Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Redix
Apr 28, 2010
Applied to Worst Alliance as Redix8.

Returning to the game after not playing for about 3 months and oh boy, there's a lot of new stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Got a 6* ticket. Should I burn it on Rhino or Lizard?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Got a 6* ticket. Should I burn it on Rhino or Lizard?

I went for Lizard

BUT

when its all sorted out i think they will both be equal in usefulness. not meta defining but valuable combat villains. its one of those "pick the one you like most" scenarios.

this is a good update in the sense that there are no wacky powerful must-haves but everyone is solid enough to invest in

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 7, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Love this update. Great characters, and great kits.

And the stacking isos...next update should be X-Men and this will keep me occupied until then!

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Applied Dr Goons as jckattck

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

And the stacking isos...next update should be spiderman 2099 and his pals and this will keep me occupied until then!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Cyclops soloing Lucas p cage is hilarious. I hit his five and got up and got a drink and went to the bathroom. Came back refreshed to some gold and bam. A++ would 6* again. He's not even t2 either or rolled gear or ISO or oby. His five is just that good.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

And the stacking isos...next update should be X-Men and this will keep me occupied until then!

It better be X-Men because I don't wanna spend weeks or months at the resource caps. I kinda expected them to back down from those after all the backlash.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

It's the only thing in the game with an item cap, isn't it? it's truly baffling

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

its so you cant instabuy apocalypse or whatever with your carefully hoarded mats

its dumb tho and everyone hates it

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

its especially dumb cos its gonna make whales say "i shoulda spent less so i wouldnt get capped out lol" instead of "i spent money and have a ton of poo poo im skinner boxxin out bro"

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Why are people thinking that more 2099 crew are on the way?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

This 50 Hidden tickets is just perfect timing. I'm still under for the first quest.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Network42 posted:

the newspaper in the sinister six teaser talks about alchemax portals

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Network42 posted:

Because the world needs more 2099 peeps

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Because the world needs more 2099 peeps

I mean I would whale hard for Miguel O'Hara, I was just wondering.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Network42 posted:

Well there's Miguel and....um......well........

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

C. Everett Koop posted:

Ghost Rider, Hulk, and Punisher all had cool 2099 versions, iirc

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Dave posted:

This 50 Hidden tickets is just perfect timing. I'm still under for the first quest.

yeah it's pretty great. I needed literally 48 hidden path clears to finish war of kings for the T2 ticket, then I'll swap to the new quest and it'll be like 6 months before I have all the villains 6*ed anyway which should be plenty of time to get all the clears for that one. :toot:

Even once I get it he mythic costume ticket I feel is going to sit in my inventory for another 6 months before I can stand to use it. Maybe if nico gets a costume from the Hulu show, since her bios are a pain? But I'm still using the 8 a day on her when I can for no real reason.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

navyjack posted:

Ghost Rider, Hulk, and Punisher all had cool 2099 versions, iirc

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

its so good to do co-op and not have to delete heaps of worthless red orbs every 2 rounds

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
New Spidey Homebrew costume is pretty darn good. Tier 1 420 solo'd an early relay. His 4 webs em, lets you keep attacking while half a city block drops on them, and comes off cooldown fast enough that you've only got about a second of downtime that you'll probably spend in iframes anyway.

Ironman changes are great too. I usually bring him along for the 2nd floor combat rumble for the extra damage from bringing three 6*s; Wasp does all the work while IM would fold like a wet napkin. Now he manages to stay alive the entire fight.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

I used a t2 ticket on Sharon Rogers. With her and T2 Magneto I've been blowing up Asgard Civil War. How rough are the 12-6, 12-7, and 12-8 story missions?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Turkson posted:

I used a t2 ticket on Sharon Rogers. With her and T2 Magneto I've been blowing up Asgard Civil War. How rough are the 12-6, 12-7, and 12-8 story missions?

Incredibly. I had to use a manually controlled Strange to even have a shot and that still took a few tries.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been trying with Strange on and off since I finished him off a month or so ago and I still haven't gotten past 1* 12-6.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I tried a time or 2 on 12-7 using variations of enchantress, strange or phoenix with a hellstorm leadership, and haven't cleared it yet

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I've tried all kinds of variations of Strange, Ancient One, Sharon Rogers, Hellstorm, Ghost Rider, Enchantress. Just can't do anything against him at 12-7 or keep all the heroes alive in 12-6.

I keep trying every once and awhile but I've sort of resigned myself to needing a couple more native T2s. I'm close to Wolverine and Magneto so maybe I'll try when they get done. Or work on Proxima once I know I won't need more BAM for Wolverine. I thought Hellstorm would be the trick but that was a big dud.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
I beat my head against 12-7 for a while. What ended up doing it for me was 6* Ancient One leadership, Mordo for all the teamup bonuses, and 6* Strange with his uni and a recovery obelisk. I'd use his 5 everytime it came off cooldown, then rapidly cycle canceling between his 3 and 2 as quick as I could, then use his 4 once the cooldown timer was about to expire, and repeat.

The heal on his 2 with uni helps with any damage that squeaks through, and if any big hits land, switch to A1, run away to let the team switch timer cool down a bit, pop the healing bubble, switch back over to Strange to soak up the vita rays and keep on doing.

It's the only fight in the entire story where I couldn't just switch my brain off and mash buttons. You have to be on point the entire time, too, because Surtur will wreck your poo poo in seconds if you're not paying attention. I think my final time for the mission was somewhere north of eight minutes.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

The key to an easy 12-7 is a T2 Wasp, her debuff removal passive removes the burn that is the major source of damage that kills you.

I finished SL tonight with so many good characters still in the stable. Now that I can use Spider-Man, Vulture, Iron Man, Sandman and Venom it basically adds 5 easy clears over last week.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Need a second 25 stages tbh

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ramadu posted:

Mega agreedo

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

If you haven't already, feel free to boot Shunt McGuppin from Doctor Goons. I'm on hiatus until my interest comes back

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ramadu posted:

hell even a third 25

shadowrun owns

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

punchymcpunch posted:

hell even a third 25

shadowrun owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swfD5uFSg_E

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I did 12-7 and 12-8 with strange and basically just mashed 2 until his 5 was off of cooldown. Takes awhile but the reflect and healing on his 2 means you are constantly healing and mitigating damage. Trying to mix in other skills just got me killed.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
If you cycle between his 5 and his super long teleport move (his 4?) Strange is perma invincible, and can do basically anything.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Just tried 12-7 again and wolverine could solo the boss
I started off with strange, who got randomly one shotted, then kept running around to let wolvie heal. Got pissed and just sat still
He couldn't kill my wolverine.
So it was just grinding him out

Tried 12-8 and was wrecked. Got to tweak more

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
So i searched all the alliance names but they all seem full. Is there another alliance out there that has room? Or should i just apply to one of the alliances and they will kick an inactive or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

I've got like 9 friend slots open after booting the slackers. "Jckattck"