Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

R.D. Mangles posted:

karnowski petitioning the NBA to be allowed to play in a single-strap unitard

Get rid of sleeves, hell get rid of one strap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
THIS A LEGITIMATE SOURCE

https://twitter.com/JSports_ent/status/883735973934362625

(he seems to know a few Knicks and they've told him they were told Melo's being traded)

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

EvanTH posted:

THIS A LEGITIMATE SOURCE

(he seems to know a few Knicks and they've told him they were told Melo's being traded)

Evan how do you feel about 7 foot tall Justin Beibers?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
He allegedly broke the Lee signing and Rose. I've seen him on Knicks reddit and realgm, and he hasn't been dismissed like the other "insiders"

I figure it's for Ryan Anderson, and not the Ariza + Gordon package.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Given how the east looks it's a mistake to assume ANY team will be eliminated in January. The last day of the season is gonna be a royal rumble for spots 5-8 most likely.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EvanTH posted:

THIS A LEGITIMATE SOURCE

EvanTH posted:

the Triangle is working

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Lonzo Ball might be good but he has to figure a lot of stuff out and make 38% of his threes because he looks like loving poo poo in the half court

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Evan how do you feel about 7 foot tall Justin Beibers?

Knicks have a 7'3" white guy who can shoot threes and defend, a 7'1" white guy who can shoot threes and can't defend, I dunno I feel like we're stocked up but if Meyers Leonard and Ryan Anderson are what it takes to get Melo off the team then fine bring on the UFOs the tripods and the poison gas welcome to the White Mountains of Manhattan

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Can someone knowledgeable explain why Lonzo was the consensus #2 pick among draftniks for months given his massive flaws? Like, why is "passing" and "court vision" and "size" worth so much that people overlooked his inability to do anything in the half court and his terrible, probably broken shot?

Is it just that he was a better prospect than Jackson, Tatum, Fox, Smith et al? Would Philly, Boston, Phoenix, Sacramento have taken him #2 if the lottery went differently? I know it's Summer League and there's still time, but I have no idea why he was among the top 10 prospects let alone top 3 regardless of his dad and where he landed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's summer league

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

straight up brolic posted:

Lonzo Ball might be good but he has to figure a lot of stuff out and make 38% of his threes because he looks like loving poo poo in the half court

I wasn't exaggerating when I said he played as a sg in the halfcourt. The UCLA offense was very pass heavy, but once it got to half court, Jrue Holiday's other brother and TJ leaf would pass to Ball for open threes or alley oops. He might have started with the ball in his hand but he ceded control of the play to other players. They also had passing lanes that don't exist in the NBA.

He really has to make his threes or he'll bust. He needs to learn how to play defense, because Kendall Marshall, a loving snail in NBA pg terms, was eating his lunch. He needs to learn how to do something off the dribble, he has to improve at nearly everything.

He is a great passer, but all these weaknesses were glaring to me , a former 6 year olds basketball coach, I don't know what NBA scouts saw.

Ben Simmons can at least orchestrate a half court offense, from what I've seen. We'll see how much his poor finishing and lack of jumper and defense have improved. If Embiid is anything to go by, the Sixers have good player development coaches.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Tae posted:

It's summer league
Maybe Lavar told him to be unable to dribble penetrate against Kendall Marshall and brick his threes to set up a dramatic resurgence

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

For me, it's not the fact that he had a bad game, but the manner in which he played the game. He looked like a fraudulent player, regardless of the competition.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbRdqEqEbAQ

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

EvanTH posted:

THIS A LEGITIMATE SOURCE

It better be Ryno if it's Ariza and Gordon I'll be very cross

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Mike D'antoni was having a great time coaching the Houston Rockets and suddenly Melo appeared, intent on sabotaging everything and getting D'antoni and Dan Dantonio fired. Maybe Mike hosed Lala. Maybe Jeff Bzdelik can speak to players on Mike's behalf.

Mike Scott signed a one year 1.7m deal with the Wizards.

I don't remember Fultz playing so limp wristed in college, he's taking soft hands to a new level, jello hands

He looks so relaxed, almost sedated

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 8, 2017

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

The root beer pony keg

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/883728940082135041

So Inspirational :allears:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
FIBA U19 World Cup, Semi-Final. Canada - USA. The 2nd half starts in a couple of minutes. Canada's up 45-42.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQkmMwKk3uY

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Tae posted:

It's summer league

Hence "I know it's Summer League and there's still time..." My question was why was he considered the clear #2 even before we knew the Lakers were picking second. He seems more flawed than Jackson, Tatum, Fox, Monk and Smith.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Disillusionist posted:

Hence "I know it's Summer League and there's still time..." My question was why was he considered the clear #2 even before we knew the Lakers were picking second. He seems more flawed than Jackson, Tatum, Fox, Monk and Smith.

Uhhh because it was prophesied at his very birth??? Magic Johnson understands what curses befall those who try to circumvent the will of Heaven.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Disillusionist posted:

Because Espn wouldn't stop writing articles about every single word said by his dumbass dad

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I tried really hard getting a Big Baller Brand chant going. Was unsuccessful.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Lonzo has THE LOOK and he knows THE SECRET. That's all Magic needed to know.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

WhyteRyce posted:

I tried really hard getting a Big Baller Brand chant going. Was unsuccessful.

have you tried:

B! B-B!
BALL IS ELITE

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/883774997734600704

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

with the max salary system, can it be larger than what Conley? got

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Harden going to get a supermax so yes

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

EvanTH posted:

have you tried:

B! B-B!
BALL IS ELITE

Telling him to stay in his lane and that LiAngelo would have made that shot got some chuckles. I think Laker fans secretly know he's bad

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

whyteryce please go to a bulls game and taunt the opposition for having a mortal amount of foot-bones

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/883779116553469953

Oh mama

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/883779116553469953

well

it has to be posted twice

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Disillusionist posted:

He was a 40%+ 3pt shooter in college basketball so maybe we should wait before calling his shot busted. I'm not a huge fan or anything of his but he's the only freshman I could find who averaged a 14/6/7 on 35%+ 3pt shooting (Jason Kidd as a sophomore is comparable), so I don't see why people are amazed he was so well regarded.

Plus if 1 summer league game is enough to go on, the Bulls got a steal with Kris Dunn.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Harden will only be 32 when that deal's up. Good deal.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

quote:

Lakers say Brandon Ingram (leg cramp) will rest and not play for remainder of summer league. Ingram will likely stay with the team to train but will be held out for precautionary reasons after the cramp scare at end of Friday night's game. Lakers and Magic Johnson saw all they needed to see after Ingram scored an impressive 26 points. No need to risk any further injuries.

Makes sense but it's not gonna make it any easier for Lonzo. Good luck Lonzo Ball

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
That sounds like more than a "leg cramp".

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mike Scott for 1.7 million to the Wizards. That's a really good deal.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

4/228 is 57 mil a season :stare:

That would erase his player option for 2019-2020, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Carlosologist posted:

4/228 is 57 mil a season :stare:

That would erase his player option for 2019-2020, right?

Through 2022-2023 is 5 seasons but it's still pretty hefty!

• Locked thread