have been *rude* about it

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

loquacius posted:

His alt text for that comic is: Oh please oh please don't let anyone take this as for or against any position.
So with this one he's hoping people don't assume one way or another(which they will anyway), which is fine for comedy.

I find most of the comics pretty entertaining (there are some misses, but they ain't too bad) and I can't recall any egregiously leaning comics one way or another despite any potential political leanings. I found this one was rather on point for the SUCK ZONE

I have a huge webcomic problem and it's the only reason I have a RSS reader.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

nopantsjack posted:

that's the thing, the only real difference in terms of what those two things mean out of the presidency is "decorum"

When it comes down to it, the only policies that are likely to make it all the way out of Trump's White House through a semi-hostile Congress into federal law are the same ones Dick Cheney would have loved

For all we know Bush was a horrible oval office in private too, he just didn't have a magic button that let him take whatever random-rear end thought he just had and broadcast it to the entire world

The Nastier Nate posted:

hot take: this is actually an advantage because it means he's Really Bad At Politics and can never get Congress to do what he says

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
lol both Macron and Trudeau are huge turds.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ThndrShk2k posted:

I have a huge webcomic problem and it's the only reason I have a RSS reader.

I used to as well but these days I just get caught up on SGR and Paranatural every couple weeks when I can remember to

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Any daily comic is going to have misses. But you just go onto the next joke, like Airplane or a Mel Brooks movie

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

loquacius posted:

that's the thing, the only real difference in terms of what those two things mean out of the presidency is "decorum"

When it comes down to it, the only policies that are likely to make it all the way out of Trump's White House through a semi-hostile Congress into federal law are the same ones Dick Cheney would have loved

For all we know Bush was a horrible oval office in private too, he just didn't have a magic button that let him take whatever random-rear end thought he just had and broadcast it to the entire world

Lmao not wanting the west run by a deranged narcissistic molestor with absolutely no experience whatsoever is being obsessed with decorum now?

That's the most searingly American take iv heard in weeks.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

The liberal elite can't handle tyumps down to earth brain damage.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

nopantsjack posted:

The liberal elite can't handle tyumps down to earth brain damage.

they're brain damaged too

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9LJ-Hc2QmU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
No one here is going to argue the Bush administration was anything other than terrible, but I dont think its wrong to say that on the bad presidents scale Bush could be a 7 while Trump is on track to close out on a 9.
10 is reserved for ending America in nuclear Hellfire, which is still a possibility.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

anime was right posted:

nothing matters, who gives a poo poo.

Serf
May 5, 2011

lmao @ that fourth panel. who the gently caress views introducing anyone into the labor force as a good thing? i would call it a parody but the other panels disprove that theory, so this person is actually a dipshit

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

nopantsjack posted:

Lmao not wanting the west run by a deranged narcissistic molestor with absolutely no experience whatsoever is being obsessed with decorum now?

Yes, because in terms of actual action hes just another republican president. yes him being an idiot to heads of state is funny, but ultimately meaningless.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Condiv posted:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

The Nastier Nate posted:

No one here is going to argue the Bush administration was anything other than terrible, but I dont think its wrong to say that on the bad presidents scale Bush could be a 7 while Trump is on track to close out on a 9.
10 is reserved for ending America in nuclear Hellfire hellfire, which is still a possibility.

Trump is a smooth brained moron Fox News Grampa but he hasn't started something as horrific as the Iraq war. yet.

so while you're probably right that he's on track for a 9, Bush is already there for me.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

nopantsjack posted:

if you're one of the "we miss bush!" liberals then ya you're p obsessed with decorum

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gently caress yeah

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Serf posted:

lmao @ that fourth panel. who the gently caress views introducing anyone into the labor force as a good thing? i would call it a parody but the other panels disprove that theory, so this person is actually a dipshit
Yes, Neoliberal Genghis Khan is not something to aspire to.

ThndrShk2k has issued a correction as of 15:50 on Jul 8, 2017

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Unless you mean the author then I think you missed the joke.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Condiv posted:

if you're one of the "we miss bush!" liberals then ya you're p obsessed with decorum

I admit I haven't looked in this thread for months and I'm a foreigner but at what point did Dems or whoever is posting in this thread swap from "we must not normalise trump" to "trump is normal, maybe even better than normal because he's SO stupid and reckless he can't do anything"?

I don't agree with either position but I do think trump is a uniquely awful president at least in the modern era.
Action wise... He's only been in for 160 odd days lol.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

nopantsjack posted:

I admit I haven't looked in this thread for months and I'm a foreigner but at what point did Dems or whoever is posting in this thread swap from "we must not normalise trump" to "trump is normal, maybe even better than normal because he's SO stupid and reckless he can't do anything"?

I don't agree with either position but I do think trump is a uniquely awful president at least in the modern era.
Action wise... He's only been in for 160 odd days lol.

define awful and modern. because we've had a consistent string of them since Nixon.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Condiv posted:

the suck zone might be jim dandy for its regulars but its a throbbing wizard turd to everyone else, hence its low number of regulars compared to any other thread as persistent as it

iks are kinda obligated to keep an eye on it tho and shock!! its annoying as poo poo, so we try to use the buttons to make it more tolerable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Serf posted:

:yikes:

• Locked thread