Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I thought increased eyesight also helped with crafting? Or is that bunk, or quality only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I had a pawn die like 20 secs after a major overdose on yayo that had gone weeks without it prior. He was also stoned and on penoxycyline. I think this is pretty rare but i was checking the wiki and apparently penoxycyline contributes or can contribute im not really sure which. The wiki says both, im not sure which is correct.

http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Penoxycyline

http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Overdose

Would it have shown up on the health tab if it had an effect or is this a hidden stat? Im trying to decide if its worth timing for when they arent on penoxycyline or if this is rare enough that its not worth worrying about.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

same exact thing happened to me with a guy who was addicted to smokeleaf. he got shot in the brain and so every time he'd smoke another pawn would have to stop working and haul him to the hospital. i tried to dry him out but i think the mood penalty was -30 so i set him back to social drugs and he died the next time he burned a doob.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Poor Steve, thought of sobriety and died.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Yeah the wiki feels like its missing something. I know they added body size into the mix for tolerance i wonder if that effects other things like overdose and consciousness.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If he was stoned then the extra drug might have just reduced him to 0 consciousness which kills you.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Does body size mean anything? Its pretty funny having a rough winter and all my guys are fat slobs

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Everybody loves this guy in my new game, because he's so Polite and has stuff in common with everybody.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I just had a couple of two or three years break up. Never saw that before. Apparently the guy had his nose blown off at some point and now everybody has him in negatives from "disfigured" and he's getting in fights once or twice a season. Researching the advanced prosthetics from epoe or whatever now. Between fixing that and wanting faster crafters it's about time to start sticking metally bits on everyone.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

There probably should be some sort of moving average for attractiveness if your pawns are ugly as a whole. Kind of like how a New York 8 is a 5 in LA.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
They probably also shouldn't try to beat each other to death over it.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Keeshhound posted:

They probably also shouldn't try to beat each other to death over it.

What's with the funny look, tough guy?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
You know what I think about amputated toes, LEMME TELL YOU WHAT I THINK ABOUT AMPUTATED TOES YOU SON OF A BITCH

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I'm at something like 145 mods now, help me

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Just started my A17 game with a few mods (misc content/QoL, psychology, hospitality, glittertech, the usual) and went 100% random. Didn't do too badly, one only pacifist, pretty nice map with lots of wood but not a lot of mountain and one non-hauler and we picked up a crack-shot wanderer on the fifth day.

One slight issue is that I'm 8 days in and and my depressive colonist (-12 debuff) has just been divorced by her husband (-20 debuff). Oh, and the wanderer we picked up is her ex. Could be interesting.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Walton Simons posted:

Just started my A17 game with a few mods (misc content/QoL, psychology, hospitality, glittertech, the usual) and went 100% random. Didn't do too badly, one only pacifist, pretty nice map with lots of wood but not a lot of mountain and one non-hauler and we picked up a crack-shot wanderer on the fifth day.

One slight issue is that I'm 8 days in and and my depressive colonist (-12 debuff) has just been divorced by her husband (-20 debuff). Oh, and the wanderer we picked up is her ex. Could be interesting.

Get him on heavy duty smokeleaf consumption.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
Found a nice little niche in the mountain with rich soil, right next to an ancient danger.

This has no overhead mountain, but is carefully carved to avoid it. Those ancient life pods has yet to see any use, but I think they're neat. Not seen: 5 protected geothermal plants; those burners are only there as a last resort of poo poo goes down.

The main problem is obviously lack of space, and people are getting pretty moody about it.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Nosfereefer posted:

Found a nice little niche in the mountain with rich soil, right next to an ancient danger.

This has no overhead mountain, but is carefully carved to avoid it. Those ancient life pods has yet to see any use, but I think they're neat. Not seen: 5 protected geothermal plants; those burners are only there as a last resort of poo poo goes down.

The main problem is obviously lack of space, and people are getting pretty moody about it.

No need to avoid overhead mountain, a nice chunky mountain like that has plenty of space to dig a decoy fire tunnel to pre-empt bug spawns away from your base.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Why does the boomalope sleep next to your cryopods?

Why have you tamed a boomalope?

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Volmarias posted:

Why does the boomalope sleep next to your cryopods?

Why have you tamed a boomalope?

They keep self taming :(

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Tame boomalopes are great anti-mortar raids. Make a one-tile animal zone where the raiders are setting up their mortars and assign the boomalopes to it.

Maybe do not do this if you want actual loot from the raid.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Some trader was willing to pay 40 a pop, so that's fixed for the time being :D

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Weeds, a farmer, became addicted to Flake. Shortly afterward she contracted plague. Dirt, the miner, also became sickened at the same time. Although Weeds was trying to stay on the path to sobriety, the sickness and pain was too much and she started to binge on more flake. She overdosed, passed out, and was carried back to the hospital. Dirt patted her hand and told her it was going to get better.

While convalescing, she and Dirt chatted about politics and ethics and various things. Although being treated regularly to cope with the progression of plague, her symptoms deepened, and Weeds was still gripped by the Flake monkey on her back, and there came a point where it was loving her skull, big bonobo balls smacking against the back of her neck, when she finally couldn't take it any more. She staggered around the hospital ward slashing her wrists, blood spraying everywhere, blasting fountains of vomit, screaming and crying.

In the next hospital bed, Dirt says, "Hey, so, you wanna be boyfriend/girldriend?"

"AGDUIHADGIOPHADGUOHASFHOPAG BLBHAGHADHGHGHRHGHG" Weeds and Dirt have come together and are now lovers :allears:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I just had the worst starting luck on Rough with Randy as a storyteller, but somehow it turned out okay. Toxic fallout after my first couple harvests, followed by volcanic winter, followed by a raid and then a man hunter pack of beavers while people were still needing rescue from the raid.

Despite being a tribal stage colony, they made it out more or less intact, except for, uh, three people that just mysteriously disappeared one day.

Yes.

My only regret is we lost the cow that fought and survived the raid with us.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Rough start, but I eventually come to enjoy the meals on wheels nature of manhunter packs. Everyone man the ramparts, so to speak, and watch a year's worth of terrier meat lavish meals wander into the turret kill zone.

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Alphabeaver revenge is still my least favorite and most dangerous pop up.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

TropicalCoke posted:

Alphabeaver revenge is still my least favorite and most dangerous pop up.

It's boring, but dangerous? Don't think I've ever lost anyone to it, it's more or less free meat.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Really annoyed that luciferium doesn't fix bad back and cararacts and other ailments from getting old. That's so dumb I want a mod to address specifically that. I want my roided-up grandma to live forever.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Bhodi posted:

Really annoyed that luciferium doesn't fix bad back and cararacts and other ailments from getting old. That's so dumb I want a mod to address specifically that. I want my roided-up grandma to live forever.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22120.0

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
If I wanted surgery to fix it, I'd just install epoe and go full bionic. I may do it anyway, since I've reached the limit of what cthulu tentacles can do.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Bhodi posted:

If I wanted surgery to fix it, I'd just install epoe and go full bionic. I may do it anyway, since I've reached the limit of what cthulu tentacles can do.

Can Cthulu tentacles fix brain damage? I've got one cultist who is stuck on permanent bed rest because he took a sniper rifle round to the head and wasn't lucky enough to die. I can't even sacrifice him to put him out of his misery since you can only sacrifice prisoners.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

LLSix posted:

Can Cthulu tentacles fix brain damage? I've got one cultist who is stuck on permanent bed rest because he took a sniper rifle round to the head and wasn't lucky enough to die. I can't even sacrifice him to put him out of his misery since you can only sacrifice prisoners.
Can you arrest him?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Man, Scorp is one lucky bitch. Out in the middle of nowhere in the depths of a loving cold winter when suddenly she's attacked by a snow wolf, and she can't down it with her crappy gun before it gets into melee range and tears her up. She loses a leg and is torn to shreds, hits 395% bleeding/d, and is hours from death. But somehow Lobster managed to cross the swampy, snowy map in time, fired a single round from her weak, inaccurate pistol, and clapped that fucker, downing it. Then she picks up Scorp and hauls rear end back to base, and immediately on dropping her in bed, starts patching her wounds up, gets the first wound sealed with about 2 hours before death, and saves Scorp's life.

I was never so happy to cancel a sarcophagus designation in my life.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Mister Adequate posted:

sarcophagus designation

Good band name

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

LLSix posted:

No, it's limbs only. However, psionic lobes (also cthulhu) give +20% consciousness! Sadly, they have to actually give the sermon in order to get it. I'd feed him wake-up (+10% consciousness) long enough to get the lobe in. If you need more, you can double it up with go-juice. If you need more than 20%, luciferium @ 25% is your only hope.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 9, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You have to be the executioner to gain psychic powers though, so that dude might be hosed.

EPOE does whip rear end though and I highly recommend it in general.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat
The trimmed down version of EPOE is called Rah's Bionics now. Only two workbenches. But otherwise I think they're basically the same if EPOE got rid of the extra resources.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Let's be honest, the additional resources in Epoe were a on the grinding side.

But I think as soon as you ca let the notion of "You are making the game too easy for yourself" go, it doesn't matter what you do, just have fun.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
EPOE 2.0 uses "energized components" (uranium + components) to make the advanced bionics, which is infinitely less annoying than dealing with vancinadium or whatever it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Can colonists who are incapable of violence still go berserk? If so do they actually fight or just get mercilessly beat down by the first person they encounter? The EPOE talk reminded me of when I put an AI persona core in someone's brain and they kept having random berserk rages, I wonder if a pacifist would skip that drawback.