Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

"Well, he said no, and why would he lie? I'm the most honest president, the most honest, in history. So if I tell you Putin's being honest, and he's a wonderful guy, that Putin, did you ever hear how great a guy he is.....but if I tell you he's honest, because I'm the most honest, ever, then he's being honest." *meanwhile T-90s roll down Pennsylvania Avenue*

Lol, don't worry, the country currently upping it's spy game on us and is launching routine cyber attacks is going to form a cyber crime division. What could possibly go wrong? Lord above, please strike AF1 down with lightning over the ocean

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jul 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

"The wolves and I discussed creating an impenetrable ring around the sheep pen..."

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Reading Trump's latest Twitter diarrhea-tribe with a literal :shepicide: face

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

You can just imagine Putin's face while Trump splerges his thoughts at him.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

WeAreTheRomans posted:

If you miss the :commissar: will be there soon

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
From "Better Dead than Red" to Giving Putin Head: the GOP Story.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'm like... not really processing the proper level of outrage I'm supposed to feel for this whole "the President took a walk from the G20 Summit and his unelected/unveted/unapproved daughter just plopped down with the world's leaders in his place" thing. I know i'm mad. I know I'm outraged. I know I'm embarrassed. I just can't quite get my brain around it because the idea of Chelsea Clinton or Jenna Bush doing this was never an option.

As I said last time, reality is warping to parody way too fast for me to keep up.

The evangelicals on my Facebook are running with "Presidents used to involve their wife and daughters in international affairs like this all the time. It's only recently that this has changed!"

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

BGrifter posted:

Historically that's always gone well.

You need to spoiler that poo poo, I almost reflexively punched my monitor again.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Asnorban posted:

The evangelicals on my Facebook are running with "Presidents used to involve their wife and daughters in international affairs like this all the time. It's only recently that this has changed!"

And yet they likely all went ape when the "wookie" got involved in political issues because since when have the "party of morality" and the religion with a loving law from the god they worshipped demanding everyone to be honest ever given a drat about being honest

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

TyroneGoldstein posted:

You need to spoiler that poo poo, I almost reflexively punched my monitor again.

I remember the picture, but can't quite put my finger on the story, what was the background on this again?

Edit: did an image search and found it.

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jul 9, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Black cats best cats

Yes. Yes they are.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
I love that he's back to why did obama do nothing?!?! Again despite saying that hacking never happened 10 minutes earlier.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

"The wolves and I discussed creating an impenetrable ring around the sheep pen..."
How long until the next major security breach is reported, and Trump's excuse is that the new joint cybersecurity team was "just testing" our defenses?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it must be incredibly easy gliding through life without a care for reality or consistency.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

OddObserver posted:

Tillerson probably won't need as much presidentially appointed staff (the lack of which he was complaining about) if he were trusting the career people properly....

No, the State Department needs the presidentially appointed, Senate confirmed positions to function. Many of these positions, at the Assistant Secretary level, are nominated from among the highest ranks of the foreign service, but they do need to be nominated and confirmed to fully carry the weight of the office.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Lindsay Graham said on Meet The Press just now that Trump's meeting with Putin was a, "disaster," and he was, "dumbfounded" by how Trump spent two hours trying to, "forgive and forget." He has pledged to put a bill for more sanctions on Trump's desk.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

sean10mm posted:

From "Better Dead than Red" to Giving Putin Head: the GOP Story.

Red Don

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Red Robber Baron

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Post 9-11 User posted:

Lindsay Graham said on Meet The Press just now that Trump's meeting with Putin was a, "disaster," and he was, "dumbfounded" by how Trump spent two hours trying to, "forgive and forget." He has pledged to put a bill for more sanctions on Trump's desk.

sanctions are dumb they never hurt the people in power.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Post 9-11 User posted:

His level of concern must be off the charts!

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Groovelord Neato posted:

sanctions are dumb they never hurt the people in power.

They tend to hurt the people who keep those people in power though.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
We're going to build a cyber wall and Russia's going to pay for it

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/884043061839450112

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Nuclear War posted:

Red Robber Baron

The dissolution of the Soviet Union was the greatest blow the Russians ever struck the US.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Post 9-11 User posted:

Follow up Senator, what consequences will there be for the President.
Graham: I will be REALLY concerned when we pass the AHCA.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mastajake posted:

They tend to hurt the people who keep those people in power though.

i'm pretty sure vladdy has insanely high approval numbers. it's like if america was mostly trump voters.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Because the alternative is you disappear.

Mide
Jun 2, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm pretty sure vladdy has insanely high approval numbers. it's like if america was mostly trump voters.

How could you not approve? When any kind of public opposition ends up dead. The vast majority would approve a lovely life over no life.

Mide fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 9, 2017

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

get fiscal still exists, great

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Captain Invictus posted:

Because the alternative is you disappear.
Campaign promise: A polonium in every pot.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

WampaLord posted:

It's cool, you'll be able to take them to the Trump Presidential Library for a history lesson.

loving think about that. A man who has probably never read a book in his adult life is going to have his own library.

Don't be silly, one of his ex-wives said he read a compilation of Hitler's speeches so he could learn the way of the master orator.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/884016887692234753
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/884018776391503872

Am I reading this right? Did he say he wants election hacking (and many other negative things) to be guarded and safe?

Talk about a Freudian slip

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

BGrifter posted:

Historically that's always gone well.

If this woman is still alive I hope a leopard is eating her face.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Alter Ego posted:

If this woman is still alive I hope a leopard is eating her face.

Not only is she almost certainly still alive, she's probably a birther despite her life having been noticeably improved by Obama's policies and voted for Trump.

If it makes you feel better though, i give solid odds she has poorly managed diabetes and is currently slipping down that deeply unpleasant way to die.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
If it's puprle heart bandaid woman I'm pretty sure she's dead.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

If it's puprle heart bandaid woman I'm pretty sure she's dead.

This is what I heard too. This is really terrible to say but I hope she choked to death on that denture plate.

Still makes me angry, even 13 years later.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/884043713206300672

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/884044547269029888

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Actually, targeted sanctions, like freezing the assets of individual people, can inflict a certain amount of pain on oligarchs. It won't get rid of all of their money, obviously, but it will prevent them from using large portions of the world to move their money through. I don't know if this is the kind of sanctions that Lindsey Graham has in mind of course.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

hmmm yesss our plan is perfect we will lure them in with a false sense of us being idiots to monitor them closely and then announce it on cable television. perfectttt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Honestly if you want to get at Russian oligarchs' assets just bomb lower Manhattan, London, and K Street.

• Locked thread