Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

What does 50 million dollars look like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

vaginal facsimile posted:

What does 50 million dollars look like

The new NBA. I'm on board.

dokmo fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 9, 2017

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Tae posted:

They really need Melo to play the 4 and stay there. Not worried about the fit otherwise because CP3 is probably the one PG that Melo won't argue with.

Who's the alpha banana boat dog, Carmelo?

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Melo isn't banana boat brothers.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Cameron Payne makes me physically ill when I watch him play basketball.

He hosed up Markkanens debut imo

Also fun fact the Bulls misspelled Markkanen's name on the back of his jersey

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Where's the gofundme to pay for Joel's f-bomb fine?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Femur posted:

Melo isn't banana boat brothers.
He took the picture

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ryan Anderson has more guaranteed money left than Melo though. That'd be a lovely deal.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Tatum and Ojeleye have had pretty good nights for Boston. Brown has looked pretty bad. Kuzma has looked good for LA. Lonzo seems to be able to get some good assists off of some bad defensive lapses by Boston -- not sure how this would translate against better talent.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

james let me hold some of that money bredrin

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

DeimosRising posted:

Lakers have got such an incredible fanbase

They're also probably the closest fanbase to Vegas (Clippers don't count)

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

a new study bible! posted:

Where's the gofundme to pay for Joel's f-bomb fine?

https://www.gofundme.com/pay-jojos-fine

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost
Watching the Lakers Celtics summer league game. Is Marty Funkhouser announcing?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CandaceDBuckner/status/883868991956987905

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Wizards have officially matched Otto Porter's offer sheet from the Nets.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Zogo posted:

To put it another way, does anyone here think a bad or average 3P team can win a title going forward? I'm skeptical. OTOH, I could see a long line of mediocre rebounding teams winning the title.

Using 3PM as the measurement then SAS was an average team last year and I am not skeptical of their ability to win a chip (even if they are an underdog). If you say 3P% is the way you should measure it, then you are saying Houston is an average 3-point team and I would say you are mistaken.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Ryan Anderson has more guaranteed money left than Melo though. That'd be a lovely deal.

I think Melo is a net better player than Anderson (depending on situation) but I'd rather have Anderson and his contract if I am trying to rebuild. Trying to develop talent when you have a 30% usage guy ISOing his way around the court is not ideal.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I can't remember where, but I read that the Nets' next target after failing to get Porter is CJ Miles.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

I can't remember where, but I read that the Nets' next target after failing to get Porter is CJ Miles.

I'd bet KCP is the priority but yeah I heard Miles In The Mix as well

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I thought CJ Miles would work well with the Twolves, Crawford is a surprising pickup. Wolves just need guys off the bench who can do anything.

Fun Fact: I went to look at the Wolves summer league to see who I can get excited about and realized there is no one there that I really care about. It's been a LOOOONNNGGGGG time since the Wolves didn't have at least 1 exciting guy playing in Summer League.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Using 3PM as the measurement then SAS was an average team last year and I am not skeptical of their ability to win a chip (even if they are an underdog). If you say 3P% is the way you should measure it, then you are saying Houston is an average 3-point team and I would say you are mistaken.

I think Melo is a net better player than Anderson (depending on situation) but I'd rather have Anderson and his contract if I am trying to rebuild. Trying to develop talent when you have a 30% usage guy ISOing his way around the court is not ideal.

I'm sure he's judging by net 3p which at the results level is correct imo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DeimosRising posted:

Lakers have got such an incredible fanbase

All the obnoxious ones became warriors fans.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

I'm sure he's judging by net 3p which at the results level is correct imo

I don't know how to find that per team.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Ugh I hate it when Lockback and Zogo disagree. I don't know who to believe since you're both brilliant minds.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dexo posted:

All the obnoxious ones became warriors fans.

Trust me, Lakers will never be wanting for obnoxious fans

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

I don't know how to find that per team.

If it's available I don't know where, I think he spreadsheets it

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
A $10k fine for saying gently caress on someone else's snapchat is soooo lame

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Go Tiny Cavs

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wait this isn't the summer league thread

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Lol at fining someone for potty language

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
What happens if you don't pay a fine in the NBA? Can they garnish it?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

If it's available I don't know where, I think he spreadsheets it

I have to get up at 5am tomorrow to catch a plane with my 6 year old daughter. I mention this because I just checked that this laptop does have excel and the math for net points is easy. I think it would just end up mostly the same as 3PM, because the split in shooting % is much smaller than the splits in attempts.

Seriously, 9 teams were under 2000 3PA and Houston shot 3300. I was joking the other day about Houston one day catching fire and hitting 40 3s in a game but it really doesn't seem that far off.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

A $10k fine for saying gently caress on someone else's snapchat is soooo lame

I think its because it was directed at rookie player coming in. I can see why they'd say that crosses a line. Don't poo poo all over the product, that kind of thing.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lockback posted:

I think its because it was directed at rookie player coming in. I can see why they'd say that crosses a line. Don't poo poo all over the product, that kind of thing.

Didn't he say gently caress Lavar Ball?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Give him a cut of the royalties from the added ratings from starting poo poo between teams. He's trying to make games between middling to bad teams must-watch TV

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Strawberry Panda posted:

What happens if you don't pay a fine in the NBA? Can they garnish it?

I'm pretty sure it just comes straight out of the paycheck

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Didn't he say gently caress Lavar Ball?

Oh, he did! My brain totally read it as Lonzo. Well still. I think it has more to do with running your mouth against a players dad than the language he used. I'm sure the NBA would prefer no one talk to Lavar Ball.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Strawberry Panda posted:

Ugh I hate it when Lockback and Zogo disagree. I don't know who to believe since you're both brilliant minds.

They should smart math robot kiss each other

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
dejounte murray has been hot trash in just about every summer league game. the guy dribbles it up to his shoulders and losses the ball on drives frequently, that is, when he's not just getting it stolen outright

the spurs' plan of throwing murray into the fire might turn into a complete disaster

on the other hand, bryn forbes looks amazing out there so maybe not all is lost, or maybe summer league isn't always the best indicator of success

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

They should smart math robot kiss each other

My heart is only for you Nick. ;-*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cameron Payne is the worst loving basketball player I've ever seen, how did this dude ever even get drafted, he's just getting waxed by no-name guys who will never play basketball again

• Locked thread