Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

https://twitter.com/SimonOstrovsky/status/884055537167605760
https://twitter.com/A_SHEKH0VTS0V/status/883827593526611969

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

in two days someone will have swapped the putin and trump heads on the photoshop and trumpenstaffel will be tweeting it as real

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Covok posted:

If you guys think these 4-8 years will be bad, consider the next 100+ years while America cedes international control to authoritarian nations of China and Russia. For the last 100 years, America has been pushing for more individual freedoms and a better world. Now, China and Russia will spend the next 100+ years pushing back. And, with America itself losing its soul, we can expect 100 years of reduced individual rights, the slow death of democracy, and the end of all we hold dear. That is, of course, if we don't somehow get this bozo impeached and stem the bleeding of American power.

I think you give America too much credit as a force for good in it's role as world leader.

Regardless, this bozo does need a firm impeaching.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i said it before but america was never deserving of respect and we;ve done more harm than good.

russia and china would be even worse if they were in our position but that doesn't absolve of us our sin.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

DACK FAYDEN posted:

As a white dude, what the gently caress? Maybe I just don't know how bad it is up North or how good it is down South? Goddammit, I probably have to click this one.

e: a barista was racist, but when she went back South she learned about a KKK church burning in 1995 and saw literally no sense of anything livable

"cities are better everywhere", saving everyone else the click

I mean, hey, we have all kinds of racist baristas here in Atlanta, not just the regular white ones! You can get a hipster racist one, a black racist one, we can even get you a racist Bosnian one! You can have it all in The New South!

If racism is everywhere, and that suddenly frees up a lot of places for you to move (?) why on earth would you come here especially if you're not white? Don't get me wrong, it's not a third-world hellhole by any stretch, but I question the logic of choosing to live in the place that historically was super bad to your people...

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Haha, holy hell I knew it was a photoshop but I didn't know it was that kind of a photoshop. gently caress, that photo of Stalin with Yezhov was better tweaked than this.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Office Pig posted:

Haha, holy hell I knew it was a photoshop but I didn't know it was that kind of a photoshop. gently caress, that photo of Stalin with Yezhov was better tweaked than this.

Also note the Russian Imperialist ribbon added onto Merkel.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

evilweasel posted:

russia is a joke of a country that is only taken seriously because it has a lot of nukes and past historical relevance, they have no economic power and they have no real military power beyond their nuclear weapons, putin's doing quite the juggling act but it won't last

china is the real deal though

1 of 2 isn't bad.

Burt Buckle posted:

I think you give America too much credit as a force for good in it's role as world leader.

Regardless, this bozo does need a firm impeaching.

Forcing nations to accept the concept of human rights and try to spread the concept of individuals freedoms is going to be a lot better than two nations campaigning for media censorship and tight control of your population.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/883814644707500033

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

evilweasel posted:

russia is a joke of a country that is only taken seriously because it has a lot of nukes and past historical relevance, they have no economic power and they have no real military power beyond their nuclear weapons, putin's doing quite the juggling act but it won't last

This. Russia will probably implode hard when putin dies, since he is the only one holding it together and barely at that. China is probably a paper tiger economically and militarily but it's has enough power to be a world leader theoretically.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

I try to keep my ear to the ground but had never heard of Sinclair until Last Week Tonight did a piece on them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvtNyOzGogc

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Still running this joke into the ground.(but at least that means I'm exercising my legs)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Anyone worried about certain outlets becoming blinkered state propaganda is about 20 years late to that problem.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I want to fuckin die

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

evilweasel posted:

Trump's AG is Jeff Sessions, not Lindsey Graham. Graham is a "deeply concerned" brand of Republican in that he criticizes Trump fairly regularly but doesn't actually do anything about it.

:doh: I'm terrible with names and those two jerks just blur together, thanks for the correction. Sessions withdrew from the Russia probe, not his nomination.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
In a perfect world, the Republican party would have died with Nixon and been replaced with a center-left party while the dems moved far left.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

evilweasel posted:

Russia's military may be a shadow of its former self, but it's definitely nothing to laugh at.

You can read this year's DIA report on it if you want more insight.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Pollyanna posted:

I want to fuckin die

What the hell, the KKK themselves would disagree with that, dumbass. It would be a pretty lovely "psyop" if the malign force you intend to scare people with gets outnumbered like 200:1.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
That Cernovich tweet is crazy. :(

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Covok posted:

In a perfect world, the Republican party would have died with Nixon and been replaced with a center-left party while the dems moved far left.

No thanks

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Pollyanna posted:

I want to fuckin die

don't read the thread

it gets worse

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
Cernovich typing 'The Klan isn't real' is pretty much Tony Soprano telling Anthony Jr. "THERE IS NO MAFIA!"

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

i remember reading a few days ago that the members of the KKK said they would all be armed.

i watched all those clips and didnt see so much as a holster let alone a rifle.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Steve2911 posted:

You can just imagine Putin's face while Trump splerges his thoughts at him.
This is my one consolation (well, that and compulsive eating): that Putin has to put up with Trump. Every time I try to picture it I imagine that Trump smells.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/883448839373332481

I think quibbling over whether his statements are true or false misses the point entirely. The fact that he has a tweet contradicting it from a single day ago is also irrelevant to the underlying effect.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

n4 posted:

That Cernovich tweet is crazy. :(

He's slandered multiple people as pedophiles. I don't understand how he hasn't been sued into penury. Just another teflon retard of the Trump era.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/883448839373332481

I think quibbling over whether his statements are true or false misses the point entirely. The fact that he has a tweet contradicting it from a single day ago is also irrelevant to the underlying effect.

Who's quibbling? :confused:

e- I mean we know it, he knows it, the KKK knows it, hence-

KickerOfMice posted:

Cernovich typing 'The Klan isn't real' is pretty much Tony Soprano telling Anthony Jr. "THERE IS NO MAFIA!"

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 9, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
http://i.imgur.com/IXAnNPF.gifv this might be the only small act of kindness I've seen from him.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

http://i.imgur.com/IXAnNPF.gifv this might be the only small act of kindness I've seen from him.

This should put to rest any notion that Donald is racist.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I wonder if Trump even realizes that Pence is already preparing to replace him

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

This is the moment Donald became President of my heart

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

That is probably the most genuinely charming thing I've ever seen from him.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Either that or he knows that Marines don't salute unless they have their cover on (I was sternly corrected on terminology after using the word "hat" yesterday.) But seriously, that's the most human I've seen him in as long as I can remember.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Who cares

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Who wants to bet that Obama's coffee salute starts getting brought up again in relation to this?

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Ague Proof posted:

Am I misremembering or did Trump briefly play with the idea that Russia did rig the election but it was for Hillary?
Trump's stance on the election meddling (and a lot of things) is very much like the Bible. It takes just about every conceivable stance on various subjects, in sometimes cryptic/baffling language, so that any rear end in a top hat can point to something that confirms whatever point that they want to make. Even wildly contradictory ones.

Trump has gone on record saying there was no meddling at all and the idea is simply ludicrous. He's also stated that there was meddling, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. He's also stated that there was meddling, but against him. He's also stated that there was meddling, and how dare that useless Obama not do anything about it. And so on.

The only thing that's consistent is his inconsistency, which suggests that he can't remember which lie his team agreed on, or that he doesn't even remember what the truth was.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Burt Buckle posted:

This should put to rest any notion that Donald is racist.

"So-called marine lost his hat and just stared at me when I tried to give it back! Too good to take it from me so I had to put it on his head myself. No respect!"

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Red Baron posted:

Hahahaha, holy poo poo. Because of course this is The Most Important Issue that faces us today, the ending of a children's movie. I can only imagine they are furiously working on fan fiction that corrects this grievous mistake.

"And then the boy cars won forever and never got tired of winning and no girls were ever allowed in the secret clubhouse ever again! No girls!"

Show me on the car where the bad movie touched you.

Did anyone watch planes? Because that had a scene where the plane had to get castrated to win and that was a super weird joke.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

Russia's military may be a shadow of its former self, but it's definitely nothing to laugh at.

You can read this year's DIA report on it if you want more insight.

Military brinkmanship is stupid, but Russia deploying a floating skateboard ramp propelled by a tug boat is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Covok posted:

If you guys think these 4-8 years will be bad, consider the next 100+ years while America cedes international control to authoritarian nations of China and Russia. For the last 100 years, America has been pushing for more individual freedoms and a better world. Now, China and Russia will spend the next 100+ years pushing back. And, with America itself losing its soul, we can expect 100 years of reduced individual rights, the slow death of democracy, and the end of all we hold dear. That is, of course, if we don't somehow get this bozo impeached and stem the bleeding of American power.

You are out of you're mind if you think that poo poo won't be unbelievably hosed as a result of climate change in that time frame.

• Locked thread