Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

My pops does but he's out of town and I'm not driving there to get my van, driving back to the track to put the kart in and then driving back to get it welded to make a race in hot as balls heat tomorrow. Too much effort for what is a hobby.

You need to get adopted by Jos, he'll sort you out one way or another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Not a single loving person at your track will weld your poo poo to get you back racing? gently caress man canada just does it differntly.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

Not a single loving person at your track will weld your poo poo to get you back racing? gently caress man canada just does it differntly.

There's people there but not anybody there today. Most the club membership here are white collar professionals that run to the kart shop guy the instant something goes wrong.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

OhsH posted:

It's racing, if you don't have your poo poo together, your problem, if you're in danger, everyone around will come to your aid, been to a lot of bike races

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I've seen people weld cracked critical suspension pieces on bikes in the pits between races. I got a guy with a welding torch to help me bend footpeg brackets back on my bike after a crash so I could go out again. Try some JB putty at least, come on.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Try some JB putty at least, come on.

I would love to try some JB putty, if you know what I mean fellas :smug:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I've seen people weld cracked critical suspension pieces on bikes in the pits between races. I got a guy with a welding torch to help me bend footpeg brackets back on my bike after a crash so I could go out again. Try some JB putty at least, come on.

JB putty isn't going to work on a part that has to support the majority of my body weight through right hand corners lol.

It's 5pm, I've got chicken marinading and I'm sitting out on my balcony with a beer reading a 1970s engine and emissions theory book. There's 0% chance I'm racing tomorrow

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

djssniper posted:

It's racing, if you don't have your poo poo together, your problem, if you're in danger, everyone around will come to your aid, been to a lot of bike races

Weve canabilised engines for in danger of not being able to race. Thats good enough reason for a large majority of our races. Minus nationals.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

In fairness if it was my engine that went I absolutely would've been able to race. But I take care of my poo poo so shockingly anything not hosed by the PO has excellent reliability.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Your white collar explanation was good enough, my track is heavily blue collar so i have approx 4 people to ask out of 6 adjacent spots, lol.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

Your white collar explanation was good enough, my track is heavily blue collar so i have approx 4 people to ask out of 6 adjacent spots, lol.

God I wish that was the case here.

Me today after diagnosing an oil leak that turned out to be the fill line bolt just plain missing from the gear drive compartment: Here use 15w-40, its the stuff Rotax specifies in their manual.
Other guy: Ya but I have this 1 liter special motul stuff that the kart shop guy recommended me, gotta use that.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Hhhahaah, yeah we have those too, they just have a smaller budget.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Beautiful.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

My predictions for this race.

2 cars hit each other in the first corner
Attempted undercuts and overcuts with no actual change of position
Not many on-track passes
One or both McLarens retire with engine issues.
VSC after Palmer spins into the gravel
Toto Wolf slams his fist on a desk

Pretty far out there, I know, but I think I might get a few.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Powershift posted:

My predictions for this race.

2 cars hit each other in the first corner
Attempted undercuts and overcuts with no actual change of position
Not many on-track passes
One or both McLarens retire with engine issues.
VSC after Palmer spins into the gravel
Toto Wolf slams his fist on a desk

Pretty far out there, I know, but I think I might get a few.

You've watched F1 before haven't you? I can tell.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Vettel will overtake Bottas in the first two corners.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Will be fun seeing Lewis work his way through the field. If he doesn't get collected on the 1st corner.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Here's a sad stat I decided to look up -

Alonso's best finish with Mchonda is 5th, which he achieved 3 times in the 48 races since Honda joined the sport again.

In those same 48 races Vettel, in Alonso's old seat, has finished 5th or higher 40 times. (Inc 26 podiums).

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/new-italian-f1-team-stefangp-928454/

Stefan GP is back!

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Definitely the best of both worlds in terms of timing and quality of the quip, and I've seen some quality quips in my time.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Brainwrong posted:

You've watched F1 before haven't you? I can tell.

I may have caught a few minutes of one once, yes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Great, now Mclaren is going to be 12th.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Track is all slippy :D

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Jesus the all the stands are just Orange, I look forward to Max's inevitable car failure on lap 12.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

You sure they aren't there for mchonda?

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

geonetix posted:

You sure they aren't there for mchonda?

Are you sure a mchonda can do more than 11 laps?

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

They can, they just take as long as Max takes for 10 laps

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

geonetix posted:

They can, they just take as long as Max takes for 10 laps

I don't think a McHonda has been lapped on track so far this season.
It's never actually gotten to that stage of the race, but silver linings are good mmmkay.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

To be fair this is a 1 minute track, I'm pretty sure the Mercedeses will lap everyone except the top 3 which will be something ridiculous like Ham, Bot, and Ocon at that point.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Schlesische posted:

I don't think a McHonda has been lapped on track so far this season.
It's never actually gotten to that stage of the race, but silver linings are good mmmkay.

You think wrong.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sky still talking about Vettel vs Hamilton and digging into the archives to races that happened 30 years ago and saying "look this guy was banned for that, where's the consistency"

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mclaren original color was orange?

I hope for a Ferrari 1-2, Bottas ahead of Lewis and that force india finish well, i'm moral rooting for them

gently caress Sauber and Williams

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Did Brundle just say that Hamilton forgot to turn and ran his teammate out of road when nico hit him?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Brundle is old and senile now

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thev should ban Sky f1.

The technical guy is okay

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Why are people (inc sky f1) still conflating aggressive racing with hitting someone deliberately under the safety car. Yes Vettel ran Hamilton out of road a few GPs back. Noone complained about it because that's racing.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Holy gently caress the noise that Lotus 49 makes :fap:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NtotheTC posted:

Why are people (inc sky f1) still conflating aggressive racing with hitting someone deliberately under the safety car. Yes Vettel ran Hamilton out of road a few GPs back. Noone complained about it because that's racing.

They should have banned Lewis for skipping the security thingies on re entry

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Just ban Lewis for bringing the sport into disrepute.
No specific instance necessary, just point at the hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khablam posted:

Just ban Lewis for bringing the sport into disrepute.
No specific instance necessary, just point at the hair.

He totally crashed into Rosberg last year

Bernie dragging is carcass every race is the saddest thing. Just let it go man

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 9, 2017

• Locked thread