Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Radical posted:

id like to get excited for NA being good but if history has taught me anything they're not gonna win a single game at worlds after doing well here

I think NA can definitely take games off of LPL and EU teams, and maybe some of the lower ranked Korean teams, but SKT looks absolutely unstoppable. Like, they've always looked absolutely unstoppable, but Blank's just a loving god now and I don't think even brave hero MikeYeung can compete against him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Wow that was a gorgeous play. High risk but crazy reward and they nailed it.

Edit: Exileh just straight up killed Hyli there...what the gently caress man. Just take the arrow and let him eat you!

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 8, 2017

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

This is loving brutal.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
still really curious how well TL would do in EULCS

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

There's the TSM of yesterday.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Lmao Sven giveth and Sven taketh away.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lmao lord svenskaren i'm sorry i ever doubted you

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I like the style kill sven got after the Baron steal.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Sven baited TSM intentionally there so he could 1v5 and make sure Regi doesn't consider replacing him in offseason.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Looking like a clean sweep of UOL. UOL just looks worse in every facet than TSM.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This is like like 5 years of trolls saying "NA _______" chickens coming home to roost

Though it's not like it'll ever stop NA plays meaning garbage :lol:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lovechop posted:

man what happened to eu jesus

He went to echo fox

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Not to be rude here, Xerxe, but if you don't play Lee Sin in 2017, you probably shouldn't be playing jungle in professional League of Legends.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Man look at TSM's line of control wards in river, giving Double a straight shot for a blind arrow.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Congrats to the best team in the world and the best team in all of history (the GOAT), TSM.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

there's the doublelift i know and love

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yo Doublelift died again.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

that was a GODLIKE barrel by honker

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Vermain posted:

that was a GODLIKE barrel by honker

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Bot lane stream has some great insights about how UOL hugely misplayed their lead and the poor macro that lead up to TSM winning that big fight. Really interesting stuff.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
wait what

TSM won that game?

wtf i turned the stream on mute to make food for like 10 minutes and it's over what the hell happened

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

AttackBacon posted:

Bot lane stream has some great insights about how UOL hugely misplayed their lead and the poor macro that lead up to TSM winning that big fight. Really interesting stuff.

You mean you can do things other than stack 5 mid???

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Same old story, looks like UOL doesn't understand macro and warding properly and just roll the dice on chaotic teamfights and aggressive plays to take their wins. Once they play into a team that can stand toe to toe in the teamfights and does understand the macro game then UOL gets rolled. They might have taken a game during the series with a chaotic fight or a TSM misplay but there wasn't really any way TSM could have lost the series.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Good poo poo, real funny guys. See you at worlds

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Worlds isn't canon so I'll probably skip it again. Haha. Cheers.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

UoL made TSM look like SKT briefly there, right down to the notorious game 3 sloppiness into TSM buckling down and straight up outfighting them.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
You guys think a western team could take worlds if it was double elimination?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Depends on if the special worlds patch that buffs all of fakers champions happens again, as it has every year to date.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

henkman posted:

Good poo poo, real funny guys. See you at worlds

once the games are actually important there will be plenty of time for doublelift to dash into viktor ults again

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah personally I feel like not having constant international competition and having it as a single elim tournament just favors the Koreans way too much. There's not much for other regions can do to prepare themselves in a tournament setting against them. Idk i don't watch league that much because Korea always comes out on top and I think that's boring.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Actually NA teams historically prepare very well and brutally beat up the stagnant and lovely Korean teams, who are then forced into the league mine to play 20 hours a day during the insane week downtime between games because a tournament needs to last a month and a half for some reason.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

You guys think a western team could take worlds if it was double elimination?

No, but double elimination would be a lot more entertaining to watch than the current system

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

Actually NA teams historically prepare very well and brutally beat up the stagnant and lovely Korean teams, who are then forced into the league mine to play 20 hours a day during the insane week downtime between games because a tournament needs to last a month and a half for some reason.

Oh wait yeah what the gently caress lmao. I completely forgot that they do this. It's so dumb.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
yeah it's pretty sad that they are all cheaters over there (powdered adderall ground into the gamer fuel. very dishonest)

once richard lewis has made his 100th video about how trump is actually really good i heard he's going to go to kr and blow this case wide open

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I agree that people who don't like skt probably all voted for Donald Trump & abuse their wives.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Lovechop posted:

yeah it's pretty sad that they are all cheaters over there (powdered adderall ground into the gamer fuel. very dishonest)

Do you have a good ratio for this?? I'm going to a pinball tournament tonight and I might as well get an edge

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Omnikin posted:

Do you have a good ratio for this?? I'm going to a pinball tournament tonight and I might as well get an edge

i was at some place the other day that had this table and honestly no amount of drugs could have distracted from it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
If you want to see a nice comeback, watch Game 5 between CBLOL and CLS at Rift Rivals finals.

edit: Also, look at the results for the CIS-Turkey Rift Rivals group stage and laugh.

Max Coveri fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 9, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I missed the OGN Champions format so much, I love Rift Rivals. I think China just won their only match though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

RealFoxy posted:

I missed the OGN Champions format so much, I love Rift Rivals. I think China just won their only match though.

I think WE can beat anyone but SKT, and both RNG and OMG should be able to beat MVP right now. Getting the win over SSG is probably the hump that opens things up for LPL to legit win this.

• Locked thread