Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Scyantific posted:

The PvP here is actually pretty enjoyable in moderate doses

Can you please elaborate more on this bit, that seems somewhat of an oxymoron haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Yo, like, even being bad at AvA can be fun. Hang out behind keep walls and try desperately to keep your faction from faceplanting, it's like reverse whack-a-mole.

I have been defending keeps and witnessed Froid and Scy rolling in to kill us before. Good times.

E:
(I died.)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ffycchi posted:

Is this game worth playing? Last time I played was in closed beta, and it was loving awful.

i think its a lot better than the closed beta

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Ditto hated beta and enjoy it now.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I haven't played beta or original launch but when I picked it up I liked it and by now it's one of my favorite games period and one of a hand full of MMO I would actually call good. Also the goons are pretty cool and if you whine enough you get tons of free poo poo.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jul 8, 2017

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
oh my loving god the pubbie pug for cradle of shadows just now

i want to die

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Picked this up on a whim because a local store had it on sale for 15 bucks, and I'm digging the Skyrim A'la Mmode asthetic enough to sub for a few months.

Can I get an NA Guild invite? @Irmrith.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Can I also get a NA invite? @ischlapkohl

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.
How many goons in the EU guild are active? A friend and I are thinking of getting this and I intend on joining up with my goon brethren if there are still enough of you playing.

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016
I'm one, and I've seen maybe one other throughout the last month or two. (it's something!)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kurieg posted:

Picked this up on a whim because a local store had it on sale for 15 bucks, and I'm digging the Skyrim A'la Mmode asthetic enough to sub for a few months.

Can I get an NA Guild invite? @Irmrith.

Just play it for free dawg

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

Just play it for free dawg

There were some things I wanted to grab out of the crown store and you get the same crowns-per-money ratio from a subscription vs buying them directly.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Would love an NA invite: @wafflesandbeer

I just know this will be the character I level past 30.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Books On Tape posted:

Would love an NA invite: @wafflesandbeer

I just know this will be the character I level past 30.

It doesn't have to be. Guilds are per account. :v:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Ffycchi posted:

Is this game worth playing? Last time I played was in closed beta, and it was loving awful.

I hated the game. Asked how anyone could pay for something so obviously poo poo, revisited it in 2015 and I felt it had the turnaround of the century. Now it's my most played game.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Many thanks to the kind goon Yhonix who powered me through 7 levels of Enchanting to get me ahead of my leveling curve instead of behind it. I hope I got your name right. :)

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
I remember it being so sterile in the beta. Containers were empty and the crime system wasn't implemented yet, so you couldn't really steal or pickpocket or any of that fun stuff. Combat had this weird floaty disconnected feeling because the timing and the animations were pretty rudimentary. I came back to try it out about a year ago after Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood were added, and all the things I loved to do in other ES games were finally there--sneak around, steal everything, and hoaaaaaaaaard. Combat mechanics were much more responsive (were interrupts, blocks, and dodging even there in the beta?). And I found myself actually enjoying the stories--each of the zones are designed with a zone-wide story that you can watch unfolding as you play through, and most of them have a good satisfying resolution at the end. So yeah, if you hated the beta, I would say so much about the game as a whole has changed for the better, it's worth taking another look.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Ffycchi posted:

This is the reason I haven't picked it up, there are so many differing opinions on it that It's impossible to get a solid answer, and being in my 30's with a career I simply don't have time to grind through an MMO just to drop it when I realise I hate it. I am really hoping one of these kickstarter crowdfunded games becomes something(be it crowfall, CU, AoC or Star Citizen), or I might just quit MMO's permanently. There have been so many games in the last few years with either an amazing IP behind them or amazing mechanics, that get completely hosed by developers/publishers into giant cash grabs.

Star Citizen is a giant cash grab that has been hosed over by its developer since day 1. If you've got any money "pledged" (ugh) in that dumpster fire get a refund before it's too late.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Hey now Star Citizen has managed to produce some good stuff. I managed to get a pretty sweet citizen card out of it before I had my poo poo refunded.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Apparently I'm some "meta human being skrub" because I dared to play a defensive setup in PvP today.

For the record, I was able to flat out tank his entire team in a BG match. This was after a TDM that Froido and I were in, where I straight up kept Froid above 90% health for 95% of the match.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jul 9, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I know that the Dark elves are the best race for the mag sorcerer build, but their eyes creep me the gently caress out. Am i losing out on too much by just going with Breton, or should I suck it up and rest easy in the fact that I don't actually have to see my characters eyes that often, but everyone else does.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kurieg posted:

I know that the Dark elves are the best race for the mag sorcerer build, but their eyes creep me the gently caress out. Am i losing out on too much by just going with Breton, or should I suck it up and rest easy in the fact that I don't actually have to see my characters eyes that often, but everyone else does.

High elves are the best class for mag sorc, but i mean theyre elves theyre supposed to look weird. If youre not picking the blood red eyes youre doing dark elf wrong.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Do what I do on my Dunmer characters, cover up their faces and skin so you don't have to see their sinful, cursed bodies.

e: Or, just play Argonians.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

A guild invite would be super cool, at least I'd be able to ignore pubbie chat. I'm @DigitalOsmosis.

Also, is it just me, or is the writing in this way better than in most other Bethesda games? Haven't touched the main story yet except for the one time I stepped off Vvardenfel for an errand and was forced into the weird coldharbor intro sequence, and I'm only like two quests into the Morrowind main story, but the side stories and one off characters are sometimes really entertaining. The Telvanni up in Gnisis was an interesting take on that stereotype, the Sun-in-Shadows / Eokii relationship actually had a weird interesting subtext, and an orc who gave me a delve mission just said he was able to play dead because "My mother made sure I was well rounded. I play a mean flute too. Wait, why are we talking about this again?"

Is the base game like that too? Or did they up their dialog for the Morrowind expansion? I've done the thieves guild quest (which: meh-meh+, but I love me the thieves guild) but otherwise have been basically only running around Vvardenfel.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Oh and doublepost but I heard some people go vamp and stay in stage one because they hate the elf-eyes and vamp eyes are more white.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I love my new healtank build lmao

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

Can I get a guild invite for @ChainsawJuggler ?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Scyantific posted:

I love my new healtank build lmao

Post more bitching about you being unkillable

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Digital Osmosis posted:

Oh and doublepost but I heard some people go vamp and stay in stage one because they hate the elf-eyes and vamp eyes are more white.

But... you can make your eyes any color you want during character creation???

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I think people don't like elf eyes because there's less white in their eyes, giving them a glassy animal like gaze. It's clear proof that they're less than human.

Now let me tell you about the skull measurements I've been making...

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Kurieg posted:

My Dunmer has the eyepatch, maybe that might help a little with only one eye?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

smdh if you don't like your dunmer having red eyes just smdh

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!
I ended up with a dual-wielding Dark Elf Dragon Knight simply because I was loving around with the character creator and liked the results.

This said, this is basically my /leanbackcoin character. Based on Alcast's videos, Imperial is a top pick for both tank DK and DPS DK. I'm looking forward to next month to grab the Imperial upgrade and make an Imperial Dragon Knight. It's really annoying that the upgrade is 21,000 crowns and not 20,000 crowns. :(

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Airspace posted:

My Dunmer has the eyepatch, maybe that might help a little with only one eye?

It only helps if you have two of them and can be double Leela.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Anyone know if there's a way to start the original story when making a new character if you own Morrowind? I got into the game because Vvardenfell but I might wanna pretend to be the hero of a big war and fight evil daedra or whatever on an alt, but so far my alts have all woken up on a boat to Vvardenfell

edit: oh, also, another stupid question: there's no monk build for this game, right? Will Dual Wield skills even work with fists? I mean if there's no way to enchant your fists they're effectively not viable, but if skills won't work with them then they're not even "useless but interesting"

Digital Osmosis fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 10, 2017

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Head to any major city on the mainland (my first stop as an EP lizardbro was Wayrest after I left Vvardenfell) and you ought to be confronted with a quest giver on the dock, telling you to go meet "The Benefactor". It will list itself under "main quest" or something in your journal. Meeting the Benefactor starts the traditional main quest, including the tutorial zone in Coldharbor, which you will be ridiculously over leveled and over geared for, whacking enemies in 2 hits while naked level 2 newbies swarm around everywhere.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Port to the mainland (usually Stonefalls) to start the main quest.

And no, there is no unarmed playstyle.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Use daggers and just pretend you're fisting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Ah, yeah, I did that with my main but was wondering if I could experience the old school TESO opening somehow.

New question: So individual abilities rank up if their on your bar, right? Can they be on either bar, or do they have to be on the bar that's active when you get EXP to rank up? There are a couple of magicka abilities I wanna stamina-morph, if I throw them on my backbar (which I never use at this point) will they eventually rank up? Or do I need to take out one of the skills I'm using and put them on my frontbar for them to rank up?

Oh, and finally: Anyone have any experience playing a bear-warden and playing a summoning sorc? I'm sure I want a summoner to be one of my alts, and was wondering if they played radically differently: if the companions were tougher or weaker, better or worse at drawing aggro away from you?

And lastly, both summoners and animal wardens have a skill that's something like "when a creature you have is killed or unsummoned, you're healed for x damage." As a warden.... that basically never happens. Nothing's taken my bear down before, it's always me who dies first. Unless that first dive bomb skill counts as a summon-and-unsummon, in which case the healing line seems OP as gently caress since I basically spam that. Am I misunderstanding how this passive works for wardens? Does it work better for summoners?