Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

Woah, Game Freak does things other than Pokemon?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I want to post "is smtiv/smtiva right wing" because of that post on that stealing knowledge blog but doing that would be a really, really bad idea. I'm posting this here since it isn't games

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
this article is why i was thinking about that: https://medium.com/mammon-machine-zeal/flirting-with-war-4b745c4116ba

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

This article is dumb as hell. It also completely ignores the rather obvious fact that tons of western media also tends to glorify warfare and nationalism for their countries.

Hell, Hollywood has had tons of movies and shows actively screened and altered by the US military. You can even ask Davincie about it, since he wrote his thesis on the subject.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Movie stream starting in 5 min. https://cytu.be/r/kotori

The movie is Brave Story!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

hostess with the Moltres posted:

I want to post "is smtiv/smtiva right wing" because of that post on that stealing knowledge blog but doing that would be a really, really bad idea. I'm posting this here since it isn't games

confused black guy.jpg

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

confused black guy.jpg

file names aren't allowed to have spaces you goober

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Erg posted:

they...they are

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Erg posted:

welcome to the 21st century

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kancolle will lead to world war 3 - a smart person with a brain

edit: also mentioning valkyria chronicles in that article doesnt even make sense because you fight the germans as like, uh, i guess the french and british. there's no japanese characters in that game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Araki posted:

welcome to the 21st century

Never put spaces in your file names. Always be vigilant.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Erg posted:

lol this guy

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

kancolle will lead to world war 3 - a smart person with a brain

edit: also mentioning valkyria chronicles in that article doesnt even make sense because you fight the germans as like, uh, i guess the french and british. there's no japanese characters in that game.
it will, but only because ww3 will be fought over which girl is best, and the kancolle otaku and the idolmasters will team up against the touhous and the love lives

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Command not found.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Moé fleet girls provide us with a ready answer. They’re perfectly suited to harness players’ caring and attachment and tie them to war assets, to take advantage of the abstraction of military hardware from its true purpose, and to champion the cause of fighting against a foreign other.

yeah ill write you guys from the IJN lmao

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

:(

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

don't worry though, the neutral land of バリ3共和国 accepts all fans of akiba pop, dempa music, AND also fans of crayon pop and lyrical school

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

shes right

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

homeless snail posted:

don't worry though, the neutral land of バリ3共和国 accepts all fans of akiba pop, dempa music, AND also fans of crayon pop and lyrical school

Um excuse me Crayon Pop is Korean and therefore decidedly NOT kosher to discuss alongside anime, which is Japanese. Furthermore,

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

Um excuse me Crayon Pop is Korean and therefore decidedly NOT kosher to discuss alongside anime, which is Japanese. Furthermore,
their best song has japanese lyrics though, I give them full immunity

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Command not found.

'erg' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Space Flower posted:

Moé fleet girls provide us with a ready answer. They’re perfectly suited to harness players’ caring and attachment and tie them to war assets, to take advantage of the abstraction of military hardware from its true purpose, and to champion the cause of fighting against a foreign other.

yeah ill write you guys from the IJN lmao

Yet it's still less likely to cause a war than President Trump or even most of the people he followed into office

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

hostess with the Moltres posted:

You'd think that, with the less than flattering portrayals that they've done of people like Shinzo Abe, Shintaro Ishihara and Kimitake Hiraoka (aka Yukio Mishima), Atlus has made their stances fairly clear.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the council has discussed the exemption and unfortunately fans of strawberry milk that do not also like crayon pop as a whole are not permitted inside the republic, I'm sorry

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh kantai collection is kinda inherently propaganda-ish and that isnt that out there a take but that article is so hyperbolic and surface level that its still incredibly moronic

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Akko is good. And cute. :3:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Gotta stock up on CUP MEN.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

please dont doxx me

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Connie knows what's up. :3:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

tbh kantai collection is kinda inherently propaganda-ish and that isnt that out there a take but that article is so hyperbolic and surface level that its still incredibly moronic

Is the propaganda that the abyssals are better?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

Its missing the crucial part of propaganda in how the other side is subhumans and responsible for the financial hardships of your family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Mentat Radnor posted:

Gotta stock up on CUP MEN.

Also on MS CORN.

• Locked thread