Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

From the Steam trading card for Castle:

quote:

...Sledge can knock it down in 2 hits with his hammer,Rainbow Six Siege but the noise he makes will be more than enough warning for the Defenders behind Castle’s walls.

Why did Castle get nerfed, Hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Thief posted:

also is blackbeard that bad or have people just forgotten how to play pirate peekaboo, he might be my most ignored operator lately

Yeah, Blackbeard's shield is absolute rubbish, now. Plus he's slower to aim down his sights, than at his initial release. Whenever I round a corner as a defender and find BB peeking through the corner of a window, I can fire a 2-3 round burst (depending on the gun) to shatter his shield and shoot him in the head, without any worries.
I don't think I've been killed by him at all in recent times, aside from maybe once or twice when he's been lurking in a corner behind me or something. Same for all my friends - BB just isn't that good anymore. Bit sad, really. :( (I agree that he did need a nerf, but the outcome of his nerfs has been a bit much)

Cup Runneth Over posted:

From the Steam trading card for Castle:

quote:

...Sledge can knock it down in 2 hits with his hammer,Rainbow Six Siege but the noise he makes will be more than enough warning for the Defenders behind Castle’s walls.
Why did Castle get nerfed, Hard?

:aaaaa: Wow, I didn't realize that was ever the case! Yeah, that would've been great - since at this stage Sledge is the bane of Castle's existence. Now I'm curious to know why Castle (of all people!) was nerfed, since the advance warning that 'thud' would provide would be extremely useful.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Hard, how difficult would it be to add another bracket between Silver and Gold? I'm getting real tired of the perpetual bouncing between high Silver and low Gold. High Silver is child's play and I end up at the top consistently, low Gold is a curbstomp where it's just me having to grind out 5 or so matches until I get bumped back down again. There's no happy medium. There's not much chance for me to grow in skill. Either I play against people who are really easy to kill and it's just a fun timewaster, or I play against people who have insane map knowledge and wipe the floor with me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Rocket League has aced the ranking system. You always feel like you're up against people of your own skill level. They may be a tiny bit better or a tiny bit worse, but matches can always go either way, and losses don't feel so lovely because you can analyze what you did and realise "yeah I hosed up". But there's not much room for analysis when you're getting insta-headshotted by godlike enemies.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
there have been huge improvements all around and ranked is about as good as its gonna get in this game. if you are solo queing then you will abosolutely bounce as you have been even if you're averaging wonderful k:d ratios

when you play has the biggest impact on how good your opponents will be at anything under platinum

i'm not even gonna go into how many people are purposely deranking this season for the lols but your best bet is to ignore the little rank jpeg next to your avatar because it will only get you fixated on tiers when you've obviously already settled into where you belong until you start playing with a regular team that you mesh well with

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

https://streamable.com/slrth

Pro-tip: Don't follow your opponent's advice.

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

My FPS has been making GBS threads the bed real bad lately and I don't know why. The in game counter will show 80 FPS but its certainly hitting 30 or less at times. I've noticed my CPU usage spiking for Siege, haven't had this problem till a couple weeks ago.

definitely been having random spikes/stutters in the past few weeks. I've been closing all my other programs except Mumble and it hasn't gotten better. Seems like it might be related to physics object impacts because it usually happens when I clip something with my drone or a deployable or someone blows something up, but not every time. Also seems like frequently the first burst of my gun will do it. (And like I said, it didn't use to happen. And I've lowered my graphics settings since then too)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Always check which objective you're playing:
https://streamable.com/3e3rp

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hard, do shotguns have a slug ammunition option yet?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Tbh he could have shot the Fuze charge

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

kapkan is fun imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJXE-WBhLc0

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Kapkan is cool and good. Just like frost I always have the most luck just placing his traps in places with no tactical significance so people don't expect them.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I recently learned that you can place Kapkan traps at ankle level by aiming downwards.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Regardless of height, Kapkan traps will always trigger on a vault through the window/door correct? I'm assuming you can't place a trap so low that an attacker vaulting through a partially broken door wont trigger it, but honestly don't know if it's true.

Orv
May 4, 2011
My hot Frost tip is putting mats in blind spots. If people frequently enter an adjacent room and then back into a corner to shoot into the next one, put it in that corner. Or behind desks/tables people frequently jump.

Not that it matters sometimes, because occasionally my eyes will register and trap and my brain just keeps holding W anyway.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ATP_Power posted:

Regardless of height, Kapkan traps will always trigger on a vault through the window/door correct? I'm assuming you can't place a trap so low that an attacker vaulting through a partially broken door wont trigger it, but honestly don't know if it's true.

I've seen people vault through doors and windows and just go completely over the Kapkan trap without triggering it, even on crouching height.

I also once swung into a window, setting off a trap and taking no damage.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I've seen people vault through doors and windows and just go completely over the Kapkan trap without triggering it, even on crouching height.

I also once swung into a window, setting off a trap and taking no damage.

Hard, please address this issue with your game. Thank you.

We've been yelling at Hard for so long now I figured I try being civil.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 6, 2017

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Hard, please address this issue with your game. Thank you.

We've been yelling at Hard for so long now I figured I try being civil.

It destabilizes me.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Hard posted:

It destabilizes me.

The civility or the yelling?

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Q8ee posted:

The civility I hope.

Yelling at Hard is one the few healthy outlets I have left.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 7, 2017

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"
Holy poo poo this game is good again. New ops eventually?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

yeah, i heard next 2 updates will have 3 ops each!

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Thief posted:

yeah, i heard next 2 updates will have 3 ops each!

I heard that an update a while ago was supposed to have two ops so I'd just wait and see

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
HARD! Settle this Op dispute!

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Surely one of the updates will have two maps to make up for the missed content right guys

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I wonder if any of them will feature some patches to fix the game after developers took a 3 month vacation because they hate Poland. :madmax:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I picked up a ASUS VG248QE for $180 from Craigslist and boy does that 144Hz look good. I can get insta-domed in style now.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Q8ee posted:

The former of course.

AnElegantPeacock posted:

HARD! Settle this Op dispute!

:)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

In lieu of a new map, can we just have Bartlett removed from the game?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

And Favela, and Kanal.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Have a ~hard~ time believing in road-maps from those people.

Edit: Favela is awesome.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Q8ee posted:

And Favela, and Kanal.

Kanal is great.

Also be careful what you wish for lol

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
imo, only the very worst map in the game, Bartlett, should be removed
anything else would be awful

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

favela owns

BOPE operators own

if you're having trouble with capitao, try watching this advanced tutorial for competitive play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BczhT1ByrXA&t=39s

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hard posted:

The former of course.

:)

ftfy

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Yeah I'll believe the new ops when I see them. The game IS better at least.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
So I've taken a break from this game for about two months and may pop it back in soon. Anything I should know that's been done recently? I know we're on Operation Health, but any big updates with that?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I like Bartlett U a lot.

But some of the bomb locations should probably be heavily adjusted.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Nickname Pending posted:

So I've taken a break from this game for about two months and may pop it back in soon. Anything I should know that's been done recently? I know we're on Operation Health, but any big updates with that?

No but we're due a bunch of operators soon, at which point I'll probably come back for more than my weekly charms.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

you can now fine tune your cyber barbie outfits while in que and the little start menu icon will flash when you find a match while alt tabbed which makes like much easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

So hey, I'm looking for a new shooter, and apparently this has matured into a legitimately good game by now. So now I'm mostly just wondering about two things: How approachable is this for a newcomer at this point? Can you pick it up and do reasonably well in short order, or am I just gonna get murdered 24/7 by the veterans until I know all the ins and outs?

Secondly, how grindy is it on average? They're offering that starter edition right now, which is cheaper but makes all the regular characters cost 12,500 of the in-game currency. Is that the kind of thing you could reasonably get over the course of a few days/weeks of active playing, or would I be stuck grinding for months on end until I can afford the next character? How important is it to have a wider selection of characters, and how much of the ingame currency do you need for other assorted stuff?

• Locked thread