Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Sindai posted:

The only one I could possibly see that argument holding for is flailing arm, and that's only because there's a 3s CD between using charges. The others are obviously upgrades.

Massive Shove is debatably worse with the upgrade, though. It decreases the arm's travel time, meaning the enemy also gets out of it faster, and the CD reduction (for having them in it for 1.5 seconds) is actually much harder to achieve.

I'm also pretty sure there's some wonky with Flailing Arm's CD being 80 seconds per charge with its upgrade, which is definitely worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Kusaru posted:

I didn't get any sort of notification, but apparently I won one of the weekly Sun's Out, Guns Out drawings. I have 50 more loot chests than I had yesterday.

Now I have two emails, one that says I won 5 chests and one that says I won 50.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Checked my email this morning.

Sees something from Blizzard, rolls my eyes at yet more spam about how my WoW account is getting banned (I've never played WoW).

Logs into game, guess it's not spam.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The faster displacement let's you get back into the fight sooner. They're still not where they want to be and took the damage

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

In general these "event" chests have been a MASSIVE disappointment. I don't think I've received a single event item from chest drops so far, and I've been opening 2-3 every day.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Der Shovel posted:

In general these "event" chests have been a MASSIVE disappointment. I don't think I've received a single event item from chest drops so far, and I've been opening 2-3 every day.

S H A R D S

👏👏👏👏👏

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dietrich posted:

Gazlowe announcer best announcer. :colbert:

You want me to fight AND talk? Okay, but my fees just doubled.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Bruceski posted:

You want me to fight AND talk? Okay, but my fees just doubled.

Oh, look at me down there. HI ME! Oh whose a handsome little guy, you are!

ETC's quotes are also great:
- Heeyy, who authorized this use of my likeness? Somebody's getting suuedd!
- Who's that B-lister down there? Oh I'm calling my agent, baby. Marty?! Get Marty on the phone!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 8, 2017

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
So Blizzard hosed up somewhere, I woke up to 50 loot boxes, woot! AND now that I'm going though my collection of skins and mounts, I have like 90% of them already, which I did not open from boxes... Thanks Fuckup guy!

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I got an email that I won 5 boxes maybe you won 50?

I got the stitches summer spray so that was cool. And an orange and purple skin but neither summer items

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nerf Vikings. Their ability is too powerful!

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

I didn't get an email yet so obviously that means I'll get something in a couple of days saying I won the computer, right?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Random fact: the guy who voices Gazlowe is married to the woman who voices Jaina

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I didn't win anything but I have gotten the following out of earned summer loot chests:

-90% of the sprays
-squirter tracer
-2 colors of Bra Stitches
-2 colors of swimsuit Tychus
-2 surfboards
-an insane number of shards - I can get sexy Tychus, maybe in two colors by the end of the event if this keeps up!

I'd really like the computer though, I'll trade you my account and all my loot for it if you win the computer TIA

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
Just had the most AMAZING series of comebacks!

First, on Cursed Hollow, we were down by at least a keep for most of the second half of the game, and they got the curse twice before we got it once. We were EXTREMELY inferior in teamfights, but our map awareness was much better, so they could never capitalize on the three or four times they wiped us, because we had a boss or several mercenaries they needed to take care of. I was Raynor and I rushed the base and battlecruisered it down to about half, and then we all just charged in and pounded on the core, and it died before we did.

Second game was Towers of Doom, and we were down 32-8. I was playing Anub and I kept cocooning cho-gall, because I figured it was like taking two heroes out for the price of one. But then I remembered this thread saying how great Auriel/Cho-Gall was, and I started using my coccoons and stuns on Auriel instead. We proceeded to win every teamfight, capture a couple of towers, and win the game.

In conclusion, HOTS is great, y'all are great, I'm going to bed.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Huh. They're actually putting Cho'gall on sale next week. Not sure if it's really worth it, though...

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
It is worth it

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

John Murdoch posted:

Huh. They're actually putting Cho'gall on sale next week. Not sure if it's really worth it, though...
I've always figured they'll still do more infection events/give him away to folks who don't own Cho'Gall but that might not be a thing now with 2.0

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I've been out of town for 4 days with no internet so I've missed primo sweepstakes entries. I hope my brother is happy his wedding is basically costing me a $2,500 gaming rig :rolleyes:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Coolness Averted posted:

I've always figured they'll still do more infection events/give him away to folks who don't own Cho'Gall but that might not be a thing now with 2.0

It may or may not be a thing, but both in an AI game and in a TL game recently, I was able to queue with someone who doesn't have Cho'Gall and they could play my second half. As long as one of you owns them, you don't need to buy.

YMMV but that's how it worked for me, and I don't think it was a free week!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

BrianBoitano posted:

It may or may not be a thing, but both in an AI game and in a TL game recently, I was able to queue with someone who doesn't have Cho'Gall and they could play my second half. As long as one of you owns them, you don't need to buy.

YMMV but that's how it worked for me, and I don't think it was a free week!

I tried that the other day in a group and it worked for one of us but it didn't work for me, so who knows.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to work.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Yeah i don't have cho or gall but you better believe i have the gall to play Gall rude as

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Can you queue Cho/Gall in quick match or do you need to be a premade?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
You can't queue by yourself, no. You do need at least two of you.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

If you want to queue Cho'Gall:
1. Ask for buddy in SAGoons
2. Ask in the Cho'Gall channel (I think there's no apostrophe though)
3. Ask reddit channel or MFPT (immediately leave these channels once you are done if you value your brain cells)

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
They must have made a mistake because I didn't win anything

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

E2M2 posted:

They must have made a mistake because I didn't win anything

Don't worry, there's 4 weeks of giveaways so they're just saving the better prizes illidan statue for you

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I unboxed chogall so that's possible at least

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

drat I might buy Cho'gall, I got to be some internet stranger's Gall one night and it was a ton of fun. He rocks in disorganized QM since the other team rarely puts together a plan to take him down.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I have received no e-mails or loot boxes informing me that I have won anything.

Working as intended. :smith:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I won 5 loot boxes. :geno:

I mean, it's 5 more boxes that I didn't have the day before but i didnt even get anything good out of them.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

You got shards and there are children in Africa with no loot boxes so

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

BrianBoitano posted:

there are children in Africa with no loot boxes
You don't know that. Maybe that's where all the non-NA loot boxes have been going.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Announcer talk: Falstad is pretty good, if you want a cheaper option/change of pace.

There's something about a ridiculously over the top Scottish accent shouting at you the entire map that's kinda fun.

"'e thought 'e was gonna git away, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO," gets me every time.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Ignorance is bliss. I loved announcers before I saw a YouTube of the DOTA Rick and Morty announcer

Still thanks Blizz for new free things

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

drat I might buy Cho'gall, I got to be some internet stranger's Gall one night and it was a ton of fun. He rocks in disorganized QM since the other team rarely puts together a plan to take him down.

Is malathiel still in every game? Last time I tried to play cho'gall it was a very sad exercise in sadness.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Considering blowing some gems on a stimpack though... I'm stim-less for the first time since starting this game in May and it feels bad.

Ignite Memories posted:

Is malathiel still in every game? Last time I tried to play cho'gall it was a very sad exercise in sadness.

Oh that's true, that was before Malthael. I haven't been able to play much lately so can't speak to that.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tender Bender posted:

I really think they're not worth buying. The twins are fun but you can't solo queue and have to rely on another buddy who wants to chogall. You know who mostly wants to chogal? Folks who own them already, so you can play the other head for free.
Also Tychus is big right now due to his fun new skin. So there's gonna be a lot of matches with dudes whp eat chogall up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Ignite Memories posted:

:justqueue: