Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

AgentJotun posted:

The last time there was NOT an anthem from The Greater German Reich played on the podium? The 2013 Spanish Grand Prix when the great hero Alonso won.

Edit - And the last time atleast both of the anthems weren't from Axis nations - the 2012 Brazilian GP with British hero Jenson Button.

Tell me, who really won the war?

America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I only count war victories by how many Grand Prix those nations are winning 70 years later thanks very much.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

AgentJotun posted:

The last time there was NOT an anthem from The Greater German Reich played on the podium? The 2013 Spanish Grand Prix when the great hero Alonso won.

Edit - And the last time atleast either of the anthems weren't from Axis nations - the 2012 Brazilian GP with British hero Jenson Button.

After Baku. Neither Advance Australia Fair nor Land der Berge, Land Am Strome are "Greater German Reich" anthems (the latter was penned after World War 2 in as part of "de-nazification" efforts, by a woman named Paula von Preradović).
You might be confused by Australia's historical "whites only" policy or the fact we still operate concentration camps and the fact that Austria also speaks German.

AgentJotun posted:

Tell me, who really won the war?

The Soviet Union.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
The BBC's race report is essentially one long blow job to Lewis, it's a loving embarrassment

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

The BBC's race report is essentially one long blow job to Lewis, it's a loving embarrassment

There's no reason to be reading the BBC anymore, I honestly have no idea why you guys put yourself through it. The lead (only?) writer is Andrew Benson for christ's sake.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It always is

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I genuinely just thought it was playful hyperbole from The Worst Thread, but now I've actually paid attention, I've found it's not hyperbole and it is an extended loving blowjob

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

As much as I'm neutral on Lewis and the BBC, it's no where near as bad as Boston sports media and the Patriots.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

iospace posted:

As much as I'm neutral on Lewis and the BBC, it's no where near as bad as Boston sports media and the Patriots.

Who is that in your avatar? It isn't the head thouching I normally associate with what look like baseball players.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ilmucche posted:

Who is that in your avatar? It isn't the head thouching I normally associate with what look like baseball players.

Eric Thames, power hitter for the Brewers.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I genuinely just thought it was playful hyperbole from The Worst Thread, but now I've actually paid attention, I've found it's not hyperbole and it is an extended loving blowjob

I wasn't around for Alonso v Hamilton but when it really started to look like Rosberg was going to win the championship last year it really broke a lot of the british media in a hilarious way. I think whoever was going to challenge Hamilton this year was going to face the fallout from that but it doesn't help that its another German and the team that the brits traditionally have hated.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Marchionne is crazy enough to fire Kimi mid season?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I still can't believe the rebirth of "Are Sebbie".
It's like none of you remember the Fingerreich. He was more calm and demure at the start of the season but that lasted a single loving round. Lewis is a petulant child, but Vettel is a colossal prick. When he retires he's going to carry a worse legacy than Schumacher's aggressive driving "run you off the road if I have to" pre-first retirement days.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Who cares? He drives a Ferrari. And Ferrari Owns. They own.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Schlesische posted:

I still can't believe the rebirth of "Are Sebbie".
It's like none of you remember the Fingerreich. He was more calm and demure at the start of the season but that lasted a single loving round. Lewis is a petulant child, but Vettel is a colossal prick. When he retires he's going to carry a worse legacy than Schumacher's aggressive driving "run you off the road if I have to" pre-first retirement days.

Ya but seb has a personality since he left red bull. Lewis is like a parody.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Also i dont know where this driver should be a role model crap comes from.

The greats were all crazy, pricks, drunks or the three at the same time. Most of them are dead or killed in track.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bottas is closer to Hamilton than Hamilton is to Vettel. Lmfao @ Shamilton.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

iospace posted:

Eric Thames, power hitter for the Brewers.

Ex-jay eric thames. Can't believe that was so many years ago.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

POCKET CHOMP posted:

This is pretty strong reasoning here

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
What a snooze fest, glad I slept through that and watched the replay.

-Holy gently caress that start by BoatAss :stonk:
-lmbo at Shitcrappen
-Noooooo Nando :qq:
-Yesssss Are Dan

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Bottas consistently places himself in the points over the rest of the season and wins the WDC

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GramCracker posted:

What a snooze fest, glad I slept through that and watched the replay.

-Holy gently caress that start by BoatAss :stonk:
-lmbo at Shitcrappen
-Noooooo Nando :qq:
-Yesssss Are Dan

Alarm went off at 5am for the race. Fell back asleep. Only 300 new posts. Always know it's a stinker if I sleep in and there's not 700+

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I slept in because well, I stayed up late watching people actually go fast and not in a parade.

What I'm saying is speedrunning is cooler than F1.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got probated 1 day for rivals pun and here iospace is giving VERY UNFAIRS sixers.

Also the rivals.com rule is dumb. SAD!

iospace posted:

What I'm saying is speedrunning is cooler than F1.

what the gently caress is this poo poo?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

That was kind of a savage probate, poo poo.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Feels Villeneuve posted:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

I wasn't around for Alonso v Hamilton but when it really started to look like Rosberg was going to win the championship last year it really broke a lot of the british media in a hilarious way. I think whoever was going to challenge Hamilton this year was going to face the fallout from that but it doesn't help that its another German and the team that the brits traditionally have hated.

I happily pay the loving license fee because as an anti Shamilton fan I can laugh at the British media meltdown every time Lewis eats poo poo.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

I happily pay the loving license fee because as an anti Shamilton fan I can laugh at the British media meltdown every time Lewis eats poo poo.

good bye, friend

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theophany posted:

I'd probate you, but you're stuck with that avatar, which is punishment enough.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

They could always fall back on Palmer?!

I couldn't even type that out without laughing.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Poois Shamilton couldn't pass a bogan with athlete's foot of the gob in a car much faster AND that had DRS assistance lmao what a whiny loving binman fraud.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

iospace posted:

I'd probate you, but you're stuck with that avatar, which is punishment enough.

I'm leaning into it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
very inconsistent ruling, iospace should work for the FIA

edit: holy crap that title is bad

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

very inconsistent ruling, iospace should work for the FIA

Naw then she would threaten probates unless we all started publicly apologizing for poo poo days after it happened.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm very sorry for my use of Rivals.com puns and will spend the offseason educating children on the dangers of using Rivals.com puns.

Norms definitely jump started the post, btw.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

I'm very sorry for my use of Rivals.com puns and will spend the offseason educating children on the dangers of using Rivals.com puns.

Norms definitely jump started the post, btw.

You have 9 points on your license and cant participate in seminars about shitposting until next season.

If you do this again SO HELP ME GOD!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm glad Sebastian Vettle finished this race without the FIA unfairly putting more points on his license.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

You have 9 points on your license and cant participate in seminars about shitposting until next season.

If you do this again SO HELP ME GOD!

maFIA Shitposting License should be the gangtag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

gently caress this thread, I now support Max. Future WDC and all-round way more likable and talented than Sebastian Vettel.

My disgust at Red Bull remains the same I will try and contain the cognitive dissonance.

• Locked thread