Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Hope he gets signed.

https://twitter.com/gravenbabies/status/883160901251198976

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
the south park wwe episode is perfect

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

DEAR RICHARD posted:

the south park wwe episode is perfect

It had decent wrestling.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

south park sucks rear end

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

south park sucks rear end

I haven't agreed with you in a long time but South Park absolutely, positively loving sucks and it's made worse by the fact that the creators are loving morons who think they're the biggest geniuses ever. From what I've seen the latest games seem pretty fun from a design standpoint though. :shobon:

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Nice tanktop, but there is no way Shawn is still clean and sober if he stepped onto the SCAD campus

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If Drew getting jumped means Roddy gets to have the belt and tell his baby,"Daddy done good" then it will be a good year.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Asuka should win forever and hold the belt longer than Moolah tbh.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Observer says there has been talk about next summer doing a tag team tournament on the network similar to the Dusty Rhodes tag team classic.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Jerusalem posted:

If Drew getting jumped means Roddy gets to have the belt and tell his baby,"Daddy done good" then it will be a good year.
All is well until he has to say "Daddy done good" and it comes out like the second lead in a high school play

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

A lot of workers are okay-to-good at pulling off angry-determined in promos but very few can pull off emotional-invested. Roddy Strong is not among them. Foley was one of them and Dolph Ziggler was great at it before his booking made it all meaningless.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

The Observer says there has been talk about next summer doing a tag team tournament on the network similar to the Dusty Rhodes tag team classic.

gonna go ahead and order a trophy nameplate for The Carnies

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

If they couldn't use Chris Hero because they want to trademark it or whatever, he should just be Bob Hero.

And he should start doing some moves like Bob from Tekken.

And he should get even fatter.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I haven't agreed with you in a long time but South Park absolutely, positively loving sucks and it's made worse by the fact that the creators are loving morons who think they're the biggest geniuses ever. From what I've seen the latest games seem pretty fun from a design standpoint though. :shobon:

*Game. The sequel isn't out for a few more months. It was quite good, though I'm not so sure I'd say it was from a design standpoint. Battles were pretty standard JRPG things, and the story is very linear. It *does* manage to look exactly like the show, though, if that's what you meant.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The timing based combat is hardly standard JRPG.

I wish it was because I prefer that style.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

The game was almost explicitly a paper mario/mario and Luigi game. Complete with badges and partner abilities and etc.

Anyways I'm heckin excited for this next takeover. :)

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Roderick Strong is one of the blandest CAW looking people I've ever seen

He also smells like baloney

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

He also smells like baloney

Roddy loving rules dude.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

:agreed:

The_Rob posted:

Roddy loving rules dude.

:agreed:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

roddy is my CAW and his name is just "Dad"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Not enough tattoos

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
But no seriously outside of Aleister Black, and I guess Roode, who the hell is worth watching in the men's division? Like I know roddy is good but they made him so boring it's stupid. Kassius Ohno I forgot about him, he's fun.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
drew mcintyre is good

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

abraham linksys posted:

drew mcintyre is good

Oh yeah drew owns, I forgot about him.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Platypus Farm posted:

Oh yeah drew owns, I forgot about him.

That's the problem right there. "Oh yeah, I forgot about him." Beyond Aleister Black being the designated "we need somebody to replace Finn Balor's crazy/awesome entrances" and Itami being star-crossed and now (apparently) injury-prone, who really is left in the men's division that anyone actually remembers? Can you tell me anything memorable about their characters?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If they didn't go 2-3 weeks at a time without being on TV for more than a backstage promo they'd be more memorable probably.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Why does Full Sail seem to hate Aliyah? Is it some backstage thing? She's not the most phenomenal worker out there, but she seems perfectly serviceable. I felt kind of bad during one episode a few weeks back when the crowd seemed to be booing her for no obvious reason. Straight up X-Pac heat.

Also she jobbed mostly off-screen before the MYC even started and it feels like a waste. :(

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 9, 2017

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Kvantum posted:

That's the problem right there. "Oh yeah, I forgot about him." Beyond Aleister Black being the designated "we need somebody to replace Finn Balor's crazy/awesome entrances" and Itami being star-crossed and now (apparently) injury-prone, who really is left in the men's division that anyone actually remembers? Can you tell me anything memorable about their characters?

Yeah, that's definitely the problem. Roode wears a robe, is a good worker and has a cool entrance. Roddy is boring as gently caress except when Roode provokes him. AB owns and is so memorable with his style and all that he's safe. Ohno is good in the ring, but as far as I can remember, has no real character past "gonna try my best!!" and Hideo stopped giving a poo poo.

Drew is awesome, but I forgot about him. Andrade Almas is very good and I love the party boy gimmick, but he's never around enough/doesn't do enough to bring him to mind. Uhhh....yeah I'm blanking on anyone else.

Tag division has AOP who I love regardless of their questionable workrate, and they are getting demonstrably better every time I see them. But they're memorable. Heavy Machinery is cool and sorta memorable because its two fat strong fuckers but past that, I'd be hard pressed to tell you anythign about them. TM61 has apparently vanished. Sanity is there but that's about all they are, except backing for Nikki Cross which brings me to--

Women's division. Okay we got asuka and nikki who own. We've got ember who is floundering with her lack of connecting with the crowd, and then we've got billy/peyton who are all well and good but that's it. Ruby Riot has pretty much vanished from my memory and...uh...I guess there's Aliyah?

I guess with what I listed there's enough to field a good takeover card, and when they move AB and Drew into title contention or at least into more stout storylines they'll be good. Problem with Aleister is that he, like all wild and creepy satan men doesn't really need a strap and it even seems a little stupid to have him care about it since he's just around to kick people's orbital sockets into their groins.

edit: re: aliyah - I really don't know. She's boring and doesn't really have a character, but that describes the majority of NXT for me right now. Maybe it's that she was so heavily featured on breaking ground and just never went anywhere? At least she hasn't almost killed half the roster like Tino

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

If the rumors about Aleister are true, we might never get him in a substantial story because he'll be on the main roster soon.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Charles Gnarwin posted:

If the rumors about Aleister are true, we might never get him in a substantial story because he'll be on the main roster soon.

I have a feeling that he's the sort that can buck the "hot in nxt, horseshit on the main roster" trend. I don't know why but it's just a feeling I have, hail satan.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aliyah gets like one match every few months and no backstage character stuff at all.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Desumaytah posted:

Why does Full Sail seem to hate Aliyah? Is it some backstage thing? She's not the most phenomenal worker out there, but she seems perfectly serviceable. I felt kind of bad during one episode a few weeks back when the crowd seemed to be booing her for no obvious reason. Straight up X-Pac heat.

Also she jobbed mostly off-screen before the MYC even started and it feels like a waste. :(

She's actually pretty loving bad in the ring, and has made some tweets/comments that rub people the wrong way (she's made some pretty borderline racist remarks). To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if she gets cut sooner or later because of what I listed above.

Also any time she has appeared as decent, usually means she's getting carried.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 9, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Roddy being compelling in this feud is like 90% Roode. Which isn't really a knock, Roode is v classic and it's the job of a classic heel to make the face look good.

In terms of solo wrestlers they're about as flush as they've ever been. People just decided to give up on Itami but I'm still invested in him succeeding. I think Black's in a precarious position and I need to see him in some sort of angle before I can sign off on the idea of him being on top of the division. Ohno's great but he's the Jericho of NXT (except that he's a better face than heel, I guess) and that's fine.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
smdh at all of you fools talking about the men's division and forgetting Johnathan Wrestling.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
At a Florida house show someone heckled Aliyah with "I hope you go down in flames like the real Alliyah" and the fuckin cringe in the armory was palatable

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Part of the issue, as noted, is that the two most memorable/noteworthy guys in NXT (Aleister Black and Drew McIntyre) seem like guys who are gonna get called up to the main roster sooner rather than later.

I really, really like Roddy and love what they've done with him in the last couple of months but he's going to work best chasing the title/going up against an amazing rear end in a top hat like Roode as heel champ.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Remember No Way Jose? What happened to him

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

His big spot was a pop-up punch. Midcard was his ceiling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Remember No Way Jose? What happened to him

He made his return a couple-three weeks back and then.... disappeared again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

No Way Jose seems like he was supposed to be a Rosebud but missed his cue by a couple years

• Locked thread