Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

i wanna be in whatever ninja clan that does the hting where you turn into a block of wood

unfortunately the millions of american black belts only know how to beat blocks of wood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

They have school in the sewers?

brown university

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Al! posted:

i wanna be in whatever ninja clan that does the hting where you turn into a block of wood

*leans in for a smooch but its a bLOCK OF WOOD AGAIN DANGIT AL!*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Hidden Village of Mist is Guatanamo Bay tho :thunk:

Water Prison No Jutsu bicth

the United States Army has highly trained ninjas funneling their chakras to keep terrorists in the water prison on CIA blacksites, this is true

*punches Alex Jones in the face and pushes him aside in front of the camera*

ITS ALL TRUE

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

I didn't walk into her apartment until she invited me in, because I'm not a rude weirdo, and that freaked her out. She also earlier in the night told me she thought AIDS was good because "it's reducing the human population." It's amazing what a 20-year-old will put up with when a girl says "me and my girlfriend and swingers."

I didn't make great choices in college.

This, in particular, is incredible.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Baloogan posted:

brown university

graduated cum clod

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

wtf are u talking about

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Lastgirl posted:

If you aren't from The Hidden Village of Ranch you can get out of my face

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

did someone say "causing wood"?

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Nazi thumb.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

I thought she was joking, but she explained she "was very serious about the occult."

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

true to the lore

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Village of Hidden Ranch...

I should have known your cheap celery parlour tricks would have met its match....

*clenches fist villaniously*

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

no you see they're investing in a car brokerage business

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Prester Jane posted:

So I suppose I'm walking into enemy territory by posting here a bit but I am doing so under a flag of mutual cooperation. I am a D&D thinkperson known for being a former cultist as well as for posting gigantic walls of text about it. Some of my schizophrenic walls of text resulted in something called the "Narrativist Framework", which is basically an apolitical framework that describes how extremist groups form, function, radicalize, and propagate their ideas.

Much of my work has focused on the right -wing in this country however at present I presently perceive a worrying rise in extremism coming from the left. It is my desire to attempt to combat this extremism by criticizing it from the left, and harshly so. As such I would like to write a detailed teardown of the most obvious examples of left-extremism and put it on my website.

However I am far more familiar with right extremism than left extremism, and at present I would not be able to adequately write this article. That is where I am coming to you guys for help- you all are far more aware and educated on the worst offenders of left extremism than I am at present. So I am asking for your help in exposing and calling out the worst offenders on the left. (Obviously I can't address every example worth addressing in a single article so I am asking for the most blatant/credible examples of left-extremism that you fine posters are aware of.

I have no desire or intention to debate my theories in this thread- whether my theories are correct or not is not my reason for coming here. I desire to combat extremism on the left and to me that means standing up and speaking out against rising extremism on the left loudly and seriously. Whether you think my ideas are self-deluded bullshit or not (and to be honest I question that myself at times) I think we can all agree that there is rising extremism on the left and that voices on the left are therefor obligated to speak up and denounce it.

With that said I would be grateful for any contributions you all would care to make via either PM or replies in this thread. I am primarily looking for examples that demonstrate the concepts in my Narrativist Framework, the basic outline of which is in that link. That link goes to my website which is not monetized, and though I do have a patreon I am not here to shop for supporters. I am here because no matter what you think of my work, gender identity, or political affiliation, I think there is room for cooperation in combating a problem (the rise of left extremism) we can all clearly perceive. And in the spirit of accomplishing that goal in the best way possible I believe that you posters are going to be the best source of the examples of left-extremism that my effort presently needs. So I am politely asking for your assistance.

Remember when D&D started taking the ramblings of this crazy dude as gospel lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Epic High Five posted:

did someone say "causing wood"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRUa_E1CugU

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

how many of u who complain about d&d regularly post there cuz i get the feelin its a lot

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Sharps posted:

true to the lore

Well duh I'm not dumb I've watched all of True Blood like the rest of us.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Bought Grimes' album, went to the url for the download codes and there's nothing there SAD!!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

WHERE ARE THEIR NOSESES???"

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

euphronius posted:

I love that putins compliment is " he's aware that someone is talking to him "

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

petit choux posted:

Bought Grimes' album, went to the url for the download codes and there's nothing there SAD!!

how avant-garde

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

The Terry Shiavo compliment

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

fits my needs posted:

She's the only thread I visit in d&d with any frequency.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

fits my needs posted:

a lot of what prester jane says makes perfect sense, which i say as somebody who has studied the actual academic consensus on those topics

sometimes i feel strongly pj should probably read more but she's got a lot of other poo poo going on in her life

basically what i'm trying to say is zuck off

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 05:55 on Jul 9, 2017

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Bilirubin posted:

WHERE ARE THEIR NOSESES???"

they're fighting to get them back

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

GobiasIndustries posted:

Well duh I'm not dumb I've watched all of True Blood like the rest of us.

The guy who played Lafayette died recently and frankly that is a national tragedy

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Be the posts you want to see on the forums

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

fits my needs posted:

:smugjones:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
it doesn't take a genius to figure out trump's a narcissist? :shrug: whatever lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chunky Salsa posted:

The guy who played Lafayette died recently and frankly that is a national tragedy

Yeah that was real sad :(

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

In my defense: I left immediately after the vampire thing and nothing happened, thank god, because I'm pretty sure she might have murdered me.

Was her name Buffy?

What I'm asking is, are you a vampire??

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Be the posts you want to see on the forums

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Turdfuzz posted:

how many of u who complain about d&d regularly post there cuz i get the feelin its a lot

Nah I don't go in for that dice-rolling nerd poo poo.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

Agreed. But our traditional allies aren't going to get poo poo from him re: help so he's basically useless to exploit on their end. Putin can actually use Trump.

It's helpful to Mexico for Nieto to know that all he has to do is compliment Trump, promise/agree to future meetings, nod and smile, and compliment Ivanka to delay the wall by another 150 days at least.

And I guess Trudeau needs to know when he needs to call the fat idiot to stop him from melting down the global economy.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

anybody else remember when seth rogen went before a US senate committee to promote research and awareness for alzheimers 3yrs ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Chunky Salsa posted:

what noooooooo :(

aw heck now im bummed

• Locked thread